Weekend Not-spree, 22-24 March 2024.

Ensign Cthulhu

I'm off to take Little Miss Cthulhu to another dance competition, and this time I'm travelling light and not taking the laptop.

See you all again on Monday night. 😎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

This post will be getting a semaphore message of my results (as usual). I appreciate your weekend spree topic posting. Cheers from the 'Herring' school 😁.

• Like 1

Played some Asym battles on the PTS, but had limited time for WoWS.

Much of the weekend was doing equipment checks on the gear I'm taking for the eclipse on April 8.  Spent a good deal of time running around finding replacement knobs for one of the telescope mounts, and some other peripheral things (e.g. a new set of allen wrenches, screws, masking tape.)

• Like 2

Participated in Naval Battles, today.
-----------------------------------------------
Friday night, my Wife observed a mouse in our kitchen.  And communicated to me, so that I could walk into the kitchen and see for myself.
We've known of a mouse prowling in our kitchen for a while.  But we hadn't seen it with our own eyes, until Friday night.

The intrepid rodent is using the gap of space between the top of the dishwasher machine and the underside of the counter-top to make its entrance into the kitchen.
We were able to encourage it to return to its den, for the moment.  (It was able to move quite fast.)
But, it prowled again, later, while we were asleep, based upon evidence we discovered in the morning.

I've ordered a variety of mouse-traps, which should arrive on Thursday.
---------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------
Posted in various Forum topics.
------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------
Sailed my Conde' into a Co-op game and discovered that my 'Bot team-mate had "leveled-up" their game-play.
Details in another post, in another topic.  
https://www.devstrike.net/topic/1339-what-were-your-greatest-gaming-achievements-today/?do=findComment&comment=43792
----------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Played a "3-day rental" Mainz in a few games, including a random battle wherein she earned a star for my Naval Battles Grid, and a few Co-op battles.
Interesting ship, so far.  🙂 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Played Star Trek Online quite a bit, yesterday. 
Have acquired a "set" of Reman Advanced Prototype equipment for one of my character's ships (via the "Reputation System" and playing the "Coliseum" episode).
https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/New_Romulus_Command_Advanced_Prototype_Space_Set

Also acquired three of the five items in the 5-piece Bajor Defense Set. 
(I've had the impulse engine for a while, but now I have the shield and the deflector array, too.)
https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Bajor_Defense_Set
------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday (Saturday) we got a couple of inches of snow in the morning, followed up with rain in the afternoon.
At approximately 2 p.m., I went outside and shoveled our driveway. 
The snow was wet and heavy with the rainwater.  So, using my snowblower seemed inappropriate. 
It would have clogged a number of times and probably couldn't have thrown the heavy wet snow any further than I could shovel it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched a the first three episodes of Season 1 of Babylon-5, last night, on ROKU.
Was nice to re-visit the series with a fresh perspective.
Followed-up a bit of my curiosity, and discovered one of the actresses also played a role in one of the Austin Powers movies.
Kudos to anyone who correctly ascertains their name.  🙂 

I hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.  🙂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Kudos to anyone who correctly ascertains their name.  🙂 

Without googling I know it was an Italian actress and she played “alotta vagina “ in Austin power’s. lol 

• Like 2

I discovered that I have four submarines in my port.  I had 1 battle in one of them.  My win rate thus far was 100%

So, I went to sub school and watched all the vids from @Askance and another Utube video of the Undine. I played the Undine for about 6 mins. and won a naval battle star.  My win rate dropped to 50%.

Looks like I'll be spending some time in the training room.

• Like 2

On EU server, my clan lost to a dedicated NA clan (boo) tho we usually prevail there (in NBs). For NA clan, we weren't even included this NB weekend. Who knows why.

Some progress in Com coin & trivial stuff - should have enough coin, eventually, for a 6 & a 10 pt Com Cpt (&, ofc, that pennant Com flag) before Com early access ends.

Gun Show this weekend so I didn't play much other than Operations at night.  I found a ML pistol a very good friend of mine made 30 years ago !  It's a trip to the range this week to see where it shoots !!! 

Found the USS Maine in my Monday Morning Inbox this AM.

image.thumb.png.575b51879b4e3d9d98697cf7d693a043.png

It's OK.......nothing to scream and yell about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

For NA clan, we weren't even included this NB weekend. Who knows why.

Was it due to a lack of activity during the week?

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:
1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

For NA clan, we weren't even included this NB weekend. Who knows why.

I was suspecting the clan didn't qualify because they didn't complete the preparation phase.  

• Thanks 1

Little Miss Cthulhu's dance competition went very well, and she and her colleagues achieved an absolutely fantastic team result:

Twelve teenage girl ballerina Cthulhus holding trophy in triumph while audience cheers

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I have no knowledge about this requirement.

12 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I was suspecting the clan didn't qualify because they didn't complete the preparation phase.  

Again, no knowledge why. Sometimes my NA clan is included in NBs but other times not. My clan is placed with low ranked clans. Often, just two of us (myself & another) are sufficient to win a NB matchup. 

8 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I have no knowledge about this requirement.

Again, no knowledge why. Sometimes my NA clan is included in NBs but other times not. My clan is placed with low ranked clans. Often, just two of us (myself & another) are sufficient to win a NB matchup. 

If you click on the naval battles tab, right under the words "Clan Mission" is this week's requirements for your clan to be able to get into the weekend Naval Battle. The more people in the clan the higher the requirements. This week my clan of 4 has to get 13,500 base xp.

• Like 2

Recently, my car, a 2016 Kia Soul Base with a 1.6L & 6-spd manual, exhibited rough idle and abnormal running and reduced power.  
The check engine light flashed briefly, too.

So, I ordered some parts.

Yesterday, I replaced the spark plugs and coil-on-plug ignition coils, and the air filter, too, just for good measure.
I also used an engine code scanner.  The scan provided code p-0304.  Which indicates a mis-fire in cylinder #4.

I took pics of the old spark plugs, and the plug in the #4 cylinder was significantly more oil-fouled (or fuel-fouled, due to lack of ignition) than the others.

Now, I'm happy to report my car is idling smoothly.  🙂

I plan to change the PCV-valve, too.  I simply forgot to order it.
Current odometer reading is 096333 miles.

I had changed the spark-plugs, previously as part of a tune-up.  But the coil-on-plug ignition coils were original to the car.
Given their age & mileage, they were due for replacement, anyway.