I hate WG blaming me for their problems.

Tpaktop2_1 NA

I was playing operations with no problems until Cherry Blossom hits the rotation. Five times I tried logging back in and the system reboots on me every time I login to WoWS. I gave up for that night. In the morning I get this. I went from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and the only common item is WoWs with this one operations scenario. I swear WG hates AMD PC owners. Despite WG efforts, I was able to expunge the pinkness. Rant over.

shot-24.03.04_17.52.19-0750.jpg

shot-24.03.04_18.08.44-0704.jpg

• Like 2

I kind of expect it from WG staff at this point.

The annoying thing to me is when players ignorantly blame other players for WG problems.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

I was playing operations with no problems until Cherry Blossom hits the rotation. Five times I tried logging back in and the system reboots on me every time I login to WoWS. I gave up for that night. In the morning I get this. I went from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and the only common item is WoWs with this one operations scenario. I swear WG hates AMD PC owners. Despite WG efforts, I was able to expunge the pinkness. Rant over.

shot-24.03.04_17.52.19-0750.jpg

shot-24.03.04_18.08.44-0704.jpg

A handful of weeks ago, I was divisioning with @Ensign Cthulhu during his Twitch Stream.
After getting disconnected a couple of times, I decided to take a short break and perform the "check and repair" function, in an attempt to fix the problem.
It happened to work, for me, at that time.

I have Windows-10 O.S., though, instead of the Windows-11 that you're running.

Personally, I'm a fan of AMD because of the value-for-the-money their components offer.
I've built a few AMD based personal computers in the past.  
That said, my current Acer Nitro entry-level gaming laptop uses an Intel processor and an NVidia GeoForce graphics card, because at the time I went shopping, the figurative price & value pendulum had swung in Intel's and Nvidia's favor.

• Like 2

No, this is a "your computer"  problem.

41 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

I went from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and the only common item is WoWs with this one operations scenario. I swear WG hates AMD PC owners.

I'd start asking whether there's something about AMD PCs and Windows 11 that doesn't cope well with WOWS. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I'd start asking whether there's something about AMD PCs and Windows 11 that doesn't cope well with WOWS. 

Given what I understand about computers, programming and the internet, it could be a number of possible phenomena (alone or in combination).
Without diagnostic evidence, I wouldn't be quick to make pronouncements.  🙂 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

I went from Windows 10 to Windows 11

I’ve had win 11 since I bought my laptop new. All the guts are intel and nvidia. Never have drops other than my internet connection. I’d bet it’s something with your computer not hashing with the servers.  

I run WoWS on AMD machines (3 of them) all under Windows 11 and I don't get these problems. I doubt it's an AMD issue, just one of those PC related things sent to try us. I would run the file integrity check thing and see if it turns up anything. I'd also look hard at Graphics drivers, these can cause unforeseen issues with games. Try the latest driver, if you are already on the latest try dialing it back to the previous one. If all else fails and you continue to get these issues I'd reinstall completely after wiping the game's directory clean.

• Like 2

I had problems with win 11 besides and including wows [severe with mods, 2 BSoD happened]. So I restored my machine to win 1o and had less problems, more fps although last week-end the internet was very high pingy [not hundreds but thousands of ms]. But I didn't just get dropped, the game client crashed and terminated. Which I sort of attribute to the mods I'm running [which seem fine on win 1o]. 

But I reloaded and got back in the matches fast and didn't get penalised. Then after those matches I ran check and repair and everything seemed okay. My machine is 3 years old now and it is AMD.

Otherwise it runs sweet and I hope to get more mileage out of it.

• Like 1

Don't think it is what flavor of CPU you are running, but here are suggestions:

1) Going from Windows 10 to 11.  I've learned a lesson: if you want problems, update any OS to the newer version without doing a clean install.  It is a pain and takes a lot of extra time, but I've never had any problems after a clean install.

2) Of course, make sure all your drivers are up to date - just common sense.

3) If a clean install or just a straight upgrade, there is a "game settings" icon (by your name, top left in game client) -  open and scroll down to "Check for additional software."  Do it!  From the best I can tell, there are some components of MS Visual C++ the game requires.  For some reason, they do not carry over in an upgrade and need to be added with a clean install (most of the time).  Also, in the same pop-up menu, make sure you click "Add Game to Firewall Exception."

Additional.png.17f57734575ab0817ead29161d695494.png

Finally, your modem. Most providers auto-update. The first place I go if I have any connection issues is to the modem. Don't just do a reset—turn it off, unplug it for a few minutes, and start it back up.  

I have two PCs. My gaming rig has AMD (CPU/graphics), and my "productivity" PC has Intel CPU/AMD graphics. Both have zero problems.

• Like 4

it's funny, but during the WOWS gameplay era, pink was actually considered a man's color. The British used pink for camouflage on their desert aircraft and vehicles well into the Cold War era. It wasn't until after the Vietnam War that pink became entrenched as a "girls" color. And, in this day and age, isn't it a bit sexist to denigrate a player by calling him a "little girl" anyway? My grade school basketball coach did that back in the 60s. Grow up Wargaming.

