PSA: Bug w/ 2nd Flag on US CV's

Lord_Slayer

For those that have unlocked Essex:  are you able to mount a second flag? (if you have unlocked that ability)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

For those that have unlocked Essex:  are you able to mount a second flag? (if you have unlocked that ability)

I can mount two flags on my other USN CV's (Ranger, Lexington, Midway, Saipan). 
But for unknown reasons, I can only mount one flag on my Independence and my Yorktown.
I don't have the Essex, yet.

• Like 1

Must be a bug. I can mount two flags on most of my CVs, including the Independence, but not on the Midway or the Yorktown. I got a "Transaction processing error" message the first time I tried to mount a second flag on the Yorktown.

Edited by Snargfargle

The two flags I had mounted on Yorktown before the update are still visible, but I am unable to mount a second flag on Independence.

Definitely a bug, and WG is aware of it and has passed it up the chain. For some reason, the main battery sub section of the US cruisers collection (which used to give the second flag) is now giving a second camo color instead (which was already given by the combat ratings section).

If you mounted two flags on any of your carriers before the update, they’re still there. But you can’t mount more than one now, and if you demount your second you won’t be able to put it back. 

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Yep I can mount only one flag

Per the title there is a bug and mounting a 2nd flag on US CV's that arrived with this update (or it was noticed this update anyway).

Apparently, the 3rd section of the American Cruisers Collection, which previously allowed for the mounting of a 2nd flag, got changed to a 2nd camo color scheme (giving it 2 sections that do this now - other is section 7). So you no longer can mount a 2nd flag to US CV's if you have the collection done.

Of note, if you had a 2nd flag mounted prior to this update (or whenever this issue happened) it will still be there mounted on the CV. However, you can't change out the 2nd flag for a different one (it will default to only 1 allowed if you try) and you can't add a 2nd for a CV that didn't already have a 2nd mounted.

Just FYI.

spacer.png

spacer.png

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what kind of a brilliant pasta chef Wargaming hired to produce this little gem of spaghetti coding.

• Haha 2

Any word on when, or if, this will be fixed?

10 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Any word on when, or if, this will be fixed?

None that I have seen

• Admiral_Karasu changed the title to PSA: Bug w/ 2nd Flag on US CV's
15 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

How many topics are we going to devote to this?
Edit:  @Admiral_Karasu @HogHammer

Thanks, @Wolfswetpaws. Currently this one only (at least so I hope...). @AdmiralThunder's PSA title was more descriptive so we go with that.

Threads merged.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Thanks, @Wolfswetpaws. Currently this one only (at least so I hope...). @AdmiralThunder's PSA title was more descriptive so we go with that.

Threads merged.

I had no idea that other thread was about this same issue. The title made no indication as such. My apologies. Was just trying to help folks out.

• Thanks 2

LOL!!

Hobart.png

Well ya lose some..... ya gain some .  Apparently I can mount 2 flags on my Commonwealth cruisers 🙂. Thnx Wedgie  14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

Btw Matilda is hillarious....

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

LOL!!

Hobart.png

Well ya lose some..... ya gain some .  Apparently I can mount 2 flags on my Commonwealth cruisers 🙂. Thnx Wedgie  14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

Btw Matilda is hillarious....

That's not two flags...

That's just one and the national flag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Andrewbassg Sorry to tell you but this was possible previously as well. I have had two flags on my Perth for ages already.

image.png.2729adb659a859e39a55948b67b428bb.png

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@Andrewbassg Sorry to tell you but this was possible previously as well. I have had two flags on my Perth for ages already.

image.png.2729adb659a859e39a55948b67b428bb.png

Fiddlesticks..... you are right. Looked up my Perth and yes there she is....

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

That's not two flags...

That's just one and the national flag.

53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif Good one D.A.C. You remembered me being a pirate......

• Like 1