Lunar NY containers..2 ships!?

Col_NASTY

So I finished the Lunar NY thing.

I got the 10 containers and started opening them.

About the 3rd one it got my attention.

These aren't so bad.

Got a bit of everything , Dubs too!

Then I got these 2.

Sure one is a CV but the other is a T-9 of unknown quality to me right now.

Is this typical or did all my RNG just get evaporated for the next 9 months??

e5rt7ie5t67ie567ie56.png.86634fe70adaf872ce76300a3c986fd9.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

These aren't so bad.

Then I got these 2.

Congrats on your new ships.
The Sanzang is a Pan-Asian clone of the Saipan.
The Bajie is a Pan-Asian variation of the Izumo (with some minor specification differences).

If played well, each can score some damage and contribute to a team's efforts.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

Bajie is a tweaked Izumo. She sacrifices 2s of reload and 0.5 degrees per second turret traverse for almost 4km of additional range and an extra 0.1 sigma.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm looking forward to getting no ships when I finish the event in a few days.

• Like 1

Seems like a lot of players get these in the 10 Premium containers, is it some new Makarov thingy?!

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

These aren't so bad.

Then I got these 2.

Well, this is weird. I got the same ships.

20240229215832_1.thumb.jpg.1368f1209a1f23f469c272a24c9003f5.jpg

20240229215915_1.thumb.jpg.492a0b5cce630376bc38e5c2882bf996.jpg

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Seems like a lot of players get these in the 10 Premium containers, is it some new Makarov thingy?!

No, it’s just simple probability. 10 containers that each have a 10% probability of dropping a ship mean that, on average, each person that completes the event pass will get a ship. Combine this with the typical reporting bias you see with these types of posts (i.e. more people posting about getting multiple ships/good rewards than those who got none or the expected one ship) and I don’t see the reason to suspect shenanigans.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Well you get 10 containers, with a 10% per container chance to pull a premium and only four to choose from. So many players will end up a ship from this, and with only four options the same ones will show up a lot.

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm looking forward to getting no ships when I finish the event in a few days.

It seems that many of us came away with two ships.....  Seems to be the standard/average;  because,  WG hates me and if someone was going to get pocked, it would be me....  And yet, two ships for me as well.....

• Haha 3

I received no ships. But I was happy nonetheless.

Out of 1o premium containers I netted 52k coal, 2ook cexp, 3o-something k fxp and two sets of boosters for ship xp.

I was pretty thrilled actually because I am now only 7ok coal from getting the USS Black. And I only had 2 bad drops out of 1o as the ship xp I have an abundance of them.

I had used some saved dubs respec-ing Z-44 and I needed to respec Fletcher so I then had plenty of cexp.

But it sounds like everyone is making out pretty good and it really turned a dull event pass into a pretty decent one. The pay row seemed kind of sad actually.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

Well, this is weird. I got the same ships.

Congrats 🙂 

4 hours ago, Asym said:

It seems that many of us came away with two ships.....  Seems to be the standard/average;  because,  WG hates me and if someone was going to get pocked, it would be me....  And yet, two ships for me as well.....

As Aldaris would say in StarCraft...

"We shall see..."

• Like 1

As I wrote in another thread 2 ships, but if I recall we had through the years got a few containers before so for us that got two the guarantee drop might have been a factor, but I can not recall how many because I only write down/follow supercontainers and Santas Drops.

If I add X-numeber of containers that I have had earlier years which gave 0 ships (that much I know), the 2 in 10 is not that strange. Those who got 4 that  i have seen post of are statistically very lucky. But given that is a free BP reward I think that most players got the crates so we will expect some good results.

• Like 1

Only got the Alsace clone. I'm not too sad about it though since I'm not a CV player, and the Charles Martel clone is a straight downgrade. Although I would have preferred Baijie, something is better than nothing. 

• Like 1

I netted the two French ship clones in my container rolls.

WoW_2024_CNY_FPass10.jpg

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

No, it’s just simple probability. 10 containers that each have a 10% probability of dropping a ship mean that, on average, each person that completes the event pass will get a ship. Combine this with the typical reporting bias you see with these types of posts (i.e. more people posting about getting multiple ships/good rewards than those who got none or the expected one ship) and I don’t see the reason to suspect shenanigans.

14 hours ago, Darlith said:

Well you get 10 containers, with a 10% per container chance to pull a premium and only four to choose from. So many players will end up a ship from this, and with only four options the same ones will show up a lot.

I understand how probability works but I had just missed how small pool of ships they actually picked from (4). So, now it makes sense that most seem to get the same ships (like the whole Makarov incident).

13 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

As I said before, this is a crazy good BP. One of the best we ever got

Imho the first is still the best, but this is also very good. The most sensational thing is that the free pass is always so much better then the payed one, so curious about how many actually buy them.

Hi all,

As expected 0 (ZERO) ships for me from those 10 Premium crates... 9 useless ones and 1 with 12.500 Coal...

Leo "Apollo11"

I too expected nothing, IMHO that is the way to deal with the game.  Got my 10 crates and got three ships (Wukong, Sanzang, and Wujing, 8 days premium time, 12k coal, 99k ECXP, and some boosters.... It was probably the most unbelievable haul I have gotten since that first Santa Crates event where I got a ton of ships, all of high tier (I owned all the cheap stuff from tier 2-6).  Now the Wunkong is the only ship I will probably ever use but the really nice thing was I got 3 ten point captains that I can assign to other ships.  I am truly dumbfounded by this kind of luck.  I think I will buy a lotto ticket on the way to the vet this morning.... 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

As expected 0 (ZERO) ships for me from those 10 Premium crates... 9 useless ones and 1 with 12.500 Coal...

Leo "Apollo11"

So you find blue boosters useless Leo? Or did you get too many Premiumdays draws? Very unlucky then.

30 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

So you find blue boosters useless Leo? Or did you get too many Premiumdays draws? Very unlucky then.

I only use blue boosters on one ship...my Midway.

They aren't as valuable as most people and WG staff think.

8 hours ago, Kynami said:

I netted the two French ship clones in my container rolls.

WoW_2024_CNY_FPass10.jpg

I also like the blue boosters especially the 30 blue boosters for credits that's a nice blue booster to get.

On 2/29/2024 at 1:21 PM, Col_NASTY said:

These aren't so bad.

Then I got these 2.

Hey Man congrats on your ships,, i kind of like the Bajie,, more strait up for its a izumo with a really awesome camo !   i dont do well with it,, but i look great while i sink from sub torps !!  

I managed to get the Wukong from the 10 premium crates .. not sure what im suppose to do with it yet,, i tried a meme AA build because it comes with so many def. aa buttons.. but its not that impressive..   no RDR,no hydro, no smoke,, No heals..  not sure what im supposed to do with it at tier 8 in a tier 10 world..  any  thoughts?

No ships for me; not even any coal. I got some dubs, CXP, FXP, and blue boosters. Still, free stuff is free.

• Like 1

I got triplets .......... !

image.thumb.jpeg.e94ab63a458d9843aae6e90ddfdd935e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2b42e6d91a2e9f261e53c215aa5db56e.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.37f287551868fc0586bc87c6a3af51db.jpeg

Probably wont be playing any of them tho.

• Like 2