Gneisenau Cpt buildout

Aethervox

I have 10 pts spent on Cpt so for 2nd  4 pt skill do I take CE? Is CE worth it for T7 BBs? 

3 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

I have 10 pts spent on Cpt so for 2nd  4 pt skill do I take CE? Is CE worth it for T7 BBs? 

It really depends on what mode you're playing with Gneisenau. She's one of my most played ships and let me say in random battles you'll want to do a bog standard BB build, however when it comes to ranked then you can forgor CE and go a brawling build because she has very nice secondaries for the tier.

What is bog standard BB build? Atm I use in Gneise PM, GtG, BoS & FPE. I really only play randoms - no longer bother with ranked

8 hours ago, Aethervox said:

What is bog standard BB build? Atm I use in Gneise PM, GtG, BoS & FPE. I really only play randoms - no longer bother with ranked

Attention @BOBTHEBALL

For Gneisenau I also mount MAM1, DCSM1, ASM1 & DCSM2. Would you change any of these?

1 minute ago, Aethervox said:

Is my build that bad? 

Not at all; just asking Bob to explain "BOG."  I'm sure you are not the only one unfamiliar with the term.  

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Aethervox said:

bog-standard

adjective

1. Ordinary, basic.
Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License • More at Wordnik

Bog standard

What's the meaning of the phrase 'Bog standard'?

Things which are 'bog standard' are those which are basic and unrefined - run of the mill.
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/bog-standard.html

22 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Things which are 'bog standard' are those which are basic and unrefined - run of the mill.

OK, I'm not up on all slang terms but this one is a head scratcher, the idea of 'standard', as in a standard build is fully understandable. When it comes to 'bog' most would think of peat bog or swampy, etc. Just how 'bog' relates to standard is, frankly, illogical (&, also, to some, stupid). Surely, the letters b-o-g stand for three words?

1 hour ago, Aethervox said:

OK, I'm not up on all slang terms but this one is a head scratcher, the idea of 'standard', as in a standard build is fully understandable. When it comes to 'bog' most would think of peat bog or swampy, etc. Just how 'bog' relates to standard is, frankly, illogical (&, also, to some, stupid). Surely, the letters b-o-g stand for three words?

I provided quotes with links inside them, for further reading (if one were so inclined).  Otherwise you can do your own internet searching for additional information.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

On 2/29/2024 at 4:41 PM, Aethervox said:

The bog standard build is this:

image.thumb.png.f5bc394a5069e4fe0792ce00e08f23a1.png

And if you only play random battles with her I would choose something along these lines. The 1p skill can be changed though because German BB HE is horrendously bad, I would go PM if I was using Gneisenau in random battles.

As for your build currently, for 10p it's not that bad but I would go IRPR instead of BOS.

The upgrades you should go areL

Main arnaments mod 1 or Damage control party mod 1

Damage control system mod 1

Aiming systems mod 1

Damage control systems mod 2 or Propulsion mod 1

image.png.4a5c92fb82d3bb84ba6657221f1c8915.png

This is my Gnesienau, she used to be my most played ship in-game back when I was newer. I have a secondary spec build and captain because I would only use her for ranked or brawls.

Hope this helps!

- Boob 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Aethervox said:

For Gneisenau I also mount MAM1, DCSM1, ASM1 & DCSM2. Would you change any of these?

Just saw this, yep that's all good. For the final slot depending on your preference I'd go prop or damage control mod.

• Like 1