DevStrike! WoWs Community Discord Server – Now Open for Business

HogHammer

This Discord server is hosted and managed by DevStrike! Forum for the main purpose of offering a convenient platform for gaming communications, friendship, and comradery among forum members and their guests to division up into various game modes.  Brief text (testing this feature) is allowed for forum members and is moderated by bots.  Text will be limited, and any main discussions are to remain on the forum.  We kindly ask that you adhere to this request during a testing period.

Since the main purpose is gaming voice server, we encourage all members to keep communications civil and respectful.  This is a place to form bonds and not be antagonistic toward fellow members.  Conversations should be game-related.  Personal defamation, harassing, bullying, threatening, offending, or any harmful behavior towards others is not acceptable.  Absolutely no sexism, racism, politics, or religion should be discussed.

Not abiding by these above requests will remove such violators from this server for a period of time.  You may be offered the chance to rejoin this Discord server at some point with Administrator approval.  If approved, however, any further violations will result in a permanent ban.

The channels currently available are:

Just Hang Out – For just some friendly chat with fellow players

Training Room 1 – Training activities only

Training Room 2 – Training activities only

Division Alpha – Division play in any mode desired

Division Bravo – Division play in any mode desired

Division Charlie – Division play in any mode desired

Division Delta – Division play in any mode desired

Division Echo – Division play in any mode desired

Division Foxtrot – Division play in any mode desired

Create Your Own Events

Server members are also allowed to create or join events.  Say you want to create a "Tuesday Night Operations." event - you have the ability to do so.  Creating an event is easy - follow the prompts.  An event could be just forming divisions, an event for Operations, or any other in-game mode.  That is your choice.  Since we cover all regions (Asia, EU, and NA) please indicate the server your game play will occur for the event you create.  DevStrike! may at some time offer nightly or special events (contests) with various game modes and in different regions.

You are allowed to share your screen of your battles if you so desire.  Be aware that guests, not part of any division you create, can and may view your screen.  Any guest MUST, however, ask for permission as a general courtesy and abide by all your channel requests.  The guest should ideally message the player in Discord for permission to join a channel.

Any non-compliance needs to be forwarded to a DevStrike! staff member on the Forum.  Administrators of this server have the right to join any active channel as a general check-in occasionally.  This is intended to be a short visit to get feedback and see how things are going.  Administrators, at various times, may also request to stream various channels with the direct permission of server members.  These streams may be presented live on our Twitch channel (link icon provided below on this page or see About DevStrikeForum - Twitch.

These channels are open to all modes of WoWs gameplay.  Enjoy, form a cohesive bond with teammates on the high seas, and win a few battles.

To join the DevStrike! Community Discord server use this link:  https://discord.gg/3GnBj6Xu

Once joined, please review the "Important - Please Read Terms of Use"

Edit: Some features may not work until you are moved into the "Ship Captains" role.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

I imagine its merely something of an acknowledgement that for its initial primary purpose, voice communications, Discord is a useful tool. Far more than as a ephemeral text platform that is an absolute bear to attempt referencing specific messages or conversations at some point in the future. Without excessive usage of the pinned messages feature which has its own limitations.

Edited by Kynami
Missing word middle of sentence.
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Kynami said:

I imagine its merely something of an acknowledgement that for its initial primary purpose, voice communications, Discord is a useful tool.

Discord (or TeamSpeak) is ideal for voice comms.  Clans I have been associated with use one of the two.  It is hard in either platform to compile anything at length such as a review, guide or tutorial.  I recently found myself just linking to certain topics in DevStrike.  We use to attempt to keep up with game codes in our clan Discord for example, now we link to that section here on DevStrike.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Uh ... wut?

Is this .. treason?

Only someone with a lot of access to WG staff would think this way...

😉

The biggest problem with WG ending the forums and moving to discord was the absolute nature of the move...I see our leadership here as far more competent.

Discord for what discord is good for...forum for what forum is good for.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

😉

The biggest problem with WG ending the forums and moving to discord was the absolute nature of the move...I see our leadership here as far more competent.

Yup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Uh ... wut?

Is this .. treason?

35483d606c815f65499ff1166762578f.jpg.b1fa8cea8c97cb8427639959eef984bb.jpg

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Uh ... wut?

Is this .. treason?

Well, I offer a another perspective.

Discord is its own social-media platform, which is hosting World of Warships as a channel/member of Discord.
Discord is now also hosting DevStrike! as channel/member of Discord.

DevStrike! can advertise its forum on Discord, and DevStrike! members can utilize the beneficial real-time communications aspects for division coordination.

WOWs no longer has a forum.  DevStrike! is a forum that has a presence on Discord. 
And, I suspect that World of Warships won't be able to do anything about it.  😉 

Muhahahahahaaaa
giphy.gif  giphy.gif  

giphy.gif  giphy.gif  

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Is this .. treason?

I doubt a Devstrike discord service is treasonable at all - rather it is an attempt to foster an intelligent discord service unlike what is the purpose of WG discord alternative.

