Wow...just wow.

SoshiSone

Funny thing is I didn't notice until the game ended.  Appeared we were winning, but still not a gimmie.  Then they lost four or five in quick succession and bam...game over.  I was the pushing BB on my flank.  Shot at by every type.  CV, BB, CA, DD, SS.  Seemed constant from firrst engage until game ending.  So while it ended in a blow out...it was really intense for me.  Oh, and those four kills.  CA, BB, DD, and SS.  And I was chasing the CV when the game ended.  When an SS gets killed by a MA (5km) air strike, mistakes were made.  He did get four torps into me.

shot-24_02.26_00_23.46-0491.thumb.jpg.2af44fbbda792250958c574a7e256edc.jpg

• Like 6

'Appeared we were winning but still not a gimme. Then they lost four or five in quick succession ...'  Your team, by admission, was already up by five ships & you claim your 'roflstomp' 10 - 0 result was not a gimmie win? ROFL. 

Edited by Aethervox

Thing is, you can be engaged in a good fight and fail to notice the game devolving on the opposite flank. Sure it's lack of map awareness on the mini map, but easy to do when your in the heat of an intense exchange "in the moment".

Happened to me the other day, the reds just collapsed all of a sudden and it was over. Just like that.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

• Like 2

How long was the battle?

None from your team got sunk. 10 ships on the enemy team were destroyed. Did the reds fail to put up a good fight?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

None from your team got sunk.

Exactly. How did it come that the red team hasn't been able to sink a single ship?! Must have been kind of extreme MM + RNG to make that possible. 

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

4 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Did the reds fail to put up a good fight?

In my little bubble (in the moment) it felt like they put up a good fight.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

How long was the entire battle?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

Exactly. How did it come that the red team hasn't been able to sink a single ship?! Must have been kind of extreme MM + RNG to make that possible. 

Normally I'd be speculating that I was on that team, but since this was on NA, that possibility seems rather remote.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

Well, it can be: it’s possible that a red team and a green team can run neck-and-neck for damage, and the reds fairly uniformly take 75-80% of the health away from every green ship. If the greens do similar total damage, but have focus-fired (by plan or coincidence) a little more effectively, a number of red ships and guns can leave the map in short order, then the unequal remaining firepowers doesn’t allow the reds to keep up, and a quick disintegration results.

8 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

you can be engaged in a good fight and fail to notice the game devolving on the opposite flank. Sure it's lack of map awareness on the mini map,

Very good players (much better than me) advise you stay on the map where you spawn & deal with the enemy in front of you - that this is the tactic to follow even when you are under tiered vs your closest opponents (very revealing how War Failing does that a lot, isn't it?). Hence, one can be very focused on surviving & doing what one can & not being too aware of the other side of the map. We all know there's 12 players (usually) & anyone who says the battle is all on you (one player) is an outright liar. It's not lack of map awareness if you are focused & doing your part in your section of the battle.

2 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Yes, one can think that - more, I think, due to feeling one's own good fight.

5 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

How did it come that the red team hasn't been able to sink a single ship?! Must have been kind of extreme MM + RNG to make that possible.

i would suspect either of these reasons myself. Most everyone with any brains dislikes roflstomps whether a loss (never liked) or a win (not always liked). I'd say it's extreme MM (WG 'barf') + RNG (another way WG 'barfs') that cause roflstomps (that & a few (or more) really bad players on the one team (doesn't take many does it?). &, the question remains ... does WG even care (about roflstomps)?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OT2_2 said:

"This is MM, the all-knowing and all-seeing.  To whom am I speaking?"

• Haha 1
  • Bored 1

1 minute ago, Jakob Knight said:

"This is MM, the all-knowing and all-seeing.  To whom am I speaking?"

Sometimes I turn-off my abilities to give them some rest and so that life can remain a mystery and a pleasant surprise.  😉 
th?id=OIP.XUDbRYNwqkmaVV8IG0rlogHaJ4%26p

• Haha 3
  • Bored 1

6 hours ago, Frostbow said:

How long was the entire battle?

9 minutes 4 seconds.

Here's the kill timeline:

1640: 1

1430: 2

1344: 1

1229: 1

1212: 2