Any info about upcoming Ranked Season #16?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Any info about upcoming Ranked Season #16?

Leo "Apollo11"

Nothing, just like the last time... Hoping for T5 Bronze 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 12:35 PM, ReDiR20 said:

Hoping for T5 Bronze 

*eyes the four premium Kongos in port*

I would… not be opposed to that.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I asked this on official Discord and the WG answer is "We will let you know when we can"...

Leo "Apollo11"

On 3/3/2024 at 6:35 PM, ReDiR20 said:

Looking at my Kami, Gremy and GC and drooling...

1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Looking at my Kami

I'm afraid that was pretty much where my mind immediately went - I'm a bad person...

That said, I wouldn't be averse to T7, but only because I'd quite like to give Jupiter a lash against real people...

• Haha 1

Hi all,

WG posted info:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-132-pinata-hunt/#ranked-battles

Update 13.2 brings Ranked Battles Season 16.

Starts: Mar 13, 10:00 AM CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Mar 13, 10:00 AM
Ends: May 14, 02:00 AM CET (UTC+1) / your local time: May 14, 02:00 AM

In the Bronze League, battles will be held in a 6 vs. 6 format with Tier VIII ships, and in both the Silver and Gold Leagues, players will helm Tier X ships and superships.

For the Bronze and Silver Leagues, no more than one submarine, four battleships, and four destroyers are allowed per team; for the Gold League—no more than one submarine, three battleships, and four destroyers per team.

Aircraft carriers will be unavailable during this Ranked Battles season.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 3

Well at least there will be no CVs that's a plus.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ole_seabee said:

Still subs though that are getting more buffs to offset the shotgun nerf. WG didn’t learn their lesson from this season clearly, ranked was very unpopular this season for a reason. I don’t see myself playing with the subs continuing to stick around.

To be honest though, the whole patch holds little interest to me. Another event pass I care nothing about, a game mode I might try two or three times, and sub changes that will likely change nothing(cause WG don’t have a clue how to balance them).

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 1

Tier 8 plus no cv is enough for me. It it was more then 1 sub then F that. But with Massachusettes, Tirpitz and Hipper in my port, tier 8 will be my jam. Silver and gold I will probably skip. Superships and subs sound whack. 

Looks like a run for some bronze steel and that'll call it.

• Like 1

I can live with T8, especially with no CVs. Submarines remain a damn nuisance, but - on EU at least - previous seasons of Ranked haven't seen an unreasonable prevalence of the things.

I usually stick to Bronze, as I don't care about the rank itself these days, but rather enjoy messing about in small-team PvP and bagging a bit of steel in the process...

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 11:35 AM, ReDiR20 said:

OH god!... I hope not.

Everytime there is a T5 season it's pain, boardom, and misery to get past it....  Not to mention the all the Kami tripplets, GC's, and Agincourts that come out of the woodwork to seal club.  On top of that... cruiser play at the tier is miserable... there basically isn't a cruiser whose role isn't done better by a BB or DD like Nicholas.  Same goes for T6 where the best cruiser at T6 is a Farragut cosplaying as a mini Flint. 

My favorite tier for any ranked will always be T7 (at least when it's only T7) especially since no CV/subs.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Aircraft carriers will be unavailable during this Ranked Battles season.

YEEEE!!!!cap_win.gif

Hopefully this time there will be no  backtracking, as it happened.

Yep, I read the update news and immediately noticed the big buffs coming to submarines in a few days.

The Cyprus-based managers of this game are really ignoring the majority of the players, while pandering to the submarines by handing out big buffs patch-by-patch.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:50 AM, ole_seabee said:

Sigh.

No ranked for me then.

• Sad 1

I haven't seen CVs in most of my ranked matches last season. CV ban is hardly called for. It is sad one cannot look forward to any shakeups or change of pace.

Honestly, from my point of view, haven't very big problems with CVs, but with sub I do have problem. WG should ban forever subs from ranked and about CVs - whatever playerbase decided.... BUT BAN SUBS FROM RANKED FOREVER.

Edited by WildWind84