I like this new calendar thing

SunkCostFallacy

I searched, but didn't find discussion on this ... if I missed it, Mea Culpa.

I went into news today and found this calendar and was VERY pleased. WG got something right!

shot-24_03.16_14_33.19-0871.thumb.jpg.7ba7ef23ae3d32bd986c9903721cc8b0.jpg

It helps ensure that you won't miss a mission because the in-game browser didn't want to work (which I get fairly regularly) or you just missed a details in an article because SWMBO1 decided that it was necessary to discuss something right now!

1. She Who Must Be Obeyed ... aka your wife/girlfriend/mother. There is no HWMBO because that would be patriarchy! Horrorsmiley.gif.318b34e20d9da7d454c8f23b38d7ff39.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You need to click on the calendar entries to unlock some hidden missions. Very clever ... WG .. very clever .. 🤑

Edited by BlueMax1916
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not a good design. It is unnecessarily complicated, particularly from a user's point of view. StatsBloke—who I find to be a consistent defender of Wargaming—said it best:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertInventiveNightingaleSSSsss-gjkBV1ZBNVC3Fo_v?tt_content=url&tt_medium=clips_api

"That is really, really stupid. Can someone 'clip' this so that I can submit this f*cking feedback? Include the f*cks, please."

😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

It helps ensure that you won't miss a mission because the in-game browser didn't want to work (which I get fairly regularly) or you just missed a details in an article because SWMBO1 decided that it was necessary to discuss something right now!

It also lets you opt-in in advance to missions that haven’t started yet.

8 hours ago, BlueMax1916 said:

You need to click on the calendar entries to unlock some hidden missions. Very clever ... WG .. very clever .. 🤑

Thanks for the heads-up on this - I'd entirely missed this aspect.

Salute.gif.aafc32310bb5012f9701cdd141377b22.gif

Just now, Verblonde said:

Thanks for the heads-up on this - I'd entirely missed this aspect.

Salute.gif.aafc32310bb5012f9701cdd141377b22.gif

...and that is precisely the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, Captain_Rawhide said:

...and that is precisely the problem.

Indubitably. If WG want people to read their marketing horlicks, and are - essentially - trying to motivate us to do same, it would be a good idea to perhaps *tell us*!

(They probably have somewhere, but I missed it...)

The dumb thing about this is that the first mission began two days before the article was posted.

Maybe I'm wrong on the timing, but this is what it looks like to me.

Post 4b.jpg

Stats Bloke hitting the nail on the head, stunningly bad design.

If I don't see the glitch that shows mission within the page before everything loads up, I wouldn't aware of redeeming those mission.

So for me this is a bad design. I rather prefer mission are pre-loaded instead.

To me this calandar seems pretty straightforward. From the text of the article (emphasis mine).

“Captain!

In this article, you'll find all the latest intel about the battle types and combat missions of Update 13.2. Arming yourself with all the essential info will make navigating the waters ahead a little easier. The calendar below will give you an overview of the what, where, and when. It’s interactive—click on the blocks with combat mission names to get detailed descriptions: dates, conditions, rewards etc.

Attention: Some missions are available via buttons in the descriptions.”

I appreciate having the all the mission information in one place and being able to opt-in for missions in advance. I no longer have to hunt through multiple articles to ensure I don’t miss anything.

• Like 1