Games ending early...

Col_NASTY

Just had 2 games end VERY early.

One was Standard Battle, I was capping the red base. Had 2 min to go .

Both teams had plenty of ships left.

VICTORY.

HUH??

The very next game I was capping B cap.

Reds Still had 6 ships remaining and were actually getting a caps as well.. The fighting was EPIC.

Victory.

HUH???

All real players no bots.

I've seen COOP games last longer. What about solo warrior? Close games??

WTH???🫠

• Like 2

The victory conditions were met, somehow.
Probably by sinking enough ships to force the points of one team to zero (or lower)?

• Like 2

Complaining about winning. Wow.

Play some T-1o brawls. It will fix your urge to win given the conditions.

• Bored 2

1 minute ago, thornzero said:

Complaining about winning. Wow.

Play some T-1o brawls. It will fix your urge to win given the conditions.

That's all you got from that post? 

giphy(7).gif.2cebb271ccabc09883df7c2ca7fb620a.gif

Well, when it comes to WG and complaining, I have now seen it all.

Wasn't meant to offend.

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

I had a game yesterday and i was like wha?!     Turned out the last ship; a sub, died behind an island without ever being spotted to flooding 30 seconds after a bb blind dropped dc's.

Edited by WES_HoundDog

4 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

I had a game yesterday and i was like wha?!     Turned out the last ship; a sub, died behind an island without ever being spotted to flooding 30 seconds after a bb blind dropped dc's.

An example of how bent WoWS has become. At least, the BB sank the 'Flub' via a clever guess where it was, so there is that redeeming feature - the Flub got sunk 😁.

5 hours ago, thornzero said:

Well, when it comes to WG and complaining, I have now seen it all.

Wasn't meant to offend.

I think the complaint was that the one time when you actually get to have fun it ends early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I think the complaint was that the one time when you actually get to have fun it ends early.

In all fairness, I was a bit salty to-day for a reason. I was struggling to get Daring to work proper in T-1o brawls Monday and Tuesday. It was horrible. So I switched to Gearing and cleared the rest of the coal mission today with no problems. 

So I had several 1ook+ matches which is rare for me especially in a DD.

So this one match, the team is all the way in the east and I was in the west spotting and torping. One BB pipes up that no one is doing anything and I'm like yeah I'm at 184k damage. Well, he says, 'you aren't being efficient enough'.

Good grief. I wasn't farming.

• Like 1

Sounds like a team got zeroed out on points. It can even happen without kills, if one team is very low and the other snatches a buff.

No doubt @Col_NASTY knows the game conditions for winning.  I get the complaint.  In co ops, it is normal to win the game with 40 - 60k of HP left on the map.  Super irritating.  Bucks the idea of getting kills, dmg, fires, etc, and results in a player using more boosters and signals, which might be the point.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Just had 2 games end VERY early.

One was Standard Battle, I was capping the red base. Had 2 min to go .

Both teams had plenty of ships left.

VICTORY.

HUH??

There is an interesting dynamic that occurs in this situation.  In Standard mode both teams slowly get points as long as their cap is clear of enemy ships.  Thus, from the very start of the game, this plus up cap tic (added to the beginning points) provides a little bit of a hedge against losing by going negative.  Once you enter the red cap, they stop getting points from the cap.  Although each situation is unique, it is possible this point denial played a role in the early victory.

By the way, the cap point denial concept is a very important concept to understand.  Sometimes in a close game all one need do is enter an enemy cap long enough to cause the points to flip, and then retreat before the enemy can find and kill you.  I've seen many players not understand this concept when they come up in chat and state we don't have time to cap the base and not realize we don't need to cap...we just need to contest long enough to flip points.  A similar concept exists in domination mode where the reds stop getting points for a cap as soon as green enters to contest or flip it.

Works the other way when the reds are near to the green cap.  Sometives you gotta recognize the situation and defend appropriately.

• Like 2

Its been an issue with 6-7 min steamrolls at T10 for years now. Wedgies solution? Create a game mode like Arms Race which even further speed up the already short games by making DDs suicide at start for BS buffs and then its a steep snowball effect where one team gets majority of the buffs and secure the win even faster.

So Wedgie apparently thinks 6-7 min games are way too long and slow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Its been an issue with 6-7 min steamrolls at T10 for years now. Wedgies solution? Create a game mode like Arms Race which even further speed up the already short games by making DDs suicide at start for BS buffs and then its a steep snowball effect where one team gets majority of the buffs and secure the win even faster.

So Wedgie apparently thinks 6-7 min games are way too long and slow.

Possibly short battles allows people to consume boosts more effectively for smaller gains. Er.... but is this actually a positive for us gamers?..

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Possibly short battles allows people to consume boosts more effectively for smaller gains. Er.... but is this actually a positive for us gamers?..

I thought about this as well when I saw WG implementing the Arms race mode, which just like most of their implementations go straight against whats good for the game (even shorter battles) or what the playerbase want.

Of course, this will boost WGs gains in players wasting their hard earned/bought eco booster for even less and less gains, which means they can give them out in daily boxes without even risking anything and also probably get some whales to buy more eco booster for all those they wasted in 6 min games.

I also recon they can use a statistic showing a Hugh number of battles played for any financiers, investors ensuring them its not a dying game, any businesses wanting to do collabs with WG etc etc. Nobody will understand the reason there is so many games played is that modes and mechanics ensure they are 6 min long.

Probably also the same reason WG gives you some crumbs for logging into the game each day, and after 30 days you get a mega nerfed "Super"container? Nobody understands that 50% of the ones logging in log out the seconds after they got their daily crumb. But their statistics say that "A HUGE amount of players log into their game each and every day......!!"

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yep !!!  Well said.   Throughput = Revenue.

• Like 1