From what I can surmise about WG Discord is that they (WG) do consider that many critical of WG there are considered to be 'treasonable' to WG (correct me if I am wrong).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

And, I suspect that World of Warships won't be able to do anything about it.  😉 

I could only give you the one emoji, Wolfie, yet Like & Thanks could also be awarded 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

From what I can surmise about WG Discord is that they (WG) do consider that many critical of WG there are considered to be 'treasonable' to WG (correct me if I am wrong).

This is my experience, hence my comment about iDuckman listening too much to WG staff.

I find that clearing away from the constant deception spouted from the CMs and the WG Discord does wonders for enhancing a good state of mind in the game.

One of the huge plus points of a DevStrike Discord is that it won't have WG staff running it.

The other huge plus is that it appears to be setup to be used as an actual Discord.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, HogHammer said:

This Discord server is hosted and managed by DevStrike! Forum for the main purpose of offering a convenient platform for gaming communications, friendship, and comradery among forum members and their guests to division up into various game modes.  Brief text (testing this feature) is allowed for forum members and is moderated by bots.  Text will be limited, and any main discussions are to remain on the forum.  We kindly ask that you adhere to this request during a testing period.

Since the main purpose is gaming voice server, we encourage all members to keep communications civil and respectful.  This is a place to form bonds and not be antagonistic toward fellow members.  Conversations should be game-related.  Personal defamation, harassing, bullying, threatening, offending, or any harmful behavior towards others is not acceptable.  Absolutely no sexism, racism, politics, or religion should be discussed.

Not abiding by these above requests will remove such violators from this server for a period of time.  You may be offered the chance to rejoin this Discord server at some point with Administrator approval.  If approved, however, any further violations will result in a permanent ban.

The channels currently available are:

Just Hang Out – For just some friendly chat with fellow players

Training Room 1 – Training activities only

Training Room 2 – Training activities only

Division Alpha – Division play in any mode desired

Division Bravo – Division play in any mode desired

Division Charlie – Division play in any mode desired

Division Delta – Division play in any mode desired

Division Echo – Division play in any mode desired

Division Foxtrot – Division play in any mode desired

Create Your Own Events

Server members are also allowed to create or join events.  Say you want to create a "Tuesday Night Operations." event - you have the ability to do so.  Creating an event is easy - follow the prompts.  An event could be just forming divisions, an event for Operations, or any other in-game mode.  That is your choice.  Since we cover all regions (Asia, EU, and NA) please indicate the server your game play will occur for the event you create.  DevStrike! may at some time offer nightly or special events (contests) with various game modes and in different regions.

You are allowed to share your screen of your battles if you so desire.  Be aware that guests, not part of any division you create, can and may view your screen.  Any guest MUST, however, ask for permission as a general courtesy and abide by all your channel requests.  The guest should ideally message the player in Discord for permission to join a channel.

Any non-compliance needs to be forwarded to a DevStrike! staff member on the Forum.  Administrators of this server have the right to join any active channel as a general check-in occasionally.  This is intended to be a short visit to get feedback and see how things are going.  Administrators, at various times, may also request to stream various channels with the direct permission of server members.  These streams may be presented live on our Twitch channel (link icon provided below on this page or see About DevStrikeForum - Twitch.

These channels are open to all modes of WoWs gameplay.  Enjoy, form a cohesive bond with teammates on the high seas, and win a few battles.

To join the DevStrike! Community Discord server use this link:  https://discord.gg/3GnBj6Xu

Once joined, please review the "Important - Please Read Terms of Use"

Edit: Some features may not work until you are moved into the "Ship Captains" role.

Come join YES YES @RX160S_Byarlant_Customcome

8 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

HUH?  You project that a Devstrike discord would give back some of your lost access to WoWs staff?  How else does this comment make sense?

Just to be clear, it was a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

I doubt a Devstrike discord service is treasonable at all - rather it is an attempt to foster an intelligent discord service unlike what is the purpose of WG discord alternative.

Yeah yeah.  You forget why we're here -- because we can't stand the alternative offered up by WeeGee. 

Nothing against Devstrike doing a discord server.  It just seems a little ... incongruous.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah yeah.  You forget why we're here -- because we can't stand the alternative offered up by WeeGee. 

Nothing against Devstrike doing a discord server.  It just seems a little ... incongruous.

I browsed the general game discussion section of the WOWS Discord just now and found a dozen conversations about a dozen different things all thrown into to one boiling pot and no way to make heads or tails out of the mess. I don't see this as very useful.

I've removed the usernames and "bleeped" the swear words but this is what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

I do like the fact that they have a mini-map renderer on the server but other than that I'm finding it less than useful.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, iDuckman said:

That was my first reaction, too. 
But, after a few additional moments of thought, I realized it has the potential to be really annoying to WOWs, just by existing.
And the thought of DevStrike! possibly "doing it better" (i.e. having a presence on Discord) seemed ripe for hilarious shenanigans.  🙂 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

HUH?  You project that a Devstrike discord would give back some of your lost access to WoWs staff?  How else does this comment make sense?

Just to be clear, it was a joke.

Not at all.

