PLEASE forgive my kidlike giggles but I have to share...

Col_NASTY

Some things just make all the frustration worth it..

Only ONE thing feels better to a DD main than Dev-striking a Sub WITH TORPS.

Its Dev-striking  a CV with them...

For the win no less.😀

What sent me over the edge and in need of a cigarette  a drink and pillowtalk...

HE IS ON MY BLACKLIST!! ( it's HARD to get on my BL ) 😁

smoking-after-eating_1440402304.gif.ca5a54d03ba550179e69954393abf0ab.gifxfthjdrtyjdtyj.thumb.png.5e8e965b6e62166a091f169f9cb61d22.pngxsftyjsftydjsrtj.thumb.png.fb95c43bebc21f20a3ce42a3cacf3a13.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I had an unusual amount of giggles from a game a couple of hours ago.

I was bottom tier in Renown '44, trying to cap, and had a red Kitakaze hiding behind an island 6-8 km away.  He kept backing his stern out from behind his island, trying to launch torps at me.  So, I'd fire a few random torps at the island edge trying to get lucky with timing and score a hit.  And I did.  It took over 3/4 of his HP, but he persisted with denying me the cap.  I kept trying to hit him with secondaries and kept spitting the few torps I could towards him, while focusing my main guns on farther away cruisers who were also working me over.

A minute or two later, he had another poorly timed emergence from his protective island and I hit him with another torp, which sunk him.  I gave a few fist pumps over it.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

For the win no less.😀

What sent me over the edge and in need of a cigarette  a drink and pillowtalk...

smoking-after-eating_1440402304.gif.ca5a54d03ba550179e69954393abf0ab.gifxfthjdrtyjdtyj.thumb.png.5e8e965b6e62166a091f169f9cb61d22.pngxsftyjsftydjsrtj.thumb.png.fb95c43bebc21f20a3ce42a3cacf3a13.png

Congrats, that had to feel sweet 🫡

• Like 1

Any battle where any garbage reworked CV gets sunk is a good battle. It is, especially, gratifying to sink these crap CVs with a DD (tho any class will do).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

PLEASE forgive my kidlike giggles but I have to share...

For the win no less.😀

Congratulations.  🙂  
CommanderMcBraggApproves_meme_12-14-2022_.thumb.jpg.0ce5ff020cbd60fc7740c30ff0622401.jpg 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I had an unusual amount of giggles from a game a couple of hours ago.

I was bottom tier in Renown '44, trying to cap, and had a red Kitakaze hiding behind an island 6-8 km away.  He kept backing his stern out from behind his island, trying to launch torps at me.  So, I'd fire a few random torps at the island edge trying to get luck with timing and score a hit.  And I did.  It took over 3/4 of his HP, but he persisted with denying me the cap.  I kept trying to hit him with secondaries and kept spitting the few torps I could towards him, while focusing my main guns on farther away cruisers who were also working me over.

A minute or two later, he had another poorly timed emergence from his protective island and I hit him with another torp, which sunk him.  I gave a few fist pumps over it.

Wait.. why am I laughing... I have a Kitakami too...

• Haha 1

You have to wonder when a DD gets close enough to torp and sink a CV (of all ships), how massively did the CV and their team screw up?

Yet, I bet most players would be claiming it was because DDs are unfair, protected by the Devs, and shouldn't be in the game if they were on that team.

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

You have to wonder when a DD gets close enough to torp and sink a CV (of all ships), how massively did the CV and their team screw up?

Yet, I bet most players would be claiming it was because DDs are unfair, protected by the Devs, and shouldn't be in the game if they were on that team.

I was alone  on the opposite Flank of my team and working on spotting damage.  Got a ton of it because they couldn't find me.  The CV was running from the team at flank speed and crossed into range so I could lead it with torps and run before I was spotted.

It was nice to see because I wasn't even CV hunting.🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

I've seen it happen, sometimes while I'm the one playing the CV. 
One of the flanks collapses and most or all of the team's ships on that side of the map are sunk.  Sometimes it happens quickly.
The red-team ships now have clear sailing towards the remainder of the green-team ships and/or map objectives.
Thus, opportunity for a stealthy ship to be sneaky and set-up a torpedo attack.

33 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

I was alone  on the opposite Flank of my team and working on spotting damage.  Got a ton of it because they couldn't find me.  The CV was running from the team at flank speed and crossed into range so I could lead it with torps and run before I was spotted.

It was nice to see because I wasn't even CV hunting.🙂

"Well played."  🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I've seen it happen, sometimes while I'm the one playing the CV. 
One of the flanks collapses and most or all of the team's ships on that side of the map are sunk.  Sometimes it happens quickly.
The red-team ships now have clear sailing towards the remainder of the green-team ships and/or map objectives.
Thus, opportunity for a stealthy ship to be sneaky and set-up a torpedo attack.

"They have not all been accounted for, the lost seeing stones.  We do not know who else may be watching!"

"The hour is later than you think..."

If you're a CV and you don't know where an enemy DD is, you need to find it.  If you haven't seen it for a while near your teammates, it's probably near you.  I can see a DD hiding from other types of ships, but a CV?  There's a reason they are the leading cause of DD depletion in their games.

6 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

"They have not all been accounted for, the lost seeing stones.  We do not know who else may be watching!"
"The hour is later than you think.
.."

If you're a CV and you don't know where an enemy DD is, you need to find it.  If you haven't seen it for a while near your teammates, it's probably near you.  I can see a DD hiding from other types of ships, but a CV?  There's a reason they are the leading cause of DD depletion in their games.

"The palantíri (singular palantír), also known as the Seven Stones or the Seven Seeing-stones, were spherical stone objects used for communication and intelligence gathering. There were eight distinguished ones in total, with seven in Middle-earth.  ..."
https://lotr.fandom.com/wiki/Palantíri

• Like 1