Wedgie defo did "somethin'" to aiming

Andrewbassg

Either  they are fiddllng with  the RNG or reeworked somethin' or some other crap, but its unbelievably dented now. I can get away with very dumb crap, but conversely can't hit  sh**. Shots which I could swear won't hit are on target and shots which I know that should, are not. I tried with and without the camera mod and is the same. And this apart from their sekrit AP fiddling, which i think is now at 3.0 me thinks...

What the heck, wazz goin' on??  

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 3
  • Bored 1

7 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

After many years of trying, you've finally reached my level.

• Haha 6

As far as I've observed...aiming has always been wonky.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Either  they are fiddllng with  the RNG or reeworked somethin' or some other crap, but its unbelievably dented now. I can get away with very dumb crap, but conversely can't hit  sh**. Shots which I could swear won't hit are on target and shots which I know that should, are not. I tried with and without the camera mod and is the same. And this apart from their sekrit AP fiddling, which i think is now at 3.0 me thinks...

Your fire control staff are on the bottle:

Drunken sailor clutching bottle of rum slumped against radar screen

That's my explanation. 

(Image from Bing Image Creator.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That's my explanation. 

Wrong color of what's left in the bottle....  Should be clear as "Voda".....water.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Yeah and.... no .When the holiday season started, the aiming have improved, quite a bit, which led me to believe that Wedgie is actually trying.......somethin'....to ~ "improve". One could actually aim at specific parts of ships AND hit. I believe even mentioned this or started a thread about it.  But now......oh boy...

Even you started a thread about Cv reticles and chimed in to say that it seems mouse related, coz aiming was off. Meantime I played pretty much only brawls and at T7.... it wasn't that of an issue, coz ranges and stuff. Now played some ranked and some randoms and...... not good. Actually very VERY bad. It seems  compounded by range AND tier. Smile_amazed.gif.28479b334f88f3e0b24d84b

Edited by Andrewbassg

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

You bet !  There are all sorts of "aiming bugs" out there !

And, whenever you read "we are making Art Changes" to your favorite ship, that should be translated into "We are changing the hit box geometry" IMO....

• Like 1

That's my explanation. 

No image shows up.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

No image shows up.

Thank you,  Devstrike 14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

• Like 1

That's my explanation. 

Based on what you created EC, I decided to try some more clip art

Your fire control staff are on the bottle

These are from Bing AI creations:

OIG1.GdPH.jpg

OIG2 (1).jpg

OIG2 (2).jpg

OIG2.ImZWiX4jopR3Bc7.s.jpg

OIG2.jpg

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

These are from Bing AI creations:

Hmmm......based on da grammar and spelling.....somebody didn't followed the advice on the posters.....me thinks.... 14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Hmmm......based on da grammar and spelling.....somebody didn't followed the advice on the posters.....me thinks.... 14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

Not to mention how much the people in the pictures have drunk their potent potables in creating the posters. 😅

• Haha 1

My guess is that lock-on is broken. The most visible thing wrong with it is that it has trouble locking on to targets that are right there, and button mashing is required. Switching targets also a pain. So I wouldn't be surprised if it fails to work even when the UI tells you you got a lock.

• Like 1

I was playing my Konig Albert & it's shells were all over the place &, ofc, barely on target. Ofc, enemy targeting was fine. SNAFU.

2 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

I was playing my Konig Albert & it's shells were all over the place &, ofc, barely on target. Ofc, enemy targeting was fine. SNAFU.

This sounds like the issue where the suggested fix was de-locking and re-locking just before firing, and also, I think, not moving your cursor while you fire.

2 hours ago, Asym said:

You bet !  There are all sorts of "aiming bugs" out there !

And, whenever you read "we are making Art Changes" to your favorite ship, that should be translated into "We are changing the hit box geometry" IMO....

WG probably views these as features instead of bugs since it allows the new participants in the Playerbase Rework to make gamer turns in front of a lot of BBs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Yeah and.... no .When the holiday season started, the aiming have improved, quite a bit, which led me to believe that Wedgie is actually trying.......somethin'....to ~ "improve". One could actually aim at specific parts of ships AND hit. I believe even mentioned this or started a thread about it.  But now......oh boy...

Even you started a thread about Cv reticles and chimed in to say that it seems mouse related, coz aiming was off. Meantime I played pretty much only brawls and at T7.... it wasn't that of an issue, coz ranges and stuff. Now played some ranked and some randoms and...... not good. Actually very VERY bad. It seems  compounded by range AND tier. Smile_amazed.gif.28479b334f88f3e0b24d84b

Indeed.

My point with my comment is that aiming has always been not working as we expect...for various reasons.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

WG probably views these as features instead of bugs since it allows the new participants in the Playerbase Rework to make gamer turns in front of a lot of BBs. 

In others games with the same "trends", these art changes actually are severe nerfs - to the point you can't use that vehicle anymore and......they assume.........you'll buy something else.  What many of those games got was an Exodus period where the lost 2/3 of their serious players and their money.....

38 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

Yeah, it feels extremely dented when some guy turns out and I get waterline-bugged (old fav) or whatnot. It happens with me too, but you know what? I'd rather be punished.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Yeah, it feels extremely dented when some guy turns out and I get waterline-bugged (old fav) or whatnot. It happens with me too, but you know what? I'd rather be punished.

I dont know if Im as fair-minded as you, but I certainly dont sulk when it happens to me. 

15 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

I dont know if Im as fair-minded as you, but I certainly dont sulk when it happens to me. 

So I don't complain when I get spared via that, but does definitely feel like the other guy got done dirty by the game.

And I'd prefer it was fixed because it'd be more fun for those shots I take to actually ruin someone more reliably.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Welcome to rigged games.

5 overpens and 1 pen on the side of an 80 degree Petro at 17k with quickfuse ap shells.   One shell on return fire hits me at or about improved auto bounce angle, Citadel...   on 3 out of 4 salvos.    

Game is absurdly rigged.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 1