Tier III Mischief: Caradoc

Frostbow

As a Cdn, I will obtain it when it goes out of early access - I will use the Com coins to get a 6 or 10 pt Cpt for it.

• Like 1

I smiled when I saw the name of this ship since I have sung the role of Major General Stanley in Pirates of Penzance. Caradoc appears in his first song. Its done at a fairly fast tempo, but if done too fast, its hell to pronounce, and if slower, your breath may not hold up. This is about 10% of the song:

I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's; I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox, I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus, In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous; [BREATHE]

I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies, I know the croaking chorus from The Frogs of Aristophanes! Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore, [BREATHE!] And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore; [BREATHE] 

Just reading it aloud without breathing until the mark gives an idea of the difficulty. Fun times in community theater. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Like 5