Red is the color of fire and war. Blue is the color of water and sky. In 1918, an article in a clothing trade publication declared that, since it pink was derived from red is was for boys, whereas the "more delicate and dainty," blue was for girls. The shift began after WWII and wasn't firmly entrenched until the 1980s. Even now, however, real men, those who have accomplished far too much in life to care what color of clothes they are wearing or car they are driving, will oftentimes wear pink. You oftentimes see CEOs wearing pink shirts and shorts and driving their wife's pink Mary Kay prize cars without batting an eyelash. I once painted my boss' office pink as a joke and he just kept it that color until he retired. That guy was an ex-Project Delta special forces operative.

18lp2x6bx89ygjpg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=538f

th?id=OIP.Frvyo57DuN4okyOYJTBGyAHaEJ%26p

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=2725c6e

biz_lgp_marykaycarpic.max-752x423.jpg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Don't think it is what flavor of CPU you are running, but here are suggestions:

1) Going from Windows 10 to 11.  I've learned a lesson: if you want problems, update any OS to the newer version without doing a clean install.  It is a pain and takes a lot of extra time, but I've never had any problems after a clean install.

2) Of course, make sure all your drivers are up to date - just common sense.

3) If a clean install or just a straight upgrade, there is a "game settings" icon (by your name, top left in game client) -  open and scroll down to "Check for additional software."  Do it!  From the best I can tell, there are some components of MS Visual C++ the game requires.  For some reason, they do not carry over in an upgrade and need to be added with a clean install (most of the time).  Also, in the same pop-up menu, make sure you click "Add Game to Firewall Exception."

Additional.png.17f57734575ab0817ead29161d695494.png

Finally, your modem. Most providers auto-update. The first place I go if I have any connection issues is to the modem. Don't just do a reset—turn it off, unplug it for a few minutes, and start it back up.  

I have two PCs. My gaming rig has AMD (CPU/graphics), and my "productivity" PC has Intel CPU/AMD graphics. Both have zero problems.

I will check to make sure my C++ libraries are up to date.

I know there is something wrong with Cherry Blossom because on the old forums another WoWs player gripped about the same problem besides myself. I don't know if it is because my system is fast or the video card I am using. CPU and video boards have been tested for problems and nothing is showing up. WoWS is the only game that does reboots, that is Op. Cherry Blossom. I played randoms today with no problems.

Here is my system build:

------------------
System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 3/5/2024, 09:20:23
         Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
                Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor              (12 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
                   Memory: 32768MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 32694MB RAM
                Page File: 8469MB used, 72224MB available
              Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
          DirectX Version: DirectX 12

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: AMD Radeon RX 5700
        Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
           Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x731F)
            DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
         Device Type: Full Device (POST)
          Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_731F&SUBSYS_2399148C&REV_C4
       Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER] 
 Device Problem Code: No Problem
 Driver Problem Code: Unknown
      Display Memory: 24497 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8150 MB
       Shared Memory: 16346 MB
        Current Mode: 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (170Hz)
         HDR Support: Supported
    Display Topology: Internal
 Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709
     Color Primaries: Red(0.655273,0.324219), Green(0.208984,0.713867), Blue(0.146484,0.050781), White Point(0.313477,0.329102)
   Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.060300, Max Luminance = 436.000000, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 436.000000
        Monitor Name: GIGABYTE M27Q
       Monitor Model: M27Q
          Monitor Id: GBT270D
         Native Mode: 2560 x 1440(p) (59.940Hz)
         Output Type: Displayport External

21 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

it's funny, but during the WOWS gameplay era, pink was actually considered a man's color. The British used pink for camouflage on their desert aircraft and vehicles well into the Cold War era. It wasn't until after the Vietnam War that pink became entrenched as a "girls" color. And, in this day and age, isn't it a bit sexist to denigrate a player by calling him a "little girl" anyway? My grade school basketball coach did that back in the 60s. Grow up Wargaming.

Red is the color of fire and war. Blue is the color of water and sky. In 1918, an article in a clothing trade publication declared that, since it pink was derived from red is was for boys, whereas the "more delicate and dainty," blue was for girls. The shift began after WWII and wasn't firmly entrenched until the 1980s. Even now, however, real men, those who have accomplished far too much in life to care what color of clothes they are wearing or car they are driving, will oftentimes wear pink. You oftentimes see CEOs wearing pink shirts and shorts and driving their wife's pink Mary Kay prize cars without batting an eyelash. I once painted my boss' office pink as a joke and he just kept it that color until he retired. That guy was an ex-Project Delta special forces operative.

18lp2x6bx89ygjpg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=538f

th?id=OIP.Frvyo57DuN4okyOYJTBGyAHaEJ%26p

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=2725c6e

biz_lgp_marykaycarpic.max-752x423.jpg

I have no problem with pink. It's the label for my inaction from WoWS.

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Don't jump to hasty conclusions because you do not know the root cause.

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Without diagnostic evidence, I wouldn't be quick to make pronouncements.  🙂

Well you know EC. He'll blame God and the Universe first before blaming WG. 😄

3 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Despite WG efforts, I was able to expunge the pinkness.

