Lunar New Year Battle Pass, Feb 2024

desmo_2

Like many of you, this edition of Battle Pass provided very little interest for me.  Ugly permanent camo is useless to me.

The 'final reward' on the free tree is 10 Journey to the West premium containers.

I did pretty well with those, I suppose.  A Pan-Asian CV I have never seen in game or even heard of is about as useful to me as the ugly permanent camo.  I have also never seen or heard of the cruiser, but I'll give it a spin.  Two free Tier 8's offer two more prizes when the snowflake events come around.

I have yet to turn down free stuff!

shot-24.02.25_06.45.51-0112.jpg

shot-24.02.25_06.50.45-0962.jpg

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

Like many of you, this edition of Battle Pass provided very little interest for me.  Ugly permanent camo is useless to me.

The 'final reward' on the free tree is 10 Journey to the West premium containers.

I did pretty well with those, I suppose.  A Pan-Asian CV I have never seen in game or even heard of is about as useful to me as the ugly permanent camo.  I have also never seen or heard of the cruiser, but I'll give it a spin.  Two free Tier 8's offer two more prizes when the snowflake events come around.

The Sanzang is a Pan-Asian clone of the Saipan.
Congratulations on your new ships.  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i dont like the linked camo  prefer to choose what i want  . so much camo  in the inventory that cant be sold   and i dont understand if somthing cant be sold why is it in the inventory in the first place they should take out these items .

3rd BP i think that doesnt have and RB points in it 

so called compensation for techtree ships in BP if you already have  ( heres this point  , why techtree ships  )( further information  i  already have the 2 pan asian ships like many players do  , but ive never reciever any compensation for it ) 

all in all this has been the 3rd update in a row that i have had ZERO intrest in and have been playing less of the game because of it 

also i  would like to point out so many missions being automaticaly  given to us to complete even if we have no intrest in 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I have also never seen or heard of the cruiser, but I'll give it a spin.

You know in Alien Resurrection where you see the unsuccessful Ripley clones? Wukong is sort of like that; only a semi-successful clone of Charles.

I quite like her for Coop, but I believe the feeling is that the OG version is better...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I have also never seen or heard of the cruiser, but I'll give it a spin.  Two free Tier 8's offer two more prizes when the snowflake events come around.

Wukong is a Charles Martel with a few tradeoffs in regards to her torps and consumables:

Hydro or DFAA -> DFAA

Fighter -> Spotter

Speed Boost and MBRB -> TRB

9km torps -> 12km deep water torps

While she’s a better torpedo boat than Charles Martel, most don’t consider the loss of speed boost, MBRB, and hydro to be worth it.

That being said, she’s still probably the best drop to get from the containers, as she at least offers something substantially different from Charles Martel. Two of the other ships are clones (Saipan and Alsace) while the third is a slightly tweaked Izumo that trades a bit of ROF for slightly better sigma.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Sanzang is a Buddhist monk, scientist, philosopher, traveler, and translator. He is not only an eminent person, but also the main character from "Journey to the West", a novel by Wu Cheng'en.

Sanzang was first released in "Lunar New Year" containers on 20 Jan 2021 on all servers.

its actually a siapan

• Like 3

All I got was 8 days of Premium time, 200,000 free Commander XP, 100,000 Free XP and almost 24,000 coal, I think I did alright

• Like 3

On 2/25/2024 at 2:01 PM, desmo_2 said:

I got the exact same wins as you the CV in my first box and the cruiser in my 8th. So I do not feel it necessary to put up similar pictures. Am happy with 2 ships in 10 boxes, it is at least snowflakes but I doubt I play any of them. Fantasy captains go into reserve. They are not my thing but together with the other 8 boxes, 1 coal, I elite XP and 5 Blue boosters + 8 days premium, it is hard to complain about the final reward of the free BP. It is like you wonder if they reversed the final rewards of the free vs paid BP by mistake. The difference in end reward is extreme to the Free BPs favour IMO.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 1

I just opened mine.

