Meanwhile in Russia..........

Andrewbassg

TLDW ( tho I highly recommend)

-No more destruction of modules  sec/Aa guns, torp tubes, main guns

-Cv s will burn (no more  super DCP ?) fire duration and damage will be similar to BB's 

-Concealment penalty of ships for firing main guns ( i.e the bloom) for planes removed. 

-Smoke firing penalty standardised across tiers and classes

-Being on fire doesn't effect concealment anymore

-Bad BB ASW  ranges extended

-Sec gun ranges will be standardized across classes, but still will vary with tier and nation except ships with non standard ranges( i.e extra) . Subs loose sec guns as well dd's (AA only) . Cv's get longer sec.

-Alt fire modes will change.

These are just the balance changes, there are other highly interesting changes/additions ( graphics, animations, maps, game modes, events) recommend watching.

PERMANENT(!!!) Dockyard which will drop a premium, in bad shape, which will be repaired to a functional state  via  grind ( how cool is that!!)

Oh.....Kittykami will be free ( grind, NOT resources!!)

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Bored 2

The question is if any of these ideas will be transfer over to the NA/EU/SEA servers? This is like an almost retro reverse prior to CV rework.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

-Cv s will burn (no more  super DCP ?) fire duration and damage will be similar to BB's 

-Concealment penalty of ships for firing main guns ( i.e the bloom) for planes removed. 

-Sec gun ranges will be standardized across classes, but still will vary with tier and nation except ships with non standard ranges( i.e extra) . Subs loose sec guns as well dd's (AA only) . Cv's get longer sec.

These are just the balance changes, there are other highly interesting changes/additions ( graphics, animations, maps, game modes, events) recommend watching.

PERMANENT(!!!) Dockyard which will drop a premium, in bad shape, which will be repaired to a functional state  via  grind ( how cool is that!!)

These changes in the Russian game make me jealous!

But, I do not think that WoWS will implement them, because WoWS is lazy and just focussed on doing the bare minimum to extract the most money they can out of their player base.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

The question is if any of these ideas will be transfer over to the NA/EU/SEA servers? This is like an almost retro reverse prior to CV rework.

Looks to go beyond that in part.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Nah comrade......they just nerbuffed subs ,soo....

• Like 3

On one hand, CVs being able to burn and not being able to lose AA/secondaries is awesome, WG take notes. So is the perma dockayrd, and the spotting changes, actually for once RU isn't a double edged sword and everything here I wish WG would look at.

• Like 2

I tried starting an account in RU server (before the Slavic dustup) & I could never get any internet link up &, ofc, all the registration was in cyrillic 😏.

4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I tried starting an account in RU server (before the Slavic dustup) & I could never get any internet link up &, ofc, all the registration was in cyrillic 😏.

Who knows? They may feel they are on to something and try to attract players from outside of Russia by opening servers in India and Turkey.

Those two countries are not involved with the sanctions.

12 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

-Sec gun ranges will be standardized across classes, but still will vary with tier and nation except ships with non standard ranges( i.e extra) . 

All the other stuff sounds good, but these two will either be good or bad. Will have to see how they are done. 

Edited by SeaQuest
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, SeaQuest said:

All the other stuff sounds good, but these two will either be good or bad. Will have to see how they are done. 

Don't forget the ugly!

• Haha 2

If WG staff is smart they may probably watch the result on the CIS server and consider doing it over here, but they may not because CIS server is different game now. MK and WOWS will have to differentiate somehow...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, a252 said:

If WG staff is smart they may probably watch the result on the CIS server and consider doing it over here, but they may not because CIS server is different game now. MK and WOWS will have to differentiate somehow...

There may exist legal constraints barring WG and Lesta from directly copying each other's balance changes. Some changes have been followed though, like the long-awaited Veneto, Lepanto and Colombo buffs. And it seems that some have somehow managed to sneak in, like a bug fix for Huanghe's torpedo tubes (now both wide and default narrow is available).

Lesta has been differentiating their events since at least early 2023 with things like an event commander in honor of the International Women's Day; V-E Day celebrations; ornament in honor of Maslenitsa, Russian National Unity Day, National Day of Belarus, Russo-Japanese War; collaboration with the Mosfilm movie studio and Russian rock band ARIA...to the point that they have stated that the entire first half of 2024 will be dedicated to a series of Soviet-themed events: Severomorsk dockyard, alternative Soviet battlecruisers (official version), retro-futuristic themed Cosmonautics Day event and Project 21 Lenin's temporary return to sale during V-E Day celebrations 2024.

There still seems to exist some sort of correspondence regarding tiers and types of announced new ships between Lesta and WG...

image.jpeg.fc3a54d34e81c0210a338116c79cee77.jpeg

Strong correspondence in green, some correspondence in yellow and unique addition in orange.