👍

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Type_93 said:

I’ve had win 11 since I bought my laptop new. All the guts are intel and nvidia. Never have drops other than my internet connection. I’d bet it’s something with your computer not hashing with the servers.  

Yeah, I built a new PC in Jan 2023 and installed Win 11. Zero issues with it and this game (and overall - absolutely not 1 issue to date period).

What's all this pink bashing. Tough guys wear pink.

• Like 2

Modem and router issues. For a while I was getting some issues with these just crashing or hanging, very annoying. On the advice of a friend I setup my routers to reboot at 2:30 am, my modem is plugged into a timer power outlet which cuts the power at 2:28 am and powers up again at 2:30 am. Ever since I set this up I have had zero modem/router issues.

• Like 1

I had loading issues with my previous computer. Was routinely loading into battle later and later.

I got a new computer and those issues vanished.

Its a very rare day that I encounter and issue/crash with WoWs.

9 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Five times I tried logging back in and the system reboots on me every time I login to WoWS.

Unsolicited reboot means either windows bluescreen or something hardware/power related.  On the other hand, WoWs crash would be just application crash and there's log file to give customer support.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

i have windows 11 and AMD  i have no problem . i suggest you check task manager you might be running to many programs in the background using up resorces

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Like 1

Pay especial attention to the quality of service section. If you are on a home network where people routinely use phones and tablets then your gaming PC should be set to the highest priority on the router. Also, make sure your anti-malware application isn't interfering with the game's connection. Windows Security is really all you need, packages like Norton and Kapersky can cause issues with too-tight security and too-high of a system overhead.

https://www.techspot.com/article/2157-optimize-gaming-internet-connection/

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:10 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor               4.10 GHz

Win 11

Zero issues Zero Glitches

Been building my own for decades.

Not an AMD issue.

2c3e4ada083469381a10db117130e21a.gif.ca2c051a8ab8d83a068adcc64f701fdd.gif

Hey If I play BBs I don't have the reboot problem with Op. Cherry Blossom. With DDs and CAs WoWS reboots the system. Examples below:

shot-24.03.10_00.39.33-0003.jpg

shot-24.03.10_14.32.51-0791.jpg

shot-24.03.10_14.33.00-0904.jpg

• Confused 1

I upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 without any issues with Warships on my AMD. I'm almost thinking it's a hardware issue somewhere since it was happening in both operating systems. Unless of course the root issue was in the Windows 10 and it carried over to Windows 11 on the OP's PC.

Edited by Colonel Potter
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 1:37 PM, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Hey If I play BBs I don't have the reboot problem with Op. Cherry Blossom. With DDs and CAs WoWS reboots the system. Examples below:

#1.  To a clean install of WOWS.  There are tools to repair an installation but in my experience it's time saved to just do it from scratch unless you have some strange reason to keeping your current install.   Do you use mods?  Make sure it works fine in un modded state before adding mods back.  When you add them back, only add 1 or 2 at  time to see if a mod is at fault.  Usually my WOWS troubles have stemmed from either mods or an old install getting wonky for some reason.

#2.  I find it doubtful that an AMD processor is a problem, but I do not have the same confidence for the VC hardware/drivers.  I still feel that AMD is still working to shake poor driver QC issues earned by ATI back in the day... I wouldn't be surprised if there were still some leftover corporate culture issues from when AMD bought ATI to gain a foothold in the video chipset market.  I swore off ATI before AMD picked them up, but from what I've read, under developed drivers and chips still seem to plaque some of their chip designs.

I would put some research into finding the most stable driver even if it's not the most up to date.

#3.  Make sure to stress test your PC other wise using software designed to test stability.  Prime95 is an old stand by but there are others you can google and use.

2 minutes ago, YouSatInGum said:

#1.  To a clean install of WOWS.  There are tools to repair an installation but in my experience it's time saved to just do it from scratch unless you have some strange reason to keeping your current install.   Do you use mods?  Make sure it works fine in un modded state before adding mods back.  When you add them back, only add 1 or 2 at  time to see if a mod is at fault.  Usually my WOWS troubles have stemmed from either mods or an old install getting wonky for some reason.

#2.  I find it doubtful that an AMD processor is a problem, but I do not have the same confidence for the VC hardware/drivers.  I still feel that AMD is still working to shake poor driver QC issues earned by ATI back in the day... I wouldn't be surprised if there were still some leftover corporate culture issues from when AMD bought ATI to gain a foothold in the video chipset market.  I swore off ATI before AMD picked them up, but from what I've read, under developed drivers and chips still seem to plaque some of their chip designs.

I would put some research into finding the most stable driver even if it's not the most up to date.

#3.  Make sure to stress test your PC other wise using software designed to test stability.  Prime95 is an old stand by but there are others you can google and use.

I will add that the MOST common reasons for sudden reboots are BAd Ram Sticks and Thermal issues.  

Also Power issues where people add so much ( Graphics cards etc ) that they machine can't do it and when it spikes a need for power it crashes.

This game ( if using ultra settings ) can work a Card and make it draw more power and create more heat. The CPU is a minimal use in the game.

Most fixes are simple but u need to do a build check and see if the PSU is enough for what you are running and do a simple ram check.