I got the Bajie, 15 days premium time and 2500 doubloons, and some signals.

• Like 1

In order: 

99,000 ECXP

15 x 2400% FXP bonus

99,000 ECXP (I would actually have been quite happy if all ten containers had been this, as I'm trying to get my special commanders who aren't already there to 21 points)

8 days premium time

1250 doubloons

8 days premium time

8 days premium time

15 x 800% ship XP bonus

15 x 800% commander XP bonus

15 x 160% credits bonus

Not bad for a patch's work, if I do say so myself. 

• Like 2

Of course, the Bajie is just a copy & paste of the Izumo, which I have.

However, it is a premium ship, so running costs will be lower.

At this time, I am not going to use it. I will leave it in port.

• Like 1

Wukong seems to be the fourth worst performing cruiser in the tier. TRB for 3 tubes per side is just a really silly gimmick. I don't hate it though, I don't expect cruisers to do anything anyway. 

Sanzang is the best Saipan because it looks like somebody put a french fries carton on top of a Carrier. Also I think the special chinese commander does something for it? Anyway it's carrier. Nohwere near the effectiveness of Kaga, Chkalol or even Aquila, but it can perform.

Alsace clone is the laziest premium ever, but you get T9 premium economy on a ships that isn't Marlborough or Hizen. 

And Bajie is slightly more ranged, more accurate Izumo with worse reload. With T9 premium eco! Worth playing for credits certainly. 

• Like 1

The star is the Wujing from mine, even if it turns out to be a dog it is still a t9 premium for just playing the game. Also got 40days premium which I can always use more of, 12,500 coal, 32,000 fxp, and some blue boosters. 

Wujing's a fun ship, and a good credit earner with Tier IX Premium economy.

I got Bajie and Wujing after buying the 7,500 doubloon "Journey to the West" sequential bundle in February 2023 (also got Collingwood, but that is irrelevant to this thread).  I probably got lucky with gambling, but those were dubs well spent!

I know they are clones, or near-clones, of tech tree ships, but I play Bajie and Wujing from time to time.  I do pretty well with them, and I think their "special" status equals more credit income than their tech tree counterparts.

I have only played Wukong once in Random, but finished 2nd on my winning team.  She may be a downgrade from her tech tree origin, but I can make her work.

Sanzang will rust in port along with my other freebie premium CV's...Kaga, Kaga B, Saipan, E. Loewenhardt, Ark Royal, Indomitable, and Bearn...all with zero games played in Random.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Wujing's a fun ship, and a good credit earner with Tier IX Premium economy.

I use it in coop when I want to earn a lot of ribbons.  It has a secondary & AA build.

• Like 1

wujing is a T8 french cruiser charles martel  . just like bajie the pan asian versions  feel better  but thats my opinion  , sanzang with its querky look is just as bad as saipan 

then theres san yat sin  the clone of sovietksy soyuz  i feel doesnt play as the original  soviet ship 

1 hour ago, Gaelic_knight said:

wujing is a T8 french cruiser charles martel 

Wujing is an Alsace clone.

Wukong is the tier VIII cruiser.

Edited by Nevermore135

Opened my 10 containers all at once. Not disappointed for being free. Didn't buy the Event Pass for the premium, so getting a tier 9 ship and some premium time for free is nice.

shot-24_02.28_09_37.54-0005.thumb.jpg.cf9c5f6773b420c7092722a0e999ebe5.jpg

• Like 3

This was the best free battle pass ever, where free rewards were better then the paid ones.

Got two prem ships from it, even one of them was Saipan clone and I have Saipan but hey its free.

Other one was perfect Wujing, since I love Alsace this came great as a premium ship.

So yeah this battle pass was great even without to purchase anything.

Edit: also almost everybody I know got at least one ship from those containers.

Edited by Wulf_Ace
  • Like 1