DevStrike! has appointed a new CM! Read all about it.

I_cant_Swim_

Folks,

In just over 4 weeks, on the 31st of March 2024, my tenure as acting Community Manager (CM) comes to an end. Our CM tenure is otherwise one full year, in two six-month Terms. However, due to the very intensive nature of our first 6 months of existence, we agreed on capping the tenure of our first CM at one Term. Henceforth, the two-term tenure will thus be from April 1st to March 31st of the following year.

Now, although not yet the time for my “Goodbye World” message, I poke the keys for a decidedly more important issue. As we move forward, we the staff are endeavouring to ensure that DevStrike! remains in good hands. Our CM role is crucial: a CM plans and leads developmental projects and collaborations that fit our vision for the future, guides the work of moderators, section managers and others, strives to attain growth and sustainability of the forum while providing a valuable and rewarding experience for our members. Accepting the role of CM is a serious task, for our community is dependent on someone with the right mix of qualities to helm the lead ship of our convoy, to plot and steer the course, to overcome obstacles and adapt in the face of new challenges.

Logically, one of my tasks as acting CM was to find and support a suitable candidate as my successor, someone who nevertheless had to win the confidence of DevStrike! staff through a vote. Folks, I do believe I have succeeded in this task. We have in my eyes someone who ticks all the boxes. He's been working tirelessly on the forum, as both Moderator and Section Manager for the Discussion Forum, and I've additionally abused his willingness to help on many occasions, also drawing on his expertise and humanity. He is also currently working with me on various projects, including an exploratory project with Stack Up, and on Streaming and Teamplay projects using YouTube, Twitch, and Discord. Now, in the month of March, we will have both an incoming and an outgoing CM to ensure as smooth a transition as possible.

So here he is: Folks, please join me in welcoming @HogHammer, who, effective immediately, is our incoming Community Manager for 2024-2025!

I_cant_Swim_

acting DevStrike! Community Manager, 2023-2024

• Like 11
  • Thanks 12

• I_cant_Swim_ featured this topic

@I_cant_Swim_ Thanks so much for the great job you have done in helping start up and run this forum. You really made a lot of people very happy and helped them and me keep playing the game we love to hate. Job well done!!!!!

@HogHammer I couldn't be happier that you are the new CM your a good man. Good luck with your new title it won't be easy having to deal with all us crack pots but you have the right stuff. Thanks for your help in getting this forum off the ground as well.

Also thanks to everyone who helped to get the forum up and running again. 

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I like this forum much better than I did the old WOWS one. Since it has the same members, it must be the administration that is the difference. Keep up the good work!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Folks,

In just over 4 weeks, on the 31st of March 2024, my tenure as acting Community Manager (CM) comes to an end. Our CM tenure is otherwise one full year, in two six-month Terms. However, due to the very intensive nature of our first 6 months of existence, we agreed on capping the tenure of our first CM at one Term. Henceforth, the two-term tenure will thus be from April 1st to March 31st of the following year.

Now, although not yet the time for my “Goodbye World” message, I poke the keys for a decidedly more important issue. As we move forward, we the staff are endeavouring to ensure that DevStrike! remains in good hands. Our CM role is crucial: a CM plans and leads developmental projects and collaborations that fit our vision for the future, guides the work of moderators, section managers and others, strives to attain growth and sustainability of the forum while providing a valuable and rewarding experience for our members. Accepting the role of CM is a serious task, for our community is dependent on someone with the right mix of qualities to helm the lead ship of our convoy, to plot and steer the course, to overcome obstacles and adapt in the face of new challenges.

Logically, one of my tasks as acting CM was to find and support a suitable candidate as my successor, someone who nevertheless had to win the confidence of DevStrike! staff through a vote. Folks, I do believe I have succeeded in this task. We have in my eyes someone who ticks all the boxes. He's been working tirelessly on the forum, as both Moderator and Section Manager for the Discussion Forum, and I've additionally abused his willingness to help on many occasions, also drawing on his expertise and humanity. He is also currently working with me on various projects, including an exploratory project with Stack Up, and on Streaming and Teamplay projects using YouTube, Twitch, and Discord. Now, in the month of March, we will have both an incoming and an outgoing CM to ensure as smooth a transition as possible.

So here he is: Folks, please join me in welcoming @HogHammer, who, effective immediately, is our incoming Community Manager for 2024-2025!

I_cant_Swim_

Thanks for your efforts @I_cant_Swim_.  Glad you've been here and hope you'll stick around and keep us all company.  🙂 

Congratulations @HogHammer.  Good luck in your new position.  🙂 

• Like 5

Yes - All Conditions Normal as it would be stated in the navy log books as such.

Thank you and best of luck to both of you.

• Like 2

Thank you both for all the time and effort you've put into creating and running this forum. The time I spend here reading about the experiences of others plus the expert advice of some is simultaneously enjoyable and educational for me, BZ @I_cant_Swim_ @HogHammer 🫡

Edited by DDG44_Vet
  • Like 3

I thank you @I_cant_Swim_ for your time and effort running this forum, best wishes to @HogHammeron his new position. Fair winds and following seas to you both.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2024 at 10:38 AM, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Folks,

I_cant_Swim_

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I haven't been given a warning from you for saying what I really think of WG screwing this great game.

but on a serous note thank you and CONGRATS to the new man taking charge, looking forward to both of you sinking me in randoms, because everyone else does 

regards to both of you o7 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• HogHammer unfeatured this topic