Kodak Moments

tm63au

Butt inappropriate kodak moment, imo. I never place non-national camo on any ship but then I'm a traditionalist about this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tm63au said:

God I hate this ship

What is it that you hate about the Tier IX Donskoi?

31 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Is that the one they nicknamed 'Donkey'?

20 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Butt inappropriate kodak moment, imo. I never place non-national camo on any ship but then I'm a traditionalist about this.

That's the meme, that this ship deserves

regards 

• Bored 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Frostbow said:

How long have you got and where do I start ? the guns ? the quality of the ammunition this rust bucket fires or the fact we all had to go through 2 yes 2 !!! painful regrinds after some in the community had reached Tier X Thanks WG 

lets look at the first fun time it happened is they decided to make Kirov special along with Moskva, so I finish The Don and get Moskva, But WG says NO you need regrind from Tier 3 to get a new Tier X, GEE THANKS WG.

So we finish that then no sooner did we go through that torture WG says hey you not done yet you have do all that crap again because we have a sub branch now, and off we go again.

OK my memory might be a bit fuzzy but I'm pretty certain that's how it went but I'm certain if I'm wrong someone will correct me, anyways grinding through the line was OK until reaching The Don, that ship is a buzzkill.

but i will leave at there because if I talk about guns and ammo and the 20 other things wrong with the ship ( in my view ) we could be here all night.

regards

Edited by tm63au

Hmmm...  from the whole branch, I felt the same and it's a ship I really did NOT like.

I used to play Budyonny (sold her but good ship for its tier), Shchors (one of my favorite ships), Chapaïev (bought her again) and all of them were more than decent, if we accept that they are light cruisers, meaning that their so-called "armour" is a bit of a joke.
But the Donskoï... Damn, it was a real pain.  🤮

"Slow" would be the best summary : slow to accelerate, slow to turn, slow turrets.
At least it has a bit of accuracy and range, but the A. Nevsky was a real relief.
I finished D.Donskoï without spending freeXP to get to tier X... but it was itching a bit (yeah, sometimes I like to suffer  😛 )

I momentarily thought of regrinding the branch, but knowing I'll have to play this ship again is like a repellant for me. 🙂

Little add-on : I also have the same feeling for the heavy cruisers' branch : the Tallinn was OKish but I did not like her.
I did not do anything good with the Riga either and I really hated her, though I can easily admit that the player is the trouble, not the ship.
Let say this thing was not for me.
As for the Petro, I just unlocked her recently and did not play her a lot.
As we say in french " comparison is not reason", but the Petro was a real relief after the Riga.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2024 at 9:32 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

Is that the one they nicknamed 'Donkey'?

"Why did he call you donkey?"

"I don't know, he haw, he haw, he halways calls me that."

anon.

Edited by Efros
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2