Operations question

durconnell

A friend of mine was playing operation Narai with me. He was playing in an Asturias and was hit once with one main battery AP shell by the bot Missouri for 14,445 odd damage. He did not detonate. The stock Missouri only does 13,500 damage. How did this happen?

I am familiar with Wargaming adjusting the hitpoints of bots to compensate for various play tier levels (if you are all tier 8, you can see a 90,000 plus hit point Missouri in Narai or a 105,000+ hit point Yamato or Musashi in Naval StationNewport, for example), but I had not seen the bot's damage output adjusted. It looks like the Missouri in this game was operating with something like the super heavy AP shell Captain's skill.

• Like 5

I think it's fairly clear by now that the bots in operations have been beefed right up. It's not just more hit points. Their aim is perfect, their rng is next level, they always start a fire and always get full penetration (the he spamming cruisers especially). Aegis for example feels like they have ifhe and enhanced fire starting abilities.

Narai - that Missouri one shot deletes cruisers all the time. If she targets you, better hope you can go undetected long enough for her to select another victim.

• Like 6

Agree with everything above. 

It makes my blood boil when I get hit for full pens when I’m angled, and I watch my shells preform a perfect bracket on either side of a target in return. 

Edited by DoW_
  • Like 1

The Missouri is big trouble for any cruiser that is planning to move to intercept the CV. You can't really afford to lose HP's on that journey.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information. I too have been one salvoed by that Missouri. I was just trying to figure out how a single hit could do more damage than the Missouri's AP is supposed to be able to do. The only way I can reconcile it is if the bot has the super heavy AP shell captains skill.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 9:52 AM, Admiral_Karasu said:

The Missouri is big trouble for any cruiser that is planning to move to intercept the CV. You can't really afford to lose HP's on that journey.

I cuddle up to the rock at C6 to avoid getting deleted, but you have to be careful and not stray far from it or you may get one-shot by Little Trouble.

On 3/21/2024 at 7:26 PM, durconnell said:

Thanks for the information. I too have been one salvoed by that Missouri. I was just trying to figure out how a single hit could do more damage than the Missouri's AP is supposed to be able to do. The only way I can reconcile it is if the bot has the super heavy AP shell captains skill.

Missouri with Superheavy AP Shells would have +7.5% damage, so 13,500 damage becomes 14,513.
Operations bots have been using captain skills and flags for at least 6 years.
This screenshot is from Narai around May of 2018.

aCKGnBy.jpeg

• Like 2

On 3/13/2024 at 10:43 AM, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

"... they always start a fire ..."

Which is why I've changed my Captain's Skill builds to include Fire Prevention when feasible on my ships.

• Like 1

There's a reason why that bot has been named Little Trouble. 😄

On 3/13/2024 at 9:52 AM, durconnell said:

It looks like the Missouri in this game was operating with something like the super heavy AP shell Captain's skill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Which is why I've changed my Captain's Skill builds to include Fire Prevention when feasible on my ships.

Wait, you mean just the BB's surely, don't you?

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Wait, you mean just the BB's surely, don't you?

Hence the "when feasible" portion of the sentence that I wrote.  😉 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Hence the "when feasible" portion of the sentence that I wrote.  😉 

You're a tricky one aren't you?

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

You're a tricky one aren't you?

It's not like I was trying to trick you.

I'm reminded, once again, of how "reading is fundamental".  🙂 
Though, sometimes things get lost in translation, eh?  🙂 
https://www.rif.org/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It's not like I was trying to trick you.

I'm reminded, once again, of how "reading is fundamental".  🙂 
Though, sometimes things get lost in translation, eh?  🙂 
https://www.rif.org/

Wasn't trying to say you tricked me, sorry if it sounded like that. Just thought you had a little convoluted way of saying it. Got me thinking had I missed something about Fire Prevention.

I think the almost generally universal advice is that FP is a must on all BB's. Wish I had on other ships as well, and I wish I could use some of other ship's captain skills on BB's too. That's how it used to be before WG kindly screwed up the captain skills for me.

• Like 1