Finally, my Napoli can be put to full use!

Jakeshuffle

After about as bad as luck can go with containers, I finally have Luigi Sansonetti and I can REALLY suck with my Napoli!

Jokes aside, if anyone has their Luigi specced differently than The Spreadsheet I'd like to know why and how you play your Napoli!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jakeshuffle said:

After about as bad as luck can go with containers, I finally have Luigi Sansonetti and I can REALLY suck with my Napoli!

Jokes aside, if anyone has their Luigi specced differently than The Spreadsheet I'd like to know why and how you play your Napoli!

Secondary build all the way

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm approaching enough coal to buy any of the coal ships, and none of them are seeming to be 'must haves'.

Been thinking about Napoli, but I don't have a high point Italian captain yet.

Napoli is just a fun ship to play. Secondary build—absolutely! With all the new ships added to the game, it is one of a handful that still holds its own.

• Like 3

I don't think I got Napoli. Why can't I have any fun ships....

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm approaching enough coal to buy any of the coal ships, and none of them are seeming to be 'must haves'.

My first coal ship was Black to farm resources. The Napoli is just...a really fun ship. It has great handling for a Cruiser and hits relatively consistently with the main guns. The only "downside" I've noticed is that she doesn't have SAP for the main guns, but the secondaries are SAP which is super fun.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jakeshuffle said:

My first coal ship was Black to farm resources. The Napoli is just...a really fun ship. It has great handling for a Cruiser and hits relatively consistently with the main guns. The only "downside" I've noticed is that she doesn't have SAP for the main guns, but the secondaries are SAP which is super fun.

No SAP for the main guns, but is that really a handicap?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

While I often find myself wishing I had HE shells for some reliable DOT, the Italian tech tree cruisers overall are OK.

When it comes to battleships, however, I would agree that SAP is definitely a handicap considering what is sacrificed to get it (accuracy and reload).

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

From my limited experience with her, I can't tell. With how fast you can change shells though I don't see an issue with using HE and AP. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I don't think I got Napoli. Why can't I have any fun ships....

But do you have enough coal for her?  🙂 

1 hour ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Add me to the list of people who advocate for a full secondary-battery build.  🙂 

Edited to add:  My Napoli build, with Luigi Sansonetti ...

Hull Modules:
Main Armaments Modification 1
Damage Control System Modification 1
Aiming Systems Modification 1
Steering Gears Modification 1
Steering Gears Modification 2
Auxiliary Armaments Modification 2

Captain's Skills (14 skill points utilized out of 14 skill points available):
Last Stand
Grease the Gears
Fill the Tubes
Pack A Punch
Superintendent
Concealment Expert

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

10 skill points is enough.  🙂
With both rudder-shift modules, she can be nimble enough to troll a lot of long-range gunfire.

13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

But do you have enough coal for her?  🙂 

At times like this, I wish I had that red faced reaction emoticon we had at least on the defunct EU official World of Warships forum...

No, I bloody well don't, what I have a ¤#&!%#¤!! tier 10 trophy cruiser that sinks the moment someone sneezes at it.

• Haha 1

I guess this resembles spreadsheet recommendations? My build for Napoli.image.png.736f3c736db6f69dab57862856c85cd4.png

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Mine has a 16% chance of starting a fire (Main-gun H.E.).
If one can read the situation and anticipate the movements of opponent's ships, then selecting the right ammo for the job won't be a problem.

Personally, I think the Napoli is a fun ship to play.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

At times like this, I wish I had that red faced reaction emoticon we had at least on the defunct EU official World of Warships forum...

No, I bloody well don't, what I have a ¤#&!%#¤!! tier 10 trophy cruiser that sinks the moment someone sneezes at it.

Too bad you can't use this expired coupon from another company to help, eh?  🙂 
175215ad992ed67fb9d4182315592795.png&f=1 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Sansonetti is great. First time I used him on Venezia I think I got every special buff hes got.