My personal stance is that I envy yet I'm not expecting WG to rapidly follow the proposals, if they will follow at all. If I am the WG decision maker it's natural to concentrate the efforts on developing new ships (like the Cassard branch days before) regarding the capabilities of the nascent new art team and what new things players would prefer (new branches to prove that we are still actively developing the game) given that currently Belgrade studio is a shadow of the original St. Petersburg one.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

There may exist legal constraints barring WG and Lesta from directly copying each other's balance changes. Some changes have been followed though, like the long-awaited Veneto, Lepanto and Colombo buffs. And it seems that some have somehow managed to sneak in, like a bug fix for Huanghe's torpedo tubes (now both wide and default narrow is available).

The balance changes you mention are just that, balance changes, and are (at least arguably) based on empirical evidence (the infamous spreadsheet). I wouldn’t expect there to be any legal concerns regarding those because in the unlikely event of a lawsuit WG can simply point to the numbers as justification. The type of wide-ranging mechanic reworks Lesta is advertising are a whole other kettle of fish.

In regards to the changes to MK - I’m skeptical that they will actually solve any real problems without just introducing new ones.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

In regards to the changes to MK - I’m skeptical that they will actually solve any real problems without just introducing new ones.

I've just come across two counter-argument on Lesta's proposed balance changes in Chinese WoWS community.

-Changing CV DCP into regular ones seems to be overdone. This will make permafire DoT the most effective tactic against CVs and in turn make CVs that are most effective in this type of attack like Immelman (to directly snipe opponents by rapidly stacking DoT) too popular.

-Massive smoke-firing penalty is part of balance measure against Italian ships at least originally, and an one-size-fits-all simplification may make them, already advantageous, even stronger and require further balance changes to compensate it. Not to say the fact that cruisers are so diverse.

Edited by Project45_Opytny

11 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The balance changes you mention are just that, balance changes, and are (at least arguably) based on empirical evidence (the infamous spreadsheet). I wouldn’t expect there to be any legal concerns regarding those because in the unlikely event of a lawsuit WG can simply point to the numbers as justification. The type of wide-ranging mechanic reworks Lesta is advertising are a whole other kettle of fish.

We'll have to wait to see what the impact of the changes in MK is.

But your post did make me think of something ... I wonder if WG is actually able to make changes of that magnitude.

Before anyone assumes I'm putting the boot into WG (which I have been known to do from time to time smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif) ... this isn't that.

Have WG been able to hire sufficient dev talent to make major changes to WoWS? We know that they can create 'new' ships (although cut&paste seems to be more the rule),  they seem to be able to change (buff/nerf etc) existing ships, create events, and all that sort of thing.

But do they have ENOUGH people who are able to do that kind of work to make really major changes?

We can't know if they've been able to hire sufficient devs who can read/speak Russian (which I believe the code and documentation is in) ... but I suspect that they found it an uphill task.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

With a few exceptions there is so many great changes in Russia. Is it possible to move youre account there? Maybe they will copy pasta youre port there just to get player numbers up....?!

A grindable Kitakami instead of blocked behind a ridiculous unicum paywall ...... YES PLEASE! ! ! 

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

With a few exceptions there is so many great changes in Russia. Is it possible to move youre account there? Maybe they will copy pasta youre port there just to get player numbers up....?!

The closest things are special invite codes (I'm not sure about if the "Superstart" offers are still available currently) and a claim that, if you have a WoWS CIS realm account before, you can try contacting their customer service, claiming that you missed the select-transfer offer back in 2022, want to continue to play in MK and would like to claim some "initial funding" as compensation (and the customer service personnel may grant you an exclusive combat mission chain).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

"Don't look for it, Taylor!  You may not like what you find." - Dr. Zayus, Planet of the Apes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

"Don't look for it, Taylor!  You may not like what you find." - Dr. Zayus, Planet of the Apes.

Tut tut, you didn't provide the necessary clue, so I took the liberty of doing it for you.

image.jpeg.e560629b46f0a117d2150d4e76cb9b09.jpeg

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Tut tut, you didn't provide the necessary clue, so I took the liberty of doing it for you.

image.jpeg.e560629b46f0a117d2150d4e76cb9b09.jpeg

Since the whole idea was to keep from getting to the point where Taylor finds the New York Port with the remnants of Lesta's changes adapted by WOWS, I thought it kinder to not jinx it by spoiling the ending of WOWS for those who haven't seen it yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

giphy.gif

The gun-bloom and plane interaction wasn't initially clear, for me.  Are you saying that main-gun "bloom" will exclude flying planes from the "bloom" range, but the planes will still be able to see a ship within its normal aerial detection range?

17 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Seems like an act of either desperation (to increase the player population) or an attempt at consistency or simplification for a majority of ship types.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

-Changing CV DCP into regular ones seems to be overdone. This will make permafire DoT the most effective tactic against CVs and in turn make CVs that are most effective in this type of attack like Immelman (to directly snipe opponents by rapidly stacking DoT) too popular.

Nobody questions that Wedgie painted itself into a corner. But that started with the botched Cv rework, the single biggest mistake they've ever done. And they've done a crapton of those.

Instead of going full in and making the class "just another class, which deals damage by planes" which would have made possible even 2 Cv;s per side, they've also wanted to retain their "tsar bomb" "Big Daddy" appeal . And now the pay is due. 

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:
5 hours ago, SeaQuest said:

Don't forget the ugly!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3