Free Equipment Upgrade Demounts 13 Mar 2024 (It's over, folks!)

Taylor3006

Just a reminder that you can demount equipment upgrades right now and it goes for one week. I just ran thru and removed a bunch from ships I never use any more (low tier premiums) and stuff I am done grinding. All that extra stuff placed in Inventory will save you a metric butt ton of credits later down the road. 

With the ability to blow snowflakes off multiple ships without having to play each and every one, it is a good idea to remove the upgrades from ships you do not enjoy playing or are unlikely to play and focus putting those upgrades on stuff you do enjoy.  My strategy is to remove all equipment from tech tree DDs, CVs, BBs, and focus solely on putting gear on my cruisers since I enjoy them as a group. My premium ships have of all types have gear mounted and pretty much only use those for day to day play. The only tech tree non cruisers I have equipment mounted on are those I am slowly grinding when ever I farm some free premium time.  Also high tier cruisers that only get played for snowflake events, only get the first few bits of equipment, never mount anything that costs over a half million credits. They function just fine without the upgrades and since they get used so little, it is nothing more than a credit sink. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 13

Can’t wait to remove some tomorrow. 

@Taylor3006Thanks a lot for the heads-up! I would absolutely have missed that. A huge help in equipping newer ships and building up the fleet. I think this should have more visibility for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• I_cant_Swim_ featured this topic

Hmmm, it doesn't appear to be free for me. When I tried to remove some they all said "sell for xxxx credits". Maybe not a week?

1 hour ago, xamdam said:

Hmmm, it doesn't appear to be free for me. When I tried to remove some they all said "sell for xxxx credits". Maybe not a week?

Well that is selling, removal is different. Just checked to make sure and it is still free.

Click on the ship, then "equipment" then click on the stuff you want to demount. You should see a little check mark by whatever is mounted.  When you hover over over that check mark, it changes to an "x". Click on the X and you should get the message "demount for 0 doubloons?". Select "yes" and you are done. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well that is selling, removal is different. Just checked to make sure and it is still free.

Click on the ship, then "equipment" then click on the stuff you want to demount. You should see a little check mark by whatever is mounted.  When you hover over over that check mark, it changes to an "x". Click on the X and you should get the message "demount for 0 doubloons?". Select "yes" and you are done. 

Okay, thanks. I found the issue... You need to select the doubloons option... Flambass or PQ (can't remember) brought this up before. It's just a bit risky because if you don't set it back to "sell for credits" later, your default will still be doubloons. Just a FYI. Why they couldn't just make it possible with both options...

• Like 2

I must be in another Space and Time Its March 22nd and Its costing 25 doubloons 

2 hours ago, Jr_Token said:

I must be in another Space and Time Its March 22nd and Its costing 25 doubloons 

It was available for one week at the time I wrote the post on 13 March. It is now the 22nd of March...... 

• Admiral_Karasu changed the title to Free Equipment Upgrade Demounts 13 Mar 2024 (It's over, folks!)

I can see why there was confusion. Edited the topic headline and locking the thread.

• Admiral_Karasu locked this topic
  • I_cant_Swim_ unfeatured this topic