There is nothing more frustrating than a campaign mission to win and be top xp or whatever.

Jakeshuffle

Doesn't matter how many times I get first blood, or how much spotting damage I get. It's...really frustrating and disheartening that I am not good enough to make an impact to even win a game for my team. I play DDs and Cruisers mostly and I can't survive+win+topXP a match to save my digital exploding captain's butt.

28 minutes ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Doesn't matter how many times I get first blood, or how much spotting damage I get. It's...really frustrating and disheartening that I am not good enough to make an impact to even win a game for my team. I play DDs and Cruisers mostly and I can't survive+win+topXP a match to save my digital exploding captain's butt.

Gotta learn to mitigate damage. It's admittingly tough in DDs and cruisers often enough. Gotta learn when to push and when to pull. It allows for at least better trades.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rollingonit said:

Gotta learn to mitigate damage. It's admittingly tough in DDs and cruisers often enough. Gotta learn when to push and when to pull. It allows for at least better trades.

I'm terrible at it, trying to get better though. The more I play the more I realize I'm a bad player. Slowly trying to live to 5 minutes, then to 10 minutes, then 12, etc in the matches.

Edited by Jakeshuffle

2 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

What is the mission?
Can it be completed in Scenario Operations?

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

What is the mission?
Can it be completed in Scenario Operations?

I have to win a Random match as the top xp earner on T10 or 11. In my Black I do just fine, Smaland...it's my own darn fault and I know it lol. I'll try other DDs, but it sucks to suck with the Smaland.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

It is a bit easier when playing Subs. I dont know how many games I played where I done pretty much Fugg-all and gotten 2000+ Base XP and being on top of the leaderboard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Oh there are worse - kill ship of some nation x times, ofc nobody sails that nation ship for obvious reasons while thats on…

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Oh there are worse - kill ship of some nation x times, ofc nobody sails that nation ship for obvious reasons while thats on…

I swear to god you're on to something ha!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jakeshuffle said:

I swear to god you're on to something ha!

I still have PTSD from that ARP event long ago…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

I still have PTSD from that ARP event long ago…

"Sink 50 Guatemalan Ships" Hey....wait a second 😄. Or so how those campaigns feel.

Edited by Jakeshuffle
  • Haha 1

At least the campaigns are permanent. Park the task, forget about it, and the performance pressure will go away. It will then happen when you least expect it. 

In the meantime, repeat the tasks that can be done automatically or easily to get the stars needed to progress. Trying to make some of those campaign missions happen in a hurry is a short way to end up with frontal baldness and a hole ground into your desk. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

I have to win a Random match as the top xp earner on T10 or 11. In my Black I do just fine, Smaland...it's my own darn fault and I know it lol. I'll try other DDs, but it sucks to suck with the Smaland.

23 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

At least the campaigns are permanent. Park the task, forget about it, and the performance pressure will go away. It will then happen when you least expect it. 

In the meantime, repeat the tasks that can be done automatically or easily to get the stars needed to progress. Trying to make some of those campaign missions happen in a hurry is a short way to end up with frontal baldness and a hole ground into your desk. 

So, this is for a "Campaign" (not a temporary event/mission chain that changes with every update).  I think I was slow on the uptake this time.

As @Ensign Cthulhu has pointed out, to complete the stages of a Campaign, one merely needs to repeat the do-able missions to earn enough "stars" to fulfill the quota.
Other difficult missions of the campaign can be allowed to be completed at one's luck & liesure to get the rewards.
The difficult ones may take a while, but there's no time pressure.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Campaigns

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Other difficult missions of the campaign can be allowed to be completed at one's luck & liesure to get the rewards.
The difficult ones may take a while, but there's no time pressure.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Campaigns

I'll put my big boy pants on and drop the hard ones for now, until I get better at the game. I keep forgetting that you can repeat Campaign missions, you just don't get the reward again. One hard part of the game is catching up on Captain's levels and having special ones. After a year, I'm finally getting somewhere though.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

In the meantime, repeat the tasks that can be done automatically or easily to get the stars needed to progress.

^^^THIS^^^ Many players are unaware of this little trick.  Repeating the same tasks in Campaigns will still add up.  Nice tip @Ensign Cthulhu!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Nice tip

Thanks.

I probably need to re-do the guides I created back in the old days. Those seem not to have survived from the old forums, but they probably needed redoing anyway because many of the prizes have changed between then and now (because XP-bonus flags aren't given out any more and there's no longer such a thing as "premium consumables"). That and the Yamamoto campaign is now completable in co-op.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I probably need to re-do the guides I created back in the old days. Those seem not to have survived from the old forums, but they probably needed redoing anyway because many of the prizes have changed between then and now (because XP-bonus flags aren't given out any more and there's no longer such a thing as "premium consumables"). That and the Yamamoto campaign is now completable in co-op.

That would be a very welcome addition here @Ensign Cthulhu.  This issue with Campaigns and how to do them, by the way (tricks of the trade), I picked up on the old forum. 👍

23 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

Ok so if you want me to go into the depths of how to win a game and get easy top on the team I will. HOWEVER, regarding the campaign missions there are several incredibly easy ones (Earn x amount of credits or xp) that can be repeated. In-fact last time I checked they can all be repeated over and over again. What I did as I wasn't the best when I was grinding for Halsey and Yamamoto is that I just repeated the same really easy missions to get access to the final one.

Hope that helps!

- Boob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Ok so if you want me to go into the depths of how to win a game and get easy top on the team I will. 

I may take you up on that sometime. I am good enough to know what I've done wrong after the fact but I'm not good enough to....keep from doing it. If that makes sense. I'm not sure how sweaty I want to get with the game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jakeshuffle said:

I may take you up on that sometime. I am good enough to know what I've done wrong after the fact but I'm not good enough to....keep from doing it. If that makes sense. I'm not sure how sweaty I want to get with the game.

That's totally fine, if you ever want to go into it further just ask away in my help forum so I can see you made a post. GL out there and I hope to see you later!

• Thanks 1

I would avoid doing any requirement for being the top 'player' of that battle &, ofc, to also be a W.

Avoid playing any WG offering that requires this as being the only way to fulfill the requirement.

8 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I would avoid doing any requirement for being the top 'player' of that battle &, ofc, to also be a W.

Avoid playing any WG offering that requires this as being the only way to fulfill the requirement.

It's the permanent campaign tasks - the one to get Halsey has the most difficult to achieve results - and all you get at the end is a once off achievement. Each campaign has 2 achievements you can get. One for just completing it. And the second is for Honours - where you 100% complete every task through every stage. It's for the try hard players.

My advice to non-unicum players is to ignore the With Honours part entirely and only do the tasks you find achievable.

On 2/22/2024 at 7:14 PM, Jakeshuffle said:

Try Ranked. It's easier to achieve top XP with less players around. It's a good way to solve those missions that requiere being top 3 XP. Also remember you can repeat tasks to earn the required number of stars, you don't need to complete each and every task to finish the Campaigns.

10 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Try Ranked. 

I need to be sailing a T10 usually.