Using the map to your advantage ---- even the border

kriegerfaust

I was in My Anhalt a great gunship and pulling to the right of the map when i came into two enemy battleships.  I could have turned left or kept going right, you know my choice.  I hit the border of the map and slid full 90 degrees giving the enemy my full broadside.  I launched one torpedo and kept firing my primaries as my secondaries blaze away.  The enemy advances on me and i get a torpedo hit one enemy ship down as i blow a full broadside... right into the ocean.  But my glorious secondaries get another kill i come out two kills up both battleships by the end of the match i have just over a hundred thousand damage.  Have you ever used the map to your advantage in a strange or original way, than can you share it with us.

• Haha 1

Any good DD gunboat captain uses islands to throw cheeky shot around on the regular. Marceau is perfect for this.

• Like 1

I only do these sort of things, border or islandwise, by pure accident. Most of my accidents are not that fortuitous, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Used the map border today to pull the equivalent of a handbrake turn with my Hawkins...quick 180 in the blink of an eye.

Also fun to use the border to get planes to turn around faster as well...

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Used the map border today to pull the equivalent of a handbrake turn with my Hawkins...quick 180 in the blink of an eye.

Also fun to use the border to get planes to turn around faster as well...

I assume that handbrake move takes some measure of skill. It's also very easy to get badly stuck at the border, the straighter you run into the border the worse it can be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I assume that handbrake move takes some measure of skill. It's also very easy to get badly stuck at the border, the straighter you run into the border the worse it can be.

Nah, just a bit of practice. Hit the side wall at the right angle and it shoves the bow around...and if your rudder is already making the turn you want, you just continue the turn with a tiny bit less velocity.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Any good DD gunboat captain uses islands to throw cheeky shot around on the regular. Marceau is perfect for this.

American dds are perfect for this not french

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

American dds are perfect for this not french

Marceau does it well because the shell arcs are pox, unlike the other French DDs

13 minutes ago, Nautic_Hunt said:

Marceau does it well because the shell arcs are pox, unlike the other French DDs

What does pox mean?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, thornzero said:

What does pox mean?

Bad

Floaty shell arcs, the opposite of the other French DDs

• Like 1