Malum0ne

Tell us something embarrassing you did as a noob, that you look back on now and have a good laugh.

I’ll go first: The first time I ever saw a “Pink Boat”, I started shooting at it...lol
And I shot so many times before my teammates started yelling at me to stop.

Team: “Dude, what are you doing!? 🤬
Me: “I’m shooting that Pink Boat, but not making a dent on it.”   🤷‍♂️

Team: “Dude, that guy is on our team! That’s a teammate, STOP SHOOTING AT IT! 😡
Me: “Oh... OH! 🧐 Oh yeah, I knew that..." 🙄 😎

• Haha 4

Well, most recently I was pasting my usual spam message in the cross team chat at the start of the battle. Or... so I thought, I had forgotten I had placed something else on the clip board between battles and...

image.jpeg.231c682b367bb42a3b0fcaa470837322.jpeg

• Haha 4

1Well, I'm a life-long noob, so I reserve the right to keep doing embarrassing stuff. Most recently, two days ago2, I went into a Teams video conference meeting for work. Several people there, including my boss and an external consultant. I began talking to be interrupted by a Dr. someone. "Sorry, who are you?" he said. Huh? I looked up at the participants list of Profs. and Drs, to find myself entered as "DevStrike". I still don't know how that happened, or who's to blame...

1Not in-game, but the OP did leave room for interpretation...

2Yeah, it was Friday, see?

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
time flies...
  • Haha 8

When I got my first citadel I thought I hit a special ship. I figured it out later. But when they came out with bounty hunt I died laughing.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well, most recently I was pasting my usual spam message in the cross team chat at the start of the battle. Or... so I thought, I had forgotten I had placed something else on the clip board between battles and...

image.jpeg.231c682b367bb42a3b0fcaa470837322.jpeg

Been there done that, and I still do sometimes, but I've learned to check.

3 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

1Well, I'm a life-long noob, so I reserve the right to keep doing embarrassing stuff. Most recently, two days ago2, I went into a Teams video conference meeting for work. Several people there, including my boss and an external consultant. I began talking to be interrupted by a Dr. someone. "Sorry, who are you?" he said. Huh? I looked up at the participants list of Profs. and Drs, to find myself entered as "DevStrike". I still don't know how that happened, or who's to blame...

1Not in-game, but the OP did leave room for interpretation...

2Yeah, it was Friday, see?

There was a news story about a guy that had to go to court for something he did. It was during covid lockdown and everything was done via Zoom. 
So, he logs on and all the other defendants started snickering. The judge got mad as hell. What he didn't know was that his little sister had changed his name to display as "Mega-@ZZ F*cker" and he couldn't change it. The judge actually read it out loud to the guy. and the look on this guy's face was priceless. 

• Haha 5

Back when team damage was a still a thing, I sailed into a cap with an island in the middle of it. I was in binocular mode but figured I'd stop when I hit the island. Sure enough, I ran into something and stopped, then proceeded to give the enemy ship I was targeting a real plastering. However, for some reason I was not hitting it, though I fired shot after shot.

At the same time, I was being hit, time and again, but each shell hit was doing little damage. I then happened to glance at the chat to find everyone on both teams cracking up. It seems that I had pulled in beside another allied ship that I couldn't see in binocular mode and was trying to fire through him, while he was trying to fire through me at the same time.

• Haha 5

I'd gone forth to do battle with the bots, as is my wont, but the ship behind me played TERRIBLY! It was only we two on the flank and the support I got from my team mate was truly woeful.

And so, for the first time, I decided that someone needed to lose some karma. I was gonna downvote this guy and that would teach him to suck!

So I brought up the post battle screen, and couldn't figure out WHY it wouldn't let me give this guy's karma the kicking it so richly deserved ... until I looked at his name and realised he was a bot! facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I'd gone forth to do battle with the bots, as is my wont, but the ship behind me played TERRIBLY! It was only we two on the flank and the support I got from my team mate was truly woeful.

And so, for the first time, I decided that someone needed to lose some karma. I was gonna downvote this guy and that would teach him to suck!

So I brought up the post battle screen, and couldn't figure out WHY it wouldn't let me give this guy's karma the kicking it so richly deserved ... until I looked at his name and realised he was a bot! facepalmsmiley.gif.dc696cfbf23e3f4aab9dce896eba2993.gif

You are not alone.👽

I was in Operation: “The Ultimate Frontier.”
We were at the “Defend the Repair Base from the Task Force Whiskey” phase.
There was a boat that had its DP almost gone and was in dire need to get to the repair circle. But it just blew right past the repair circle. I was pissed! I kept typing the (ship name(?) I can’t remember, but I kept typing to them what the “Green Circle was, (maybe they didn’t know?) and how they desperately needed to get in it. I was incensed! LOL. I think I typed that up two or three times when finally someone typed back and said... “Malume, that’s a Bot”.
😳 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Malum0ne said:

Tell us something embarrassing you did as a noob, that you look back on now and have a good laugh.

I’ll go first: The first time I ever saw a “Pink Boat”, I started shooting at it...lol
And I shot so many times before my teammates started yelling at me to stop.

Team: “Dude, what are you doing!? 🤬
Me: “I’m shooting that Pink Boat, but not making a dent on it.”   🤷‍♂️

Team: “Dude, that guy is on our team! That’s a teammate, STOP SHOOTING AT IT! 😡
Me: “Oh... OH! 🧐 Oh yeah, I knew that..." 🙄 😎

In some games, once a person goes Orange or Pink in our game, team killers become the enemy and you can sink or blow them up and be rewarded !!!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Malum0ne said:

You are not alone.👽

I was in Operation: “The Ultimate Frontier.”
We were at the “Defend the Repair Base from the Task Force Whiskey” phase.
There was a boat that had its DP almost gone and was in dire need to get to the repair circle. But it just blew right past the repair circle. I was pissed! I kept typing the (ship name(?) I can’t remember, but I kept typing to them what the “Green Circle was, (maybe they didn’t know?) and how they desperately needed to get in it. I was incensed! LOL. I think I typed that up two or three times when finally someone typed back and said... “Malume, that’s a Bot”.
😳 🤦‍♂️

For me, it was the Aoba (that was the 'Bot ship) which I was typing my chat messages to.
We had a few chuckles in that match.

• Like 1