Crash dive...

xamdam

I'm struggling to play more than a couple games. Same old rinse and repeat and nothing but popups / news in my port about all the latest greatest content / influencers / youtubers. None of which interests me...

This luck of the Irish mission chain. Final reward "100 doubloons". Wow! Just what exactly can I do with 100 doubloons? 

Nothing in the "battle pass" (or whatever it's called this patch) I want.

Long queues for Ops with.... "those teams".

Guess I'm going to go back to gardening and cleaning out the garage for a while. Then there's the downspouts that need cleaning. Some car maintenance. Lots of stuff to do now that spring is (almost) here. 

Didn't I see something about WV '44 in the battle pass mission chain? Or is that next patch? Or something else extremely grindy? Man, it's hard to stay even slightly positive these days.

Maybe back after a while. Need some time off.

Edited by xamdam
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, xamdam said:

I'm struggling to play more than a couple games. Same old rinse and repeat and nothing but popups / news in my port about all the latest greatest content / influencers / youtubers. None of which interests me...

This luck of the Irish mission chain. Final reward "100 doubloons". Wow! Just what exactly can I do with 100 doubloons? 

Guess I'm going to go back to gardening and cleaning out the garage for a while. Then there's the downspouts that need cleaning. Some car maintenance. Lots of stuff to do now that spring is (almost) here. 

Didn't I see something about WV '44 in the battle pass mission chain? Or is that next patch? Or something else extremely grindy? Man, it's hard to stay even slightly positive these days.

The battle pass has been getting worse and less worth the effort. The first one was great; it was their bait to get us hooked. Then the second one was a bit less tempting but was used to reel us in, and after that, they have gone downhill fast. I liked the three-tier set-up with the daily and weekly missions much more than this two-tier grindfest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xamdam said:

Wisconsin is in the dockyard starting next patch, with WV’44 being awarded partway through.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3LUE said:

The battle pass has been getting worse and less worth the effort. The first one was great; it was their bait to get us hooked. Then the second one was a bit less tempting but was used to reel us in, and after that, they have gone downhill fast. I liked the three-tier set-up with the daily and weekly missions much more than this two-tier grindfest. 

There are many of us who agree with you. Especially those of us who have been around awhile. There is not much that they are offering in the BP that we need or want. The first few BPs were much better for those of us who have been here for years. I stopped spending money on the BP when they went to the two-tier BP. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xamdam said:

It's ok to stop.

If the game isn't bringing you joy with your amusement time, then do something that does.

It's healthy to take breaks and do other amusements. Feel free to do so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Believe me, I and others understand you.  I manage to log in and play a few games every day, but there are a number of factors that have left me unable to muster the joy I felt back when I would spend hours fighting desperate battles against incredible odds.

I find taking time to play other games and do other activities helps recharge the old engines and load the cannon.  WOWS isn't all there is, and taking time to keep ourselves balanced in our lives keeps our gameplay from dying completely.

• Like 1

I believe you because I play a few games in the AM and then, at night in Ops with a division of friends egging each other on.... 

Heck, I was "ditch digging" a soft soil creek dam on our Woods Walk range that has run off backed way up.  With a shovel.  One handed (entrenching tool really) because, I had to "get the mad" out........then, I called for a backhoe....

See, there's a way to avoid this game:  dig a ditch - just because......it's therapeutic -------and, ow !  Freaking stupid too.......

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Wisconsin is in the dockyard starting next patch, with WV’44 being awarded partway through.

Ah, thanks. I guess I'll wait for that.