Supership Maine in Auction

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

Sorry if I missed a thread about this ship before, but what kind of "gimmick" does it have? I understand it has some more guns and some more HP, but is this more like a Clausewitz/Piedmonte Supership (More sidegrade than upgrade) than a Conde/Annapolis Supership (HUGE Upgrade)?

image.thumb.png.93358a36081aa79544853ee8bf96f8a7.png

*edit*

Sorry, I found it by digging around a bit in the Tech tree.

image.thumb.jpeg.1c5e1df0c98a5b664272663678f5a5cc.jpeg

Effects:

Continues AA damage .... eeh ok ..... ? AA thats sooo strong these days?

Fire damage.....? Should you play this as a HE spammer .... with 36% fire chance on HE shells....

Flooding damage .....? So you should mostly use these Combat instructions when you use ASW on subs then or what....?!

What am I missing....? Im confused....

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You're not missing anything.  No point in trying to make sense of the nonsensical.  

• Like 5

You don't do more dot damage, you take reduced dot damage.

I am actually quite sad that Maine will be released via the auction 1st. I get it that WG is doing that these days but was hoping it would just get a regular release. I was really looking forward to it. If it goes like past SS auctions for hundreds of millions of credits I will just pass. The cost of these SS's is already outrageous at the standard credit price (57 Million for a BB -OR- 48.45 Million w/ clan discount) so I just can't justify 200 Million+ credits for a ship that will lose credits to play it. Just a shame.

Oh well... 😢

tenor.gif?itemid=9806790

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Fire damage.....? Should you play this as a HE spammer .... with 36% fire chance on HE shells....

Flooding damage .....? So you should mostly use these Combat instructions when you use ASW on subs then or what....?!

The combat instruction reduces fire and flooding damage you take

59 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am actually quite sad that Maine will be released via the auction 1st. I get it that WG is doing that these days but was hoping it would just get a regular release. I was really looking forward to it. If it goes like past SS auctions for hundreds of millions of credits I will just pass. The cost of these SS's is already outrageous at the standard credit price (57 Million for a BB -OR- 48.45 Million w/ clan discount) so I just can't justify 200 Million+ credits for a ship that will make lose credits to play it. Just a shame.

Oh well... 😢

tenor.gif?itemid=9806790

Don't you just like have to ... wait for the regular release? This is again just something where WG dupes those who don't have the patience to wait...

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Don't you just like have to ... wait for the regular release? This is again just something where WG dupes those who don't have the patience to wait...

Do I have to? No. I have the credits to get it if I want to in the auction (I assume it will be credits like always but who knows). Am I willing to pay 4-5X+ the regular value in credits to do so and get it early? NO WAY. SuperShips are already a massive credit sink without adding the inflated auction prices to the mix. 

Patience is not my strong point but even I have limits to spending for my fix (free game resources or money).

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

I saw what Wedgie has offered in this Auction & nothing in it appeals to me. My opinion is this is just another scam by Wedgie to part credits from the Fools. This 'Herring' isn't biting. I will wait till Wedgie offers something useless that this Herring (me) actually would like (eg. a useless flag that, nevertheless, I like or some such other drivel).

6 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

what kind of "gimmick" does it have?

I, personally, don't care. I refuse to play Supersh*ts, same as I refuse to play 'Flubs' &, ofc, the broken reworked CVs.

Whyyyy? Easy - to remove excess credits 😁

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

This is again just something where WG dupes those who don't have the patience to wait...

Same as the early access scam 😁

3 hours ago, Frostbow said:

I can wait.

In my case, forever 😁

• Like 1

I have never purchased a super ship because paying the operating costs seemed like a bad decision.  I have not changed my mind so - no auction.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Effects:

Continues AA damage .... eeh ok ..... ? AA thats sooo strong these days?

AA is whatever

The other effects (reduced fire damage, reduced flooding damage) are huge for BB survivability. 

It certainly seems more interesting than the more tame superships we've been getting recently. 

She has 35s reload on bunch of 406 so I think i ll pass on the other hand though it might be interesting to try the -11% module on 16 montana guns… One way or the other I think I can wait for couple of months to do so

Edited by Yedwy

Stack it with DCP mod for 31sec duration DCP.

You'll effectively have 1.5mins of continuous dot resistance.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aethervox said:

Same as the early access scam 😁

Yes. Undoubtedly. While that is one of WG's revenue streams, it also highlights a lack of understanding on the part of the customer should he purchase it without even knowing how to play it—and I've seen plenty of players in their shiny new ships in PVP battles, fail or to put it pleasantly, maximize, their purchases.

