I have resisted for all these years.. But it's time..

Col_NASTY

After 13 STRAIGHT Games in my full AA Halland with no CV (while trying to finish the last 9 planes on the shoot down mission) Just for giggles I took out the WORST DD with the WORST AA and guess what???

SUPER CV!

I am officially running for President of the Tinfoil hat society.🤪

JvFFVmatwWHVQPjDcGkFxELgGtwNAntRtiqDuEyxyvo2Vqgwje8EPzR8QBztbcbU9tFLGWdTCY9s8U1aagfdmJpBr2gdYHRWFLZPnhNW2xXPNdWLXb7Jok2wPhyxKTq9vsz2wkq2CM.gif.1a7b8f7cdd70f820f6a8b44233d3c813.gif

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

JvFFVmatwWHVQPjDcGkFxELgGtwNAntRtiqDuEyxyvo2Vqgwje8EPzR8QBztbcbU9tFLGWdTCY9s8U1aagfdmJpBr2gdYHRWFLZPnhNW2xXPNdWLXb7Jok2wPhyxKTq9vsz2wkq2CM.gif.1a7b8f7cdd70f820f6a8b44233d3c813.gif

Welcome to the club  Smile_glasses.gif.ad42a1d7c6a3da5c4b37a0

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

After 13 STRAIGHT Games in my full AA Halland with no CV (while trying to finish the last 9 planes on the shoot down mission) Just for giggles I took out the WORST DD with the WORST AA and guess what???

SUPER CV!

This has been my experience for years. CV.....CV.....CV.....CV......CV......CV ...... pick my Halland ................................................................................................................................

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

But apparently the CV/MM Gods hasn't been aware of a new ship that even beats Halland in AA, Golden Lion! So now I just pick Golden instead and get boat load of AA Acheivements.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

This has been my experience for years. CV.....CV.....CV.....CV......CV......CV ...... pick my Halland ................................................................................................................................

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

But apparently the CV/MM Gods hasn't been aware of a new ship that even beats Halland in AA, Golden Lion! So now I just pick Golden instead and get boat load of AA Acheivements.

Ok so I soiled myself and played a CV in a random ( sorry )   Shot down 4 planes with fighters and got 11 Bomb hits.

NONE of it was added to the counts on the mission.

I'm so Done here.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

SUPER CV!

Except it's real...not a conspiracy.

Others have noted this behavior by the MM.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Except it's real...not a conspiracy.

Others have noted this behavior by the MM.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

image.jpeg.1d7e8a37dc2ba57bd1c039f57a71b00f.jpeg

A good # of others 😲 have implied (said?) I have been a full fledged member for years 😁 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Went and got the ship 4 more games no CV.. Got 4 other planes though.. Back in Halland GUESS WHAT NO CV

Yeah last hours of the mission and no CVs all day!!

CVS ALWAYS in the Cue x4 but NONE

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Which mission is this?

14 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Went and got the ship 4 more games no CV.. Got 4 other planes though.. Back in Halland GUESS WHAT NO CV

Yeah last hours of the mission and no CVs all day!!

CVS ALWAYS in the Cue x4 but NONE

Only way to get a CV in a Halland is to Div up with a mate in a CV, then MM dont have a choice than to give you one.

But gotta say, take away the Zero counterplay to subs, Golden Lion is a Monster at dealing with CVs and hybrids, even enemy Legendary Goldens. Squadrons just evaporate when they come close. Can also recommend buying the Legendary mod for GL if you own it, it becomes a totally new and stronger ship with it. think I gotten a 70% boost in damage with that module alone.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Only way to get a CV in a Halland is to Div up with a mate in a CV, then MM dont have a choice than to give you one.

giphy.gif  

• Like 4

Same here. All my dutch cruisers are all out AA builds. I hardly ever get CV's, and if I do they avoid me in any way possible. Totally worth it.

Last night I had another dutch cruiser trying to drop me and I just kept shooting wave after wave of the planes down, not a single drop made it to me lol. 

Edited by mashed68

On 2/28/2024 at 3:49 PM, Col_NASTY said:

Ok so I soiled myself and played a CV in a random ( sorry )   Shot down 4 planes with fighters and got 11 Bomb hits.

I'm so Done here.

You’re certainly done trying to use a CV to complete the mission…

A few years back I decided it was time to try my hand at DDs. I started grinding the US DD line as well as picking up some coal DDs.

I got increasingly annoyed that the bot CVs which were always present in my COOP matches were constantly all over me. Now let me be VERY clear ... the overwhelming majority of matches that I entered with a tech tree US destroyer included a bot CV even when there was no player CV.

I decided that I might as well get some benefit of being the target of choice of every CV I encountered, so I changed out every Engine Boost I could to Defensive AA fire. That way I'd at least get some aircraft kills.

You all know where this is going. As soon as I did that the number of bot CVs being spawned in the matches I was in decreased markedly. And on those ocassions where one did spawn ... it somehow automatically knew that I was not a good target without ever sending a plane near me and chose other targets.

I should note:

Yes ... this is anecdotal. However I asked about it on the old forums and many people confirmed that they had the same experience.

This was about 1.5 to 2 years ago as  I haven't seriously pursued DD play since as I'm just not inspired to ... so can't offer recent observations. I still trot out a DD from time to time, but not enough to gather a meaningful data set.

• Like 1