Russian language appearing in the description of Wisconsin dockyard (public test server)

New_Jersey_prpr

For anyone who persists the idea that WG is doing everything on their own with absolutely no help from Lesta studio.

image.png.940935d641361642e6bea720c64cc8ec.pngimage.png.44d303a994ee4a4aa61fd3d14fc1953f.pngimage.png.43f382f544c9aa8383495d2e6c8226d2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

The language for some part of base game is written in Russian. Probably WG staff copy and paste some old elements from previous dockyard and forgot to put Simplified Chinese language file in.

• Like 4

In their job postings WG has been clear that they are looking for devs that are proficient in Russian. It shouldn’t come as any surprise that there is still a lot of Russian language stuff under the hood that was inherited from Lesta.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, a252 said:

The language for some part of base game is written in Russian. Probably WG staff copy and paste some old elements from previous dockyard and forgot to put Simplified Chinese language file in.

Previous experience has proved that if translation for other language is not done they'll replace it with English.

• Like 2

Well I may be wrong of course, but even if it's being written in cyrillic alphabet, this does not mandatorily mean it's russian : many coutries in eastern Europe use this alphabet (Bulgaria, Bielorusia or Ukraine to begin with...)

My two cents.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Silence_CN said:

Well I may be wrong of course, but even if it's being written in cyrillic alphabet, this does not mandatorily mean it's russian : many coutries in eastern Europe use this alphabet (Bulgaria, Bielorusia or Ukraine to begin with...)

My two cents.

You are right, but there are still some differences between cyrillic alphabets in different languages (for example, in Serbian cyrillic, letter "i" is written as in Russian, but "j" as in latin alphabet). Based on my not so deep knowledge I would say that the text is probably in Russian language.

• Like 1

Ok I don't know where the idea for this post came from... Though, its evident it was done in bad faith..

I've been in PTS for years.. I was in PTS when the old system of getting your rewards was in place (not the hassle free system we use today).

PTS server is a neutral server located in the EU region. This is known for years. Are their Russians in the EU region? YES!

If the PTS server has changed location...It would be located in Serbia (WG EU HUB). Now a quick Google search and you will find this..

image.thumb.png.897811f98b81fa55bf6ca8fd4e6a06fb.png

Oddly enough, looks Russian. It looks like the OPs pic.

Now, if anyone who is not in a linguistics field (me included).. I would show a little bit more restraint and maybe verify what you're seeing... 

This is like me confusing Korean Hangul with Japan's Katakana. Then making false claims About the Chinese people. 🤣

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW

This is not the first nor the last time you will find Cyrillic in PTS server.. Rest assured... But the time patch day comes.. All language bug are usually cleared up.

Edited by Navalpride33

15 hours ago, Silence_CN said:

My two cents.

Yes, but it's in Russian though. Is this from PTS?

21 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yes, but it's in Russian though. Is this from PTS?

Yes, those images are the info you get when you mouseover the elements of the Wisconsin dockyard on the PTS server.

• Thanks 2

Anybody really surprised here? It was clear "the total split up" was mostly just "lip service" from day one IMHO