On my end, I plan to build up more credits so that by the time we get to snowflakes season, I'll be able to add new super ships to my port in case the flakes are valuable enough to be earned.

20 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1c5e1df0c98a5b664272663678f5a5cc.jpeg

My Montana is equipped with her Unique Upgrade and while I am not sure yet how it would compare against the features of the Maine, I have been very happy with my Tier X.

20 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am actually quite sad that Maine will be released via the auction 1st. I get it that WG is doing that these days but was hoping it would just get a regular release. I was really looking forward to it. If it goes like past SS auctions for hundreds of millions of credits I will just pass. The cost of these SS's is already outrageous at the standard credit price (57 Million for a BB -OR- 48.45 Million w/ clan discount) so I just can't justify 200 Million+ credits for a ship that will lose credits to play it. Just a shame.

Oh well... 😢

tenor.gif?itemid=9806790

Why?

Because you aren't giving WG enough money, of course...

😛

so its 100 milion, what was the last lowest winning bid for supership in auction?

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

so its 100 milion, what was the last lowest winning bid for supership in auction?

I don't believe any SS had gone for less than 200 Million in the auction. Maybe but pretty sure they have all been 200 Million+. I believe Ushakov was the most expensive at like 280 Million +/-.

The news article that just came out today shows Maine will be available in the tech tree (normal way) in update 0.13.4. So, 57 Million credits (48.45 Million w/ clan base discount) vs 200 Million+. That is an easy decision for me.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/auction-supership-maine/

I admit I might be tempted at the 100 Million starting price to get it early but in all likelihood, based on past auctions, 200 Million minimum is going to be the winning bid so wait it is.

22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't believe any SS had gone for less than 200 Million in the auction. Maybe but pretty sure they have all been 200 Million+. I believe Ushakov was the most expensive at like 280 Million +/-.

The news article that just came out today shows Maine will be available in the tech tree (normal way) in update 0.13.4. So, 57 Million credits (48.45 Million w/ clan base discount) vs 200 Million+. That is an easy decision for me.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/auction-supership-maine/

I admit I might be tempted at the 100 Million starting price to get it early but in all likelihood, based on past auctions, 200 Million minimum is going to be the winning bid so wait it is.

so in two months we get it for normal price 😄

Posted (edited)

First Videos are up! Btw, great Super unicum tip in first video at 26:02, being able to detect a DD actually torping you by seeing his gun turrets aim way in from of you're ship. Don't think many would have picked up on it!

(for anyone new to the game, torps need more "Lead" than guns, and gun turrets follow youre torp launchers when youre in torp launch view. So if you see a DD looking way in front of youre ships with his guns but he aint shooting .... hes torping you... time to turn in! ! ! )

A guy in chat had this to say...

image.thumb.jpeg.242c80d75fa12bed136b081a630789e7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5ac26faae4e3c54f09403bd183fd3826.jpeg

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

I have a bad feeling about this.....   We have not been seriously messed with in a while......

Imagine, all of you waiting for the "normal price" whom are giggling about the Collectors,  whom rub their fingertips on sandpaper, to heighten sensitivity, poised, with the Command Finger above the 500 million bid at second +/0001.............yes - CLICK !!   It's all mine...    And, the rest of you find out that Our Host, decided to not release it "as usual.." A-ahahahaha suckers...!   And the audience hears that Wihelm Scream........as chaos ensues...

Now that, would be priceless and would assure that all, and I mean all, future auctions would have 100% participation....  How do I suggest that to them !>?

At some point, the entire concept of Super Ships will finally have a solid purpose......I think.    Anyone know what it is now???

Edited by Asym

31 minutes ago, Asym said:

At some point, the entire concept of Super Ships will finally have a solid purpose......I think.    Anyone know what it is now???

I have a super-ship carrier. It's interesting to play it occasionally as it has different planes than the Midway. However, it costs me a quarter-million credits every time I take it out too.

600px-AJ-1_in_flight_over_California_195

Grumman_F9F-2_Panther_of_VF-112_in_fligh

600px-Bearcat_-_Fly_Navy_Day_2016_(27564

Fun fact: A racing variant of the F8F Bearcat holds several air speed records for piston-engine aircraft.

• Like 1

With an overprice of say 150-200 M (above the normal Supership BB prize) it is more than 50 % of the cost of a 21 p captain to accompany the ship - I wait.