When I later bought Napoli for Coal I put a new captain on Napoli with this build:

image.thumb.png.7b42b966185241fbd85d870297b7f94e.png

image.thumb.png.7dade71d78c17e9460d1867b56237c79.png

I will add "Adrenaline Rush" and probably "Consumable Enhancements" when I get more points. My reasoning to keep Sansonetti on Venezia is that I like Venezia even more, especially with the latest buff to ASW etc. And Venezia SAP SMACKS DDs and Subs. But this build has resulted in some hilarious "YOLO/Leroy Jenkins" games in Napoli.

image.thumb.jpeg.1ea65e21f3f260813d23283daec1bb82.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.87acbd6a961a250ea44ea21c54e00fa7.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.207b1c3fae3582b2caa4ef276da248d9.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.ce861717eecca35aff3bd142e77d2988.jpeg

Just pushing in like a Viking, stealing Caps, contesting caps, and having rainbows of SAP secondaries in the air.

image.thumb.jpeg.67c66541ad53a43bb76ea1f98d1580a1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aa5ea1fed6abaaa65624af7d0cf66ce6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f670628347d33df8c3cd4dfebc5872ba.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.c29e97587f84ca4141aea6ce316a91cf.jpeg

2 Solo Caps for the Win!

"Chuu .... Chuu ...... Here comes the Smoke Train Maddah Trucker.....! ! ! !😄

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Black is a good ship. That was the last coal ship I got...spent through the nose but probably worth it.

28 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

10 skill points is enough.  🙂
With both rudder-shift modules, she can be nimble enough to troll a lot of long-range gunfire.

Yeah, it looks fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

image.thumb.jpeg.67c66541ad53a43bb76ea1f98d1580a1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.aa5ea1fed6abaaa65624af7d0cf66ce6.jpeg

John Candy Barf GIFs | Tenor

Napoli Div's usually come up when me and my Neighbor countryman "The Fin", fellow Viking and I have downed enough Whiskey late in the Friday evening to just say "Fugg It! Let's pillage and **** some English islands ...... or caps ......on this strange map....!"

To VALHALLA! ! ! ! ! ! 

Never Napoli sober.........

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube
  • Haha 2

Definitely a full secondary build for the Napoli, especially now that the secondary ranges were buffed on it.

Personally, I think Luigi Sansonetti is wasted in the Napoli. He works much better in the Venezia, which I have him in. I just have a regular commander in my Napoli with the secondary skills. I rarely get 100 main battery hits in the Napoli to ever activate the Concealed Reserves talent on Luigi Sansonetti, but it gets activated almost every game with the Venezia.

The secondary skills would be wasted in the Venezia if you wanted to switch him back and forth between the Napoli. So I think it would be best not to use him in the Napoli.

That said, my favorite thing about the Napoli's secondaries other than them being SAP is the high arc you get with them. You can quite often hit ships hiding behind islands you cannot hit with your main guns.

Edited by Colonel Potter
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Colonel Potter said:

Definitely a full secondary build for the Napoli, especially now that the secondary ranges were buffed on it.

Personally, I think Luigi Sansonetti is wasted in the Napoli. He works much better in the Venezia, which I have him in. I just have a regular commander in my Napoli with the secondary skills. I rarely get 100 main battery hits in the Napoli to ever activate the Concealed Reserves talent on Luigi Sansonetti, but it gets activated almost every game with the Venezia.

The secondary skills would be wasted in the Venezia if you wanted to switch him back and forth between the Napoli. So I think it would be best not to use him in the Napoli.

That said, my favorite thing about the Napoli's secondaries other than them being SAP is the high arc you get with them. You can quite often hit ships hiding behind islands you cannot hit with your main guns.

This is exactly my reasoning as well. Full Secondary build on Napoli with other regular captain because switching Sansonetti between the two would nerf one of them so doesn't work that well. Sansonetti is amazing in Venezia, usually trigger 2-3 Legendary buffs each game with him in Venezia.

This is my build for them both.

Napoli:

image.thumb.png.072957a44bceab8f3bd8e4d7aa43b8dd.png

image.thumb.png.a1c827c5efe8e40e6f2b2f5ae27fd4e5.png

with this build I get 44 sec smoke train (will soon buff that with Cons Enhancement) and 11 km secondaries with SAP.

Venezia:

image.thumb.png.2b0a2dca6d89776c69fe7f81811c0b99.png

image.thumb.png.a3e7608e2de35764d258ece7589fdd9f.png

with this build, 58 sec smoke train (enouch to steal a cap), 7 spotter plane with short cooldown for longer range SAP farming, 12,4 km Conceal. Its really not hard to get all 3 buffs activated on Venezia with this build, just as I showed in the video above. Also incoming fire alert and the trolly Italian armor on V makes it hard for BBs to get good hits in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

whats whats so special about simpson?

3 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

whats whats so special about simpson?

He’s still out looking for “the real killers?”

You haven't gotten full use out of it until you took it into ranked.

Edited by Verytis
spelling