Thoughts on Wiesbaden?

Schnitchelkid01_

I shouldn't be but I cannot lie that I am excited for Wiesbaden. It sounds like a weird cross between a Flint and a Smolensk but also very much German. The one fear I have is Weegees track record lately in releasing ships tells me that this ship will be locked behind something, let it be dockyard or random bundles or etc etc... any chance it will be just old fashioned doubloons for a change? Who knows... Weegee kills the fun out of these types of ships now because they are so intent on putting it behind these circus type methods of acquiring ships... it is a real buzzkill...

• Like 1

Well, it sure is eyesore graphics wise. Looking like it's grey mush without the final surface finishing. It also looks overly tall and large of superstructute, resulting in unelegant and akward profile & decks look afwully empty -You could easily double the 55mm AA mounts and not get any issues

As it comes for how it will be released, I believe it's either direcly put to RB, Steel, Drydock or some convoluted event grind + atleast 5,000 doubloons finishing fee that gets us -20% discount coupon on the thing before it goes to Armory

3 hours ago, aleksi111 said:

As it comes for how it will be released, I believe it's either direcly put to RB, Steel, Drydock or some convoluted event grind + atleast 5,000 doubloons finishing fee that gets us -20% discount coupon on the thing before it goes to Armory

It’s a pretty strong contender for an upcoming dockyard ship. There has been a move towards tier IXs and Xs in the dockyard, but we’re overdue for the token tier VIII. The other likely candidates are Victoria (which is more likely to be container bait based on the Dev blog) and Wisconsin (which might cause a riot if included in a limited-time event).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

I shouldn't be but I cannot lie that I am excited for Wiesbaden. It sounds like a weird cross between a Flint and a Smolensk but also very much German. The one fear I have is Weegees track record lately in releasing ships tells me that this ship will be locked behind something, let it be dockyard or random bundles or etc etc... any chance it will be just old fashioned doubloons for a change? Who knows... Weegee kills the fun out of these types of ships now because they are so intent on putting it behind these circus type methods of acquiring ships... it is a real buzzkill...

True, I was so happy about Rhode island, then Bam he is locked behind thousand bundles.Probably Wisconsin also. Same as Schill. No point of being excited about some ship when they lock it under $...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2024 at 10:03 PM, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Is this the ship you talk of since I have not heard of any such ship from WG 😄

Wiesbaden class cruisers

SMS Wiesbaden | Ships Nostalgia

Edited by tm63au

On 2/20/2024 at 12:03 AM, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Personally I'm looking forward to it, last I remember it actually looked quite promising as an alternative German cruiser playstyle. Hopefully WG keep it good!

• Like 1

Its hard to say how well she'll actually perform. She recently got several major nerfs and it left her in a rather precarious position in my opinion. She got nerfed to 6s fire rate, standard hydro, and reduced smoke duration+longer cool down. The RoF nerf was the big