Another Brawl with specific ship type requirements - very very very long loading times again...

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Another Brawl with specific ship type requirements - very very very long loading times again... 5+ minutes...

shot-24_02.26_09_37.27-0909.thumb.jpg.e2e00565c89c5d64f08e81c2a817d294.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

Hi all,

5 minutes ago, Bai7200 said:

Yep and by the looks of it, SUBS and CV´s are "welcome" to.....

Hmmm... no... just 2x Cruiser + 3x Destroyer...

Leo "Apollo11"

they could just make only BB brawl mode, since everything else is too complcated for them

• Like 2

Hi all,

17 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

they could just make only BB brawl mode, since everything else is too complcated for them

And with such long waiting time for Cruisers they very very often get AFK whole match (i.e. Players never check when they finally get into game)... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

People waiting forever in cruisers or the other brawls in battleships really is their own fault.

I usually play destroyers so it is never a problem for me. This brawl is a bit more challenging for DDs because you are facing more than one more often. I admit I had a rough morning with it. [Still 5o% wr for the morning] But it was hard fought. I have some rl to do this after-noon and will try again later.

But it is still my contention that brawls is a great proving ground for other pvp modes. I generally increase my skills with this practice.

• Like 3

Just now, thornzero said:

People waiting forever in cruisers or the other brawls in battleships really is their own fault.

I usually play destroyers so it is never a problem for me. This brawl is a bit more challenging for DDs because you are facing more than one more often. I admit I had a rough morning with it. [Still 5o% wr for the morning] But it was hard fought. I have some rl to do this after-noon and will try again later.

But it is still my contention that brawls is a great proving ground for other pvp modes. I generally increase my skills with this practice.

No its not their own fault, they are playing the ships they are best used to drive. The second a BB captain picks a DD and sucks at it, people will start screaming at him.

WG should have learned by now that this do not work, i had two battles this morning before giving up, the first 6+min a cloose fight, the second 6+ complete run away for the enemy team was in reality over before it really started. This Brawl will be without me in it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

very very very long loading times again... 5+ minutes...

5 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Yup, very much what the thorn dude said... you wait that much because you want to wait that much... 

I'm always amazed at how much suffering people is willing to endure just in order to not change their ways... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bai7200 said:

No its not their own fault, they are playing the ships they are best used to drive.

100% their own fault for not learning to play other ship types.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi all,

21 minutes ago, thornzero said:

Nope... it is NOT their own fault... in order for Brawl to initialize you need 2x Cruiser and 4x Destroyer... without Cruiser here is no game...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

to me they should just make brawls for each class only and it would be fun also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Nope... it is NOT their own fault... in order for Brawl to initialize you need 2x Cruiser and 4x Destroyer... without Cruiser here is no game...

There is 1oo cruisers in the queue at any given moment causing a 5 minute or more delay until you play a match.

While it takes one second to load for a DD.

What you said is obvious. That there would be no match with no cruisers but the crux of the topic is the overwhelming amount of choices of cruisers.

Which is funny because someone in one of the matches in chat said to someone, you waited 5 minutes to play that cruiser?

Personal choice is at fault here. Not WG and not the brawl set-up.

No offence, but cruisers are the worst - only my opinion. I play them sometimes when necessary but horribly. Suffice to say, I am a bit biased.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

We've "been there and done that" already.

The Battleships only brawls mode became a snooze festival of BB's remaining outside of secondary-battery range and lobbing main-gun shots from maximum range.
Some people, like myself, tried to get close and make things interesting. 
But, it didn't always work out and eventually I decided there was more fun to be had in other game modes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

We've "been there and done that" already.

The Battleships only brawls mode became a snooze festival of BB's remaining outside of secondary-battery range and lobbing main-gun shots from maximum range.
Some people, like myself, tried to get close and make things interesting. 
But, it didn't always work out and eventually I decided there was more fun to be had in other game modes.

make it small maps only, full brawl mode

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

7 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Another Brawl with specific ship type requirements - very very very long loading times again... 5+ minutes...

shot-24_02.26_09_37.27-0909.thumb.jpg.e2e00565c89c5d64f08e81c2a817d294.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

Yesterday I was sailing my Submarine in brawls mode and DD's and CV's were in some of the matches.
So, today there's a more restricted matchmaking?

2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Yeah, "Well, there's yer problem, eh?".  🙂 

IF the matchmaker simply grabbed the first-come/first-served and didn't care what ship type they were sailing, then the teams could load quickly.
But, for "reasons" it's being more choosy, eh?
If matchmaking allowed 5 bb's versus 5 bb's, then the queue time could be minimal.

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yesterday I was sailing my Submarine in brawls mode and DD's and CV's were in some of the matches.
So, today there's a more restricted matchmaking?

Each session of Brawls starts on Monday and runs for a week.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Each session of Brawls starts on Monday and runs for a week.

Thanks.  
For the past hour or so, I've been bouncing between the forum and brawls mode.
Today it is Cruisers and DD's.
I've had some interesting times while sailing my Halford for experimental purposes.

4 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

100% their own fault for not learning to play other ship types.

Oh no, people want to play the ships they enjoy playing. Such jerks. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mashed68 said:

I've been playing in brawls, today.
The format is "6 versus 6" with two Cruisers and four Destroyers per team.

So, yeah.  The cruiser players are experiencing a "bottleneck" in the queue.
Which begs the questions about why there aren't more games being allowed on the server to help process the numbers and/or a relaxation of the matchmaking rules to get a different ratio of ships on each team?  

7 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

Then don't complain about long queue times... it was your choice.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

30 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Then don't complain about long queue times... it was your choice.

Where does that phrase 'patience young grasshopper' originate? - Quora

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wg could solve this in a easy way, just make plain cruiser teams, or 5 cruisers+2 DD`s.

But it has to be difficult apparently.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bai7200 said:

Wg could solve this in a easy way, just make plain cruiser teams, or 5 cruisers+2 DD`s.

But it has to be difficult apparently.

There had been brawls of every type, if this one is not of your liking just wait for the next, there had been brawls for single ship types before... tho there's something you are not getting about the current comp and that's the role of the minority type... the minority type is logically the "apex" predator, it's common sense in order to keep both types enjoyable. Would you stopped to think how it would be the play experience of a DD vs 5 Cruisers, or a Cruiser vs 5 BBs?.

It's not difficult to make a comp of 5 apex vs 2 prey... just stupid.

• Thanks 2