Swedish Cold War Dragon Class diesel Submarine HMS Nordkaparen (North Caper) with drum mag torp loader!

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

Don't remember if I linked this video here before. A museum ship in my hometown Gothenburg in Sweden. Could it be an upcoming Premium Swedish/EU T8 submarine in the game? 

Nordkaparen had one large slow propeller in the back instead of the most common 2 smaller ones which made it really quiet and stealthy underwater. Build at kockums shipyards in Sweden which also build the renowned HMS Gotland which in a recent wargame with allied nations manage to go undetected thru all the protection layers of the US Carrier Ronald Reagan and perform several successful simulated torpedo attacks and sink the carrier.

Nordkaparens motto was "Semper in Viam" which means "Always on route"

Ubåten Nordkaparen | Maritiman | Maritimt upplevelsemuseum i Göteborg.

HMS Nordkaparen | Kalla krigets historia

HMS Nordkaparen (Nor)

HMS Nordkaparen (Nor) | Ubåt av Draken II-klass. I tjänst 19… | Flickr

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 6

• OldSchoolGaming_Youtube changed the title to Swedish Cold War Dragon Class diesel Submarine HMS Nordkaparen (North Caper) with drum mag torp loader!

yeah I could see this coming to the game in the future as a EU submarine, althrough not as a tier 8, too technologically advanced to be sharing the same tier level as late interwar ships like Le Fantasque, Mogami or North Carolina.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

yeah I could see this coming to the game in the future as a EU submarine, althrough not as a tier 8, too technologically advanced to be sharing the same tier level as late interwar ships like Le Fantasque, Mogami or North Carolina.

It appears to be a post WW2 submarine, Draken class. There was an older Delfinen class Nordkaparen too, launched in 1935.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Delfinen_II_class_submarines

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springaren_(1935)

Was the drum mag loading ... thingy ... a thing in all nations or was that a Swedish .... thingy....?!

And what is it this V1 style missile with Swedish marking on a warship near submarine?

1 hour ago, Prva_paroplavebná said:

And what is it this V1 style missile with Swedish marking on a warship near submarine?

44 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yes, the Sisterships HMS Småland and HMS Halland was the first destroyers in the world that got equipped with anti-ship missiles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Was the drum mag loading ... thingy ... a thing in all nations or was that a Swedish .... thingy....?!

Well, the "drum mag loading" was not present on the US Submarine museum ships I've visited.

Looks like a perfect t6 to me, thats about the tech level we have in subs at that tier...

17 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

could see this coming to the game in the future as a EU submarine

No, please, NO!

• Like 1