USS Maine: 350,000,000 credits

50k Coal: 60,000,000 credits

7  days of premium: 222,222 free xp

Jolly Roger flag:  10,200 steel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I bid 25 million on the coal and honestly I'm kind of shocked that I lost out ... the lowest winning bid was 60 MILLION lmao 🤣

• Like 1

Dang, I could have had premium time...

That actually surprises me that it would go for so low a price...unless it's a typo?

• Like 1

I have a feeling that WG is running into programing limits in regards to all these categories. I wonder who will have the most credits now in WoWS?

Well, 350 million credits for a Supership that will eventually be released doesn't surprise me in the least. People spend tons of doubloons on those early release high tier tech tree ships after all.  Thing that surprises me the most is the willingness to spend 10,200 steel on a flag that doesn't do anything other than make your ship look pretty. And I say a vast majority won't even notice you're flying it in game.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

Thing that surprises me the most is the willingness to spend 10,200 steel on a flag that doesn't do anything other than make your ship look pretty.

Yeah, that one surprised me as well. Also, 222k free xp for a week of premium is a little silly. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I bid 25 million on the coal and honestly I'm kind of shocked that I lost out ... the lowest winning bid was 60 MILLION lmao 🤣

I'm kind of glad I didn't win with my bid then cause that's a super ship!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

I'm kind of glad I didn't win with my bid then cause that's a super ship!

Honestly we'll be able to get the Maine for 57,000 (IIRC) credits in a patch or two anyways and that's when I will get her

8 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

I have a feeling that WG is running into programing limits in regards to all these categories. I wonder who will have the most credits now in WoWS?

No contest.  It must be The Iron Bank of Smaug, prop. @Lord_Zath.  Even WG is amazed at his balances. 

Perhaps his secret is that he doesn't spend on *anything*.

• Haha 1

crazy prices paid 

for a ship about 6 times  more than what it will be when its avaliable in the techtree 

shot-24.03.25_18.50.04-0408.jpg

shot-24.03.25_18.50.19-0891.jpg

shot-24.03.25_18.50.28-0274.jpg

shot-24.03.25_18.50.37-0092.jpg

shot-24.03.25_18.52.13-0428.jpg

actuions are just a rip off  

Edited by Gaelic_knight

54 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

actuions are just a rip off  

You can't be ripped off if you know it's a ripoff.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

Lowest Winning Bids:

USS Maine: 350,000,000 credits

50k Coal: 60,000,000 credits

7  days of premium: 222,222 free xp

Jolly Roger flag:  10,200 steel

Congrats to all the winners.  🙂 

I like that the auctions are volutary.  No one is forced to make a bid on an item.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

Well, I almost bid on the Maine & 
I almost bid on the coal & 
I almost bid on the Premium Days & 

I almost bid on the flag, so I guess I almost won on all of them. 

Nothing ventured nothing gained (or lost!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LOL about WG Auctions & ROFL about the Suckers who win the Auctions 😁. (I did offer 30m Credits for a haul of coal)

• Bored 1

60m credits for 50k coal is too expensive ... also I don't get the people bidding on Maine ... I guess it's only valid for those that don't have the ship line researched and they don't want to waste time and other resources ....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iDuckman said:

No contest.  It must be The Iron Bank of Smaug, prop. @Lord_Zath.  Even WG is amazed at his balances. 

Perhaps his secret is that he doesn't spend on *anything*.

You got me thinking. I did a search on some of the most notable commanders within WoWS. I took some snapshots statistics based on YT videos or Twitch and this is what I see for their ports:

Carbine Carlito - 2.5 Trillion credits, 2.8 mil Free XP
MalteseKnight - 505 mil credits, 1.1M Free XP
Flamu - 680 mil credits, 460k Free XP
Potato Quality - 101 Trillion credits, 10 mil Free XP
Flambass - 132 mil credits, 173k Free XP
Lord Zanath - 1.7 Trillion , 48 mil Free XP

Doubloons were not included because you have to pay for those. Now all of this may have some error percentage(s) due to the age of the information. None of these figures are saying anything negative of anyone in anyway for these accumulations. However as a guidepost this is interesting to see in regards to other WoWS players. BTW, my brother is a stickler in not spending free XP for anything. And in regards to me, 295k credits and 52k free XP after research bureau reset. I'm just a poor boy...

