Wisconsin for the next upcoming dockyard! West Virginia'44 as Mid-Dockyard Reward.

Charon

A starter pack with 2 phases will be available for 3,200 doubloons according to the devblog so it seems to be a good change from 5,000 in previous dockyards. No official news on official compensation for those that have W.V 44 as well. 

Personally I'm pretty pumped for the dockyard, it will be running through 13.3 and 13.4. 

MrGPh9Y14Z25gUsUh4MdmODUncqlSXzXD6I4Owe4.jpgYh3nLPZJG6Q9SiTt4ipOaVmlgRJpVkawA7xhii3w.jpg

Source: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/517

Edited by Charon
  • Like 3

This will be the only dockyard Ive bothered to complete woohoo!

On, Wisconsin!

• Like 2

Do you really think this dockyard wont be ultra hard..

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

38 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I really hope not but I will be saving up on some boosters just in case. 

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I'm getting vibes of original Puerto Rico grind!

28 stages through missions, ONLY 2 stages need to be paid for.

This smells way too fishy to me.

I'm thinking we'll be seeing - 

Get 1 mil spotting damage.

Get 150,000 BXP

Etc, etc, etc

Edited by Capt_Kremenski
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

Get 150,000 BXP

Etc, etc, etc

Sounds plausible, as long as they don't make it too easy by setting the mission requirements that low. For instance, it would have to be 1 million spotting damage on a BB and so on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

For instance, it would have to be 1 million spotting damage on a BB and so on.

No, that's too much.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Capt_Kremenski said:

Get 150,000 BXP

Etc, etc, etc

I am suspicious as well of how hard the grind will be. I am optimistic but very suspicious LOL. 

tenor.gif?itemid=7897424

However, the good news is, we only have to buy 2 phases to get the ship, vs the usual 4-5, and the starter pack for those 2 phases is only 3200 Doubloons ($12.80 USD). So, if this is a real bear like the OG Puerto Rico dockyard it leaves room to actually spend some money to finish it (ie; buy a few phases to skip hard ones at the end) and not be out of whack as far as $$$ spent vs return value. 

• Like 2

Well probably can't have everything @AdmiralThunder I would expect the grind to be a little extra grindy since you can opt too pay less and still get the ships it seems. But we can always hope for the best of both worlds.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Well probably can't have everything @AdmiralThunder I would expect the grind to be a little extra grindy since you can opt too pay less and still get the ships it seems. But we can always hope for the best of both worlds.

I expect a major grind for it tbh. ONLY 30 stages and ONLY 2 phases that have to be bought (and for just 3200 Doubloons)??? What's the catch right? The catch is probably it will put the OG Puerto Rico dockyard to shame difficulty wise. 

It is always possible though WG is seeing disturbing trends in player #'s, games played, $$$ spent, etc... and is using an easy event for a popular ship to try and boost things on the holy spreadsheet.

We won't know until the mission details come out. All we can do is wait.....

Sweating Gif - GIFcen

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wisconsin is another Iowa class, albeit at Tier 10.  Maybe her semi-clone status is why it's cheaper.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The catch is probably it will put the OG Puerto Rico dockyard to shame difficulty wise. 

IMHO I don't think there will ever be another fiasco like the original PR dockyard. Of course I could be wrong but I really don't think so let's hope not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sounds plausible, as long as they don't make it too easy by setting the mission requirements that low. For instance, it would have to be 1 million spotting damage on a BB and so on.

my minesota is ready

shot-23_12.02_23_03.10-0601.thumb.jpg.f56afc83d8c423eabe67cdd0ab987070.jpg

Knowing WG the missions will likely require lots of blue and red boosters if someone want to do it in a reasonable timeframe. 

• Like 1

You know there will be some catch to WG being so "generous", especially if they are adding a free ship at stage 20.

Another red flag is how long they are making the Dockyard available for after the missions expire. Only get two updates to complete the missions, but leaving it available for so long is making me believe WG is hoping people will fork out doubloons since they won't be able to complete the missions.

Plus, WG is being way too cheerful in the Blog. That alone is a HUGE red flag.

Probably won't allow Asymmetric Battles count towards Dockyard missions like that one mission chain in the last Dockyard.

WG has pulled enough shady things in the past that I'm not even getting my hopes up for anything.

• Like 7

After receiving the Michelangelo after the last dockyard event, I took a breath and thought, "this is too much work for a game."  I like the Michelangelo and am glad to have it in my port, but I was getting very tired of the process and ended up taking a break from the game for a couple of weeks.  I am back, but playing less.    

I am ambivalent about the Wisconsin dockyard right now, and certainly not excited about it.  I might change my mind, of course, but a long grind will make the decision easier.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

After receiving the Michelangelo after the last dockyard event, I took a breath and thought, "this is too much work for a game."  I like the Michelangelo and am glad to have it in my port, but I was getting very tired of the process and ended up taking a break from the game for a couple of weeks.  I am back, but playing less.    

I am ambivalent about the Wisconsin dockyard right now, and certainly not excited about it.  I might change my mind, of course, but a long grind will make the decision easier.  

well the whole point of dockyard is to make people play more.

But game developers dont even think for a second that people grow tired of playing game like its some kind of work. And eventually people quit the game, nobody wants to play a game and to feel like its work and not fun.

