Bad news from Jngles :(.....

Andrewbassg

Here is the latest update from Jingles regarding his cancer news...

Edited by HogHammer
  • Like 3
  • Sad 16

Damn it. This is like 2015 were I lost 5 people in my life. Granted my POV with Jingles is on-line, however I always look to him in the week. He is a voice of reason in gaming.

It sucks to be a Monday.

• Sad 1

HI all,

Darn... absolutely terribad news...because of him and his videos I stared playing WoWs in Open BETA so many years ago... very sad... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

As far as I could tell, the cancer diagnosis isn't confirmed yet...but still.

First Jingles video I ever watched… hate to hear this for the man.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Thanks for sharing the news.  Best wishes to The Mighty Jingles and his cherished ones.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

As far as I could tell, the cancer diagnosis isn't confirmed yet...but still.

Yeah, the FIT test tests for the presence of blood in the stool which can be caused by any number of conditions (including colon cancer). Jingles will need to get further tests to determine the cause of the blood. My dad had this happen last year and it turned out that he has diverticulitis, the gastrologist told my dad that the FIT test has something like a 70% false positive rate. 

That said I'll be cheering for Jingles and hoping the best for him!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I've never watched any of his videos (perhaps, I should have). I hope he has a good resolution to his health issue. I do have his Cpt on a Medea on my EU account :). 

• Like 1

I can't believe how old Jingles looks for only 53. Wish him the best.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

I've never watched any of his videos (perhaps, I should have). I hope he has a good resolution to his health issue. I do have his Cpt on a Medea on my EU account :). 

Part of the reason I started playing WOWs was because I found his videos entertaining and decided to try the game.

• Like 3

Just now, Snargfargle said:

I can't believe how old Jingles looks for only 53.

I couldn't believe he was two years younger than me.  I thought he was older, probably because of his beard.  😄 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I can't believe how old Jingles looks for only 53. Wish him the best.

41 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I couldn't believe he was two years younger than me.  I thought he was older, probably because of his beard.  😄 

LOL. You guys are 'kids' to me, lol. Tho, as I'm such a 'kid' myself, it's all relative (&, maybe, I'm younger than you both) 🙂 😁

Edited by Aethervox
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

LOL. you guys are 'kids' to me, lol. Tho, as I'm such a 'kid' myself, it's all relative (&, maybe, I'm younger than you both) 🙂 😁

Am not exactly a little bird out of the nest either to be fair. 😅

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

LOL. you guys are 'kids' to me, lol. Tho, as I'm such a 'kid' myself, it's all relative (&, maybe, I'm younger than you both) 🙂 😁

I'm almost 15 years older than Paul but I don't think I look as old as he does. People show their age differently and having two illnesses probably doesn't help any either. My ex-girlfriend's brother died of colon cancer only a few months after he was diagnosed. Let's hope that Paul's cancer is more treatable. My next-door neighbor, who is ten years older than me, wrecked his ATV while out working cattle a couple of years ago and when they did a scan they found a spot on his bladder. The small tumor was excised and that was that, no more cancer. Those four broken ribs probably saved his life.

• Like 3

Whichever doctor told him that a FIT test is 100% diagnostic of cancer needs to be kicked up the aft so hard his eyeballs go into orbit. 

If his doctor did not, in fact, tell him that a FIT test is 100% diagnostic of cancer, this raises a different set of concerns, none of them medical. 

• Like 4

I did these on Bing AI for creating images and was surprised on the outcomes. I notice the Gnome's coffee cup was very good render.

OIG3a.jpg

OIG1 (1).jpg

OIG2.jpg

OIG2 (1).jpg

OIG1.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Damn. 

I second that, hope its early stage and fully curable

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Yeah, the FIT test tests for the presence of blood in the stool which can be caused by any number of conditions (including colon cancer). Jingles will need to get further tests to determine the cause of the blood. My dad had this happen last year and it turned out that he has diverticulitis, the gastrologist told my dad that the FIT test has something like a 70% false positive rate. 

That said I'll be cheering for Jingles and hoping the best for him!

I experienced this last spring. Further testing proved it to be a false positive. Still a scary thing when you are dealing with it. I hope the best for him!

• Like 8

The worse is not knowing what your really dealing with yet. I really hope god gives you the strength to overcome whatever lies ahead for you Mr. Jingles. My prayers are with you and the family.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

I experienced this last spring. Further testing proved it to be a false positive. Still a scary thing when you are dealing with it. I hope the best for him!

Absolutely, it's very nerve racking. My dad's positive Cologuard test was in May, he had a CAT scan in July which was clear and revealed no issues, and then he had a colonoscopy in August which resulted in him being diagnosed with diverticulitis along with having several small polyps removed. We were basically holding our breaths for 4 months although I think the clear CAT scan basically ruled out cancer.

Edited by CFagan_1987
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Absolutely, it's very nerve racking. My dad's positive Cologuard test was in May, he had a CAT scan in July which was clear and revealed no issues, and then he had a colonoscopy in August which resulted in him being diagnosed with diverticulitis along with having several small polyps removed. We were basically holding our breaths for 4 months although I think the clear CAT scan basically ruled out cancer.

That was pretty much my experience, except no diverticulitis. Best of luck to your dad. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

.....because of him and his videos...

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Part of the reason I started playing WOWs was because I found his videos entertaining and decided to try the game.

Yep, same here.

People, please consider leaving him a comment and perhaps watching his videos and  like them, it will help him with his quest and his journey......

• Like 5