Oh Boy... I just saw that I have Tianjin as 1st pick... I never even bothered to check...

Leo_Apollo11

HI all,

Oh Boy... I just saw that I have Tianjin as 1st pick... I never even bothered to check...

shot-24_03.08_13_17.27-0612.thumb.jpg.2bcba3e05f6c3b30b52285dd0f381b81.jpg

How is she?

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

How is she?

Okay-ish and definitely worth grabbing if she happens to cost you only 1000 doubloons that is even cheaper than "goldpainting" the original Riga.

Clone of Riga that has no access to radar, slightly better AA, worse rudder shift time, Riga's troll amidships casemate with even better deck that is completely immune to AP overmatch, regular cruiser dispersion, very slightly different ballistics (that is still railgun-like) and a Japanese-esque "dead eye spotter".

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Like 4

Hi all,

3 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Okay-ish and definitely worth grabbing if she happens to cost you only 1000 doubloons that is even cheaper than "goldpainting" the original Riga.

Clone of Riga that has no access to radar, slightly better AA, worse rudder shift time, Riga's troll amidships casemate with even better deck that is completely immune to AP overmatch, regular cruiser dispersion, very slightly different ballistics (that is still railgun-like) and a Japanese-esque "dead eye spotter".

Got her for 1.000 Doubloons... 1st pick...

Thanks for info!

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

How is she?

Who cares?  😄 
A Tier-9 premium "Pan-Asian special premium" ship for 1,000 doubloons = pull the trigger on that deal.  🙂 

Edited to add:  Congratulations on your new 
IX Tianjin  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

If it weren’t for snowflakes, in my mind, Riga would be a “sell this scow back to where she came from” boat.

So, reflexively, I view your list above as kind of “lipstick on a pig,” but I’m open-minded:

Convince someone who thinks the Riga is unbearable for free, that the list of tweaks you provided makes the Tianjin worth doubloons?

3 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

If it weren’t for snowflakes, in my mind, Riga would be a “sell this scow back to where she came from” boat.

So, reflexively, I view your list above as kind of “lipstick on a pig,” but I’m open-minded:

Convince someone who thinks the Riga is unbearable for free, that the list of tweaks you provided makes the Tianjin worth doubloons?

Tier-9 snowflakes, alone, make the deal worthwhile, in my opinion.  Everything else is "gravy" on top of the situation.  🙂 

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Tier-9 snowflakes, alone, make the deal worthwhile, in my opinion.  Everything else is "gravy" on top of the situation.  🙂 

I don’t know, that’s rather subjective. To me, seems like, on average, that it takes several flakes to offset 1000 doubloons. Steel flakes? Three ranked wins in a good ship is a few years’ worth of T9 flakes.

The rest that is icing on the cake to you, is the ship that I’m asking any one to convince me is better than the ship that was turd when it was free.

24 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

I don’t know, that’s rather subjective. To me, seems like, on average, that it takes several flakes to offset 1000 doubloons. Steel flakes? Three ranked wins in a good ship is a few years’ worth of T9 flakes.

The rest that is icing on the cake to you, is the ship that I’m asking any one to convince me is better than the ship that was turd when it was free.

The thing with snowflakes is you collect them all. 1 ship on it's own is not a lot of steel, 80 for Riga, but 50 T9 ships in port is 4000 steel. Seems worthwhile to me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

The thing with snowflakes is you collect them all. 1 ship on it's own is not a lot of steel, 80 for Riga, but 50 T9 ships in port is 4000 steel.

And Tianjin is one ship on its own.

14 minutes ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

Seems worthwhile to me.

Which means "subjective." Glad to see you agree with me.

1 hour ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

It is not required that we agree on everything.  I stated my position.  You stated yours.  We're free to go about our business and make our own choices.  🙂 

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It is not required that we agree on everything.

635715148908241472-german.jpg

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It is not required that we agree on everything.  I stated my position.  You stated yours.  We're free to go about our business and make our own choices.  🙂 

👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

635715148908241472-german.jpg

I’ll bet that guy had some choices made for him.

18 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

So, reflexively, I view your list above as kind of “lipstick on a pig,”

Well, I should have stressed "regular cruiser dispersion" first.

Researchable Soviet heavy cruisers (Tallinn to Novosibirsk) all have particular dispersion formulae that are extremely erratic (very inaccurate) beyond ~70% of their main battery ranges. If this (combined with her "good but still not good enough" AP penetration) is what has caused Riga to leave a poor impression on many, then Tianjin has this "feature" removed and can even make her guns more accurate at times at the cost of a "flashlamp radar" (that even with all available upgrades can only last ~20s). As the result she resembles also Moskva, that if you want to do so can be played as a brain-dead HE spammer with railgun ballistics, improved accuracy at times and arguably the best amidship plating that is vulnerable to only Shikishima/Incomparable/Satsuma (and any T9 facing these three are at great disadvantage at first place) among all T9 cruisers and opportunistically use AP on flat broadsides to farm cruiser broadsides and battleship casemates. And she retains researchable Soviet heavy cruisers' improved bounce and fuse characteristics.

She also has improved DCP with 10s action time and 40s reload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Well, I should have stressed "regular cruiser dispersion" first.

Researchable Soviet heavy cruisers (Tallinn to Novosibirsk) all have particular dispersion formulae that are extremely erratic (very inaccurate) beyond ~70% of their main battery ranges. If this (combined with her "good but still not good enough" AP penetration) is what has caused Riga to leave a poor impression on many, then Tianjin has this "feature" removed and can even make her guns more accurate at times at the cost of a "flashlamp radar" (that even with all available upgrades can only last ~20s). As the result she resembles also Moskva, that if you want to do so can be played as a brain-dead HE spammer with railgun ballistics, improved accuracy at times and arguably the best amidship plating that is vulnerable to only Shikishima/Incomparable/Satsuma (and any T9 facing these three are at great disadvantage at first place) among all T9 cruisers and opportunistically use AP on flat broadsides to farm cruiser broadsides and battleship casemates. And she retains researchable Soviet heavy cruisers' improved bounce and fuse characteristics.

She also has improved DCP with 10s action time and 40s reload.

Thanks for the amplification.