I'm saying that the idea of an organization thinking differences of opinion is 'treason' is a very WG culture thought.

I don't want access to WG staff. Everytime I interact with them, I'm reminded how their actions drive me and others in negative directions.

I'm saying that my outlook on the game is much better if I cut them out of my life.

For example, I don't think that some third party using Discord properly is in any way treasonous, just because it makes my organization look bad. You really should examine why that thought process isn't even a good joke...but is perceived as just a toxic way to try to maintain control.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I browsed the general game discussion section of the WOWS Discord just now and found a dozen conversations about a dozen different things all thrown into to one boiling pot and no way to make heads or tails out of the mess. I don't see this as very useful.

I've removed the usernames and "bleeped" the swear words but this is what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

I do like the fact that they have a mini-map renderer on the server but other than that I'm finding it less than useful.

Looks like a stream of consciousness transcript  

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

And WG for what WG is good for.

Waitaminit…

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Not at all.

I'm saying that the idea of an organization thinking differences of opinion is 'treason' is a very WG culture thought.

I don't want access to WG staff. Everytime I interact with them, I'm reminded how their actions drive me and others in negative directions.

I'm saying that my outlook on the game is much better if I cut them out of my life.

For example, I don't think that some third party using Discord properly is in any way treasonous, just because it makes my organization look bad. You really should examine why that thought process isn't even a good joke...but is perceived as just a toxic way to try to maintain control.

Consider that WG may have given up to forum to save costs.  And, if DEVSTRIKE is a better forum and their Discord is a better place to be, it makes even more sense to WG to simply participate and take what they want for free....  Why spend money making a "better wheel" when you can take it for free........

A win win in my books.....

Edited by Asym
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Asym said:

Consider that WG may have given up to forum to save costs. 

A lot of other games continue to have forums, though.
So, I don't think that's the primary reasoning behind WG/WOWs curtailing forums.

As, others have postulated in the past...
1.  Discord was/is an up-&-coming social media platform with a wide audience and diverse demographics.  So, WG/WOWs wanted to get-in on that and hopefully reach a wider population to advertise-to and grow their playerbase.
2.  The old forum was a searchable and growing form of "memory".  All of WG/WOWs "bad press" was there for people to research, and draw their own conclusions with.
3.  As a percentage of the game population, the forum population was comparatively small.  And the echo-chamber postings and consumer feedback were, on occasion, predictably repetitive sentiments, eh?
4.  Discord is much easier for WOWs to project their latest news and advertising, while simultaneously relegating the negative press into yesterday and eventually into the unsearchable vestibules of an oubliette.

But, perhaps it's just speculation, eh?  🙂 

• Like 2

• WOWS shuts down their game forums and forced members to go to Discord instead
  • Members revolt and say no because Discord sucks
  • Former forum members from all servers band together to form Devstrike.net so we have a real forum to use
  • Devstrike.net creates their own Discord server LOL

tumblr_n99qzgC7vf1rlnbkeo1_400.gif

Note - this is just an LOL look at the situation/irony post not negative against Devstrike. JFYI.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  • WOWS shuts down their game forums and force members to go to Discord instead
  • Members revolt and say no because Discord sucks
  • Former forum members from all servers band together to form Devstrike.net so we have a real forum to use
  • Devstrike.net creates their own Discord server LOL

tumblr_n99qzgC7vf1rlnbkeo1_400.gif

Typical corporate ignorance.

Members revolted and said no because DISCORD IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR A FORUM. (If 'Discord sucks' is the only message that WG staff received...their CMs did a TERRIBLE job...)

New forum (DevStrike) exposes WG staff incompetence and demonstrates that you can have both a forum and a Discord...and use them effectively...

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 2
  • Bored 1

5 hours ago, Asym said:

Consider that WG may have given up to forum to save costs.  And, if DEVSTRIKE is a better forum and their Discord is a better place to be, it makes even more sense to WG to simply participate and take what they want for free....  Why spend money making a "better wheel" when you can take it for free........

A win win in my books.....

It might, and might have been, but the treatment of Ahskance when he was here as a private player pretty much guarantees it will never happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

A lot of other games continue to have forums, though.
So, I don't think that's the primary reasoning behind WG/WOWs curtailing forums.

As, others have postulated in the past...
1.  Discord was/is an up-&-coming social media platform with a wide audience and diverse demographics.  So, WG/WOWs wanted to get-in on that and hopefully reach a wider population to advertise-to and grow their playerbase.
2.  The old forum was a searchable and growing form of "memory".  All of WG/WOWs "bad press" was there for people to research, and draw their own conclusions with.
3.  As a percentage of the game population, the forum population was comparatively small.  And the echo-chamber postings and consumer feedback were, on occasion, predictably repetitive sentiments, eh?
4.  Discord is much easier for WOWs to project their latest news and advertising, while simultaneously relegating the negative press into yesterday and eventually into the unsearchable vestibules of an oubliette.

But, perhaps it's just speculation, eh?  🙂 

5. Small as it was, the forum participation was in steady decline while the discord was on the increase.

• Like 1