Thats why I stopped playing world of warcraft after years. But in WoWs I really dont feel like I am missing out something if I dont grind dockyard or some other chain missions. So I play normally and if I do it , cool, if not , nothing lost.

People , enjoy the game , stop grinding the game.

• Like 4

If this grind is not too bad this will be the fist Dockyard I try to complete. Please Wargaming throw the player base a bone...

Edited by Schnitchelkid01_
  • Like 1

Dont know about you guys, but I ve stumbled upon announcement for USS Johnston…and ‘that’s all folks’ at least for me, a carrot that I am gonna be munchin’ on till end of days😉.

Whatever they do it gimmickwise, ll try to play it the Evans way, since that is the only way I like playing this rng fiesta after all. Diminishing returns statwise, of such an approach don’t bother me, since when it works its magnificent, usually it doesn’t 😁but it doesn’t mean I lost the will to try.

USS Johnston🤩, made me one happy non-camper, non chess/wows player.

The last ship I need (and the first one needed) in this- game😉.

WW 44 I ll pick up if I can, ciao a tutti-and to USS Wisconsin as well🥂

• Like 3

Cool! I hope it will come as predicted. I don't mind playing (and paying) for some really good rewards like WV 44 + Wisconsin plus steel, coal etc. Soon birthday and this will be a gift to myself. 

• Like 2

A T10 and a T7 BB for 3200 dubs? Oh that will be like PR original grind ^2 I think...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

A T10 and a T7 BB for 3200 dubs? Oh that will be like PR original grind ^2 I think...

You know, it's kind of funny how many of us old timers are suspicious about this, and I can't help wondering how many of us old timers too will fall for it ... unless our suspicions prove to be groundless, or rather grindless, and our mistrust misplaced, so far as you can say that.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

You know, it's kind of funny how many of us old timers are suspicious about this, and I can't help wondering how many of us old timers too will fall for it ... unless our suspicions prove to be groundless, or rather grindless, and our mistrust misplaced, so far as you can say that.

Not with me this time... I am playing D4 last couple of days and only come in for a few quick coops or if we play CB, TBH I am tired of endless grinds of pointless trash WG is shoveling down out throats in the game, also subs beeing stroger then ever doesnt really make me want to spend on this game...

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

You know there will be some catch to WG being so "generous", especially if they are adding a free ship at stage 20.

Another red flag is how long they are making the Dockyard available for after the missions expire. Only get two updates to complete the missions, but leaving it available for so long is making me believe WG is hoping people will fork out doubloons since they won't be able to complete the missions.

Plus, WG is being way too cheerful in the Blog. That alone is a HUGE red flag.

Probably won't allow Asymmetric Battles count towards Dockyard missions like that one mission chain in the last Dockyard.

WG has pulled enough shady things in the past that I'm not even getting my hopes up for anything.

I have the same valid and justified reservations.

It seems too good to be true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

It seems too good to be true.

I'm assuming that WG will do something entirely egregious with this dockyard (I already have WV44, but I'd quite like another Iowa, so I am taking an interest); this being based on their usual behaviour i.e. if they *can* find a way to be Pralines & Richard they absolutely *will*. Besides which, a pessimist is never disappointed...etc.

On the other hand (I'm feeling very slightly less grumpy lately, having recently discovered these were a thing: https://blog.scienceandindustrymuseum.org.uk/canary-resuscitator/), there are a couple of reason why WG *might* feel moved to be marginally less godsawful in this case:

• I believe that post-covid, people are finding other things to do with their time; this goes double when it's not the depths of winter. So while something like this is clearly designed to encourage people to play more, if the requirements were obviously too onerous, it might well have the reverse effect. Potentially an argument in favour of not going 'full PR', if they hope people play WOWS, rather than getting out more in the fresh air?
  • I get the impression that WG have a bit of an image problem amongst their established players (after numerous mis-steps and years of miserly behaviour); there might be a case to be made for doing some things to get the existing players a bit more back on side - it's generally cheaper to keep an existing customer than attract a new one, after all, plus the bulk of established players seem to usually warn off newbies these days (when I first started playing, the reverse was the case) - trying to reverse that trend might be desirable?
Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I'm assuming that WG will do something entirely egregious with this dockyard (I already have WV44, but I'd quite like another Iowa, so I am taking an interest); this being based on their usual behaviour i.e. if they *can* find a way to be Pralines & Richard they absolutely *will*. Besides which, a pessimist is never disappointed...etc.

On the other hand (I'm feeling very slightly less grumpy lately, having recently discovered these were a thing: https://blog.scienceandindustrymuseum.org.uk/canary-resuscitator/), there are a couple of reason why WG *might* feel moved to be marginally less godsawful in this case:

• I believe that post-covid, people are finding other things to do with their time; this goes double when it's not the depths of winter. So while something like this is clearly designed to encourage people to play more, if the requirements were obvious too onerous, it might well have the reverse effect. Potentially an argument in favour of not going 'full PR', if they hope people play WOWS, rather than getting out more in the fresh air?
  • I get the impression that WG have a bit of an image problem amongst their established players (after numerous mis-steps and years of miserly behaviour); there might be a case to be made for doing some things to get the existing players a bit more back on side - it's generally cheaper to keep an existing customer than attract a new one, after all, plus the bulk of established players seem to usually warn off newbies these days (when I first started playing, the reverse was the case) - trying to reverse that trend might be desirable?

Cheers! I already feel positively more chirpy.

• Haha 1