Weekend Spree - 8 to 10 March 2024

Ensign Cthulhu

My daughter had a big dance competition in a town that required some travelling to; so although I brought my laptop on the road, only the most minimal amount of WOWS got played. Fortunately, the hotel's free WiFi was up to the challenge and then some, and more importantly, Little Miss Tentacle Monster and her team danced their way into the judge's heart. 

Teenage girl Cthulhu in ballet tutu dancing on stage in front of a cheering audience

(Image by permission of dance competition staff. 😛)

• Like 6

I relate Weekend Spree to Naval Battles. Well, this weekend, not so good. Two EU clans as opponents, lost to both. My EU clan put up a decent fight , just not enough clannies participated. In NA, no one but me played so we got soundly spanked. Oh well, win some & lose some.

Wasn't feeling all that well.  So, I managed to play Naval Battles and Operations.  That was the extent of my fun this weekend.

I've been sick for the past 4 days (nasal congestion, mild aches and occasional mild sore throat from post-nasal drip).

I've been playing WOWs, playing Star Trek Online and eating spicy General Tso's chicken in the hope that it will help the medicine clear my sinuses and provide the nutrients needed by my immune system.

Today, I was feeling good enough to finish a project that has been languishing while I thought about a problem I encountered during its construction.
It is a Ferret-tube Frame.
Our Ferrets enjoy crawling through flexible accordion-style plastic tubes. 
The idea is to weave the tubes through the frame to create new configurations of a 'maze' for the ferrets to enjoy.

The project became stalled when the PVC pipes that I was using were difficult to insert into the T-junction and elbow junction connectors I was using.
Today I solved the tight fit problem by using a hole-cutting drill-bit to shave the outside diameter of the CPVC pipe.
Once that was done, the pipes would fit into the T-joints and Elbow-joints with ease and the hot-glue I was using could fill the sloppy fit so that it was sealed and tight.

image_2024-03-11_203050443.thumb.png.36cd9a73d326b849a9d4229aa2074be9.png  

While I was doing that, my wife's delivery of a large exercise-wheel (intended for Ferrets) arrived via Amazon-dot-com's delivery truck.
She assembled it in a few hours and with minimal cussing.
The Ferrets were helping her with their supervisory expertise and curious natures.
Here's a photo of the exercise wheel after she finished assembling it.  

image_2024-03-11_204556645.thumb.png.e5d1611c6783d71d9a2201c0a2396044.png 

In the bottom right are two of our Ferrets, named Loki and Thor.

• Like 4

Here's my former cat, now my sister's cat. She showed up as a kitten, chasing and eating grasshoppers in my parents' back yard. She was about as scruffy-looking of a kitten as you every did see so I named her Scruffy. I gave her a flea bath and she nearly tore my arms to shreds during the process. She eventually calmed down but she'd been on her own too long to become fully socialized and was always a something of a scratchy-biter. She was quite the helpy help cat though and was always "helping" you with whatever you were doing.

I "inherited" her for the two years it took me to wangle a deal to buy my parents' property from my siblings and then convinced my sister to take her. My sister has a horse barn that her old cat liked to play in and her dogs had seen Scruffy several times and knew her so I figured she would feel right at home at her place. Scruffy looks exactly like my sister's old cat that died recently too.

IMG-0673-316.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

In the bottom right are two of our Ferrets, named Loki and Thor.

Good home built project. Do your 'varmints' bare toe bite? 😁

Edited by Aethervox

52 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Good home built project. Do your 'varmints' bare toe bite? 😁

Thanks.
They're "Mustelids" not "varmints".  😉
They have been known to take interest in toes, on occasion.
Initially they'd bite, but eventually learned that human skin is more easily pierced than Ferret fur & skin, and have become more gentle.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

and eating spicy General Tso's chicken in the hope that it will help the medicine clear my sinuses

You need sushi with really good, high-quality Japanese wasabi for that. If you get the right kind, one taste will prove to you that Japan has nuclear weapons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1