For the love of god someone must know.........

Capt_Kremenski

How do you get that mission for the rental of Mainz??

I've seen this asked on Discord, on Reddit, but no one ever answers.

Is it a case of standing on a 40th floor window sill with your right trouser leg rolled up and shaking hands with some hooded guy, or slaughtering your first born with a silver dagger under a full moon??

What am I missing?

• Like 1

Must be some RNGeysus thingy.....couple of days ago got a Hornet rental. Yikes......

You+want+me+to+go+to+the+vet.png

• Haha 3

Yesterday I noticed that I have that mission.

The thing is, I have NO idea where it came from. When I read the news I actually pay attention and I have no recollection whatsoever of clicking on anything that gave a rental ship.

It's really weird.

10 hours ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

Is it a case of standing on a 40th floor window sill with your right trouser leg rolled up and shaking hands with some hooded guy, or slaughtering your first born with a silver dagger under a full moon??

What am I missing?

Prob a button in one of the news

I haven't even played the game for a month, other than to go into the Training Room to investigate a couple of technical issues, much less read the WOWS News to hit any button. However, I have the Mainz mission.

shot-24-03-24-03-55-09-0387.jpg

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

I haven't even played the game for a month, other than to go into the Training Room to investigate a couple of technical issues, much less read the WOWS News to hit any button. However, I have the Mainz mission.

Only loan I am afraid... look at the "clock" icon...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

Sometimes these rental ship missions are randomly awarded to a select number of players.

I found a CV rental on my account the other day (Hornet, maybe?).  I haven't seen the Mainz rental mission.

Anyway I took the box and Yubari dropped out of it, not bad...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Sometimes these rental ship missions are randomly awarded to a select number of players.

I found a CV rental on my account the other day (Hornet, maybe?).  I haven't seen the Mainz rental mission.

I had the Hornet rental, too.  A few weeks ago.
I think the rental period was for 3 days or 5 battles, whichever happens first.  For me, the battles happened first.

I don't mind sailing a "rental".  It's a nice way to get a "free sample" and "try before you buy".
For me, the Hornet was an interesting variation of CV play.  She's now on my "wish list".

In the past I've had the Yamato and the Kaga as "rentals", too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

What am I missing?

I've been playing Star Trek Online the past few days.  But this morning, Sunday March 24th. 2024, I logged-in to World of Warships.
And. "lo and behold", the "Mainz rental or a Junior Recruiting Station Container" mission was there waiting for me. 
Now all I have to do is earn 9,000 BaseXP.  😉 

4 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

18 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've been playing Star Trek Online the past few days.  But this morning, Sunday March 24th. 2024, I logged-in to World of Warships.
And. "lo and behold", the "Mainz rental or a Junior Recruiting Station Container" mission was there waiting for me. 
Now all I have to do is earn 9,000 BaseXP.  😉 

So did either of you  jump through any hoops or was it just there?

considering they have been doing some aggressive moves to encourage people to bring new players like those recruiting station missions and group play missions it would not surprise me if this mission was given to those who haven't used the recruit station or played in groups.

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So did either of you  jump through any hoops or was it just there?

I watched qualifying Twitch streams, this past week.  I'm not sure if they awarded the mission or not.
That's all I can guess, at the moment.  
Otherwise it was simply WG/WOWs RNG? 
I don't know.  :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

Perhaps it's some code related thing? Or Twitch, as you say.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I haven't played in a little bit myself but getting the Mainz as a rental may entice my return earlier than expected! I will log in later to check.

• Like 1

Well ... I certainly haven't watched any Twitch streams, so I don't know if it's that.

It showed up in my combat mission list and I haven’t watched any Twitch streams either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm now fairly certain it's RNG.

I  read all news and click all buttons, I watch the official WoW stream every week plus a few others like Lord_Zath, MalteseKnight.

No one on Reddit or Discord has given an answer so it seems it's just luck of the draw.

Having MainzB I wasn't interested in the rental but I did want the container. Oh well.........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It even showed up for me, but I think only on EU, not on ASIA. The only code I've used is the Romanian captain one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

Which code was that?

TEODORESCU

From this thread

Gives a string of missions for a captain. I don't know if there's ANY connection between those two missions.

• Like 1

Sadly not that.

Already used that code and completed mission.

CAPT.png

• Like 1

The speculation seems to be that it is indeed random, and there's neither any confirmation nor denial by WG as far as I can tell. Whether something triggers it or not, I don't know. I would have thought that it might have been playing a German cruiser, but I have this on EU, and I've only, IIRC, been playing Japanese or Spanish ships on EU lately.

• Like 2