• Like 2

Lord Zath does spend on signals but with his account that is chump change.

10 hours ago, iDuckman said:

You can't be ripped off if you know it's a ripoff.

if dumb people want to pay for a ship thats going to cost them 6 times less soon  . then there being ripped off 

the whole auction gimmick is to drain you of your hard earned grinding .

just like that creatorverse is a rip off , summer event with the mega bundles is a rip off 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Carbine Carlito - 2.5 Trillion credits, 2.8 mil Free XP
MalteseKnight - 505 mil credits, 1.1M Free XP
Flamu - 680 mil credits, 460k Free XP
Potato Quality - 101 Trillion credits, 10 mil Free XP
Flambass - 132 mil credits, 173k Free XP
Lord Zanath - 1.7 Trillion , 48 mil Free XP

Doubloons were not included because you have to pay for those.

First:

I think you have your billions and trillions mixed up. 1,000,000,000 (a thousand million) or 109 is a billion to the Americans; the Europeans used to call it a Milliard; and Britain and Europe regarded a billion as being a million million (which is what the Americans call a trillion) for quite some time. 

In common usage:

106 - million = 1,000,000

109 - billion = 1,000,000,000

1012 - trillion = 1,000,000,000,000.

Second:

Long-standing Community Contributors and ex-Community Contributors tend to have a large number of doubloons as a result of stuff they get/got from WG for doing their CC jobs. Zath said on stream once that his total financial outlay in World of Warships is twenty US dollars. Everything else is carefully hoarded CC perks and other stuff that flowed out from that.

13 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

if dumb people want to pay for a ship thats going to cost them 6 times less soon  . then there being ripped off 

Third:

If your credit balance is in the high hundreds of millions or thousands of millions, 350 million is nothing of consequence - on top of which, if you are a CC or a monetized streamer (not always the same thing), having that content early to show your viewers is important

• Like 3

Not wanting to pee on anyone's parade, and I suppose if I had an endless supply of resources to hand I would have participated, but those prices are way beyond what I would even think of spending. Especially the flag! One full Harugumo reset and some more for a flag...!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

60m credits for 50k coal is too expensive ... also I don't get the people bidding on Maine ... I guess it's only valid for those that don't have the ship line researched and they don't want to waste time and other resources ....

Seems inflation has caused an up-tick in the pricing?
I think previous 100k coal went for approximately 100 million credits during previous Lighthouse Auctions?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Efros said:

Not wanting to pee on anyone's parade, and I suppose if I had an endless supply of resources to hand I would have participated, but those prices are way beyond what I would even think of spending. Especially the flag! One full Harugumo reset and some more for a flag...!!

This auction was beyond my budget.  But, I'm okay with that.
I've participated in some of the past Lighthouse Auctions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Seems inflation has caused an up-tick in the pricing?
I think previous 100k coal went for approximately 100 million credits during previous Lighthouse Auctions?

A previous auction had 50k coal that went for 66 million, which was slightly more than this one one. I bid 70 million and got 10 million back.

I won one 100k coal lot a while back, and that one was cheaper, but at around 100 million credits, I stopped bidding in auctions for a while.

Credits are relatively easy to replace compared with coal, so that's usually the only exchange I consider in auctions, but I need well in excess of 100 million (in this case I had over 200 million) to even consider participating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

the whole auction gimmick is to drain you of your hard earned grinding .

just like that creatorverse is a rip off , summer event with the mega bundles is a rip off 

IMG_5124.jpeg.a16af321cfbda243ba1b574de64ec8ce.jpeg

• Haha 2

Hi all,

I have all Silver ships (except 2 new USN CVs and brand new Commonwealth line 5-10).

I also have around 500M Credits.

But I didn't want to participate in the auction... that ship wold come soon enough for 50M Credits...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1