Are you ready Son?

AdmiralThunder

Just had some kind of take over of the screen by a WOWS video (animated). Some officer talking about the end of the world and are you ready son. It then said go play a CV game and ended. Said it was a youtube video but there is no such video there and I don't see anything in the news. Anyone else have this happen? I played a Cv game and nothing?

I mean what LOL??? 🥸

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

I was shown to this video when I login

Saw this video as well.  Watched it, but didn't pay much attention as it did seem like rubbish.

26 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

What I saw was sort of kind of like that but all animated and was some kind of officer/recruiter screaming at me about the end of the world and defending it. 

6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

What I saw was sort of kind of like that but all animated and was some kind of officer/recruiter screaming at me about the end of the world and defending it. 

You can find the link in your wows folder under profile\debug.log, just search backward from end of the file.

26 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

You can find the link in your wows folder under profile\debug.log, just search backward from end of the file.

The video I saw is not there.

21 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I'm guessing that this might be related:

OMG, that was almost painful to watch, is this WG's try to appeal to a younger audience? 

• Like 1

This is part of the Russian game server's tie in with atomic heart. 

The scarlet thunder ship is a tie in, it has okranoplane styling.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

looks rubbish

More like cringe.

11 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

OMG, that was almost painful to watch, is this WG's try to appeal to a younger audience? 

WG has no idea who they should appeal to. All of the recent collabs, save some old faithful anime stuff, looked like they were throwing darts at a board hoping to hit something, anything.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, o4x4 said:

Looks like a video used as a "teaser" for a future in-game mission or event.

The props used in the video were hitting some "nostalgia buttons", too.
Vintage computer.  Vintage toy.  Vintage tesla coil?  Was that a robot or a vacuum cleaner?  
There are probably a few other "easter eggs" that I missed on my first viewing.  🙂 

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I saw that same video.  He requested to take an aircraft carrier into a game.  I didn't, so I have no idea what was supposed to happen.

44 minutes ago, JER1971 said:

I saw that same video.  He requested to take an aircraft carrier into a game.  I didn't, so I have no idea what was supposed to happen.

I did and nothing happened

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The video that I viewed asked me to sail a Battleship.

I think that video was for me but I didn't get it.

6 hours ago, o4x4 said:

OH      MY      GAWDH  !!!

Who leaked?  Find them!  They knew the penalty.

<Dr. Lizardo voice>  Go ahead and laugh, wolfie boy.  Your time will come.

My plan was revealed years ago when I seized the throne of the Team and declared myself Sir Ducken, Lord of All that is in print.  An intrepid investigator, now sadly no longer with us, guessed the plan and published it.  (How he spontaneously became radioactive is unknown.)  Details aside, in the end I shall be Tsar Ducken, absolute ruler of something.  I'm not sure what.

Someone posted the link to the video I got on reddit. No one has seen anything come of going out and playing the ship types the videos say to. So it's either broken and not working properly (wouldn't surprise me), never intended to actually give you anything to do so (also wouldn't surprise me), or they are tracking if you do and it will be taken into account at a later date or something.

I have to be honest I hate all these "let the players figure it out" things WG comes up with. JUST TELL US!

This is the foolish thing that popped up for me...

• Like 1

I've seen something like this in the game Elite Dangerous where they will rely on players to solve puzzles and mysteries they put in the game world rather than outright tell players what is going on.  That game, however, has an ongoing backstory and an established game universe to drive that kind of activity.  WOWS isn't that kind of game, and this doesn't work well with single-match games like this one.  

If this really is some kind of tie-in with a game not even affiliated with WOWS (assuming the tie in is with the Russian game), then it really has no place being put into ours, either.

Now, if WG wanted to make a backstory world where their game takes place, that would be a different story (literally).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iDuckman said:

<Dr. Lizardo voice>  Go ahead and laugh, wolfie boy.  Your time will come.

My plan was revealed years ago when I seized the throne of the Team and declared myself Sir Ducken, Lord of All that is in print.  An intrepid investigator, now sadly no longer with us, guessed the plan and published it.  (How he spontaneously became radioactive is unknown.)  Details aside, in the end I shall be Tsar Ducken, absolute ruler of something.  I'm not sure what.

I'm thinking you'll be the proud ruler of this ruler.  🙂
image_2023-09-01_211044769.thumb.png.221ee326e03b588cb30cf2ba9e77276e.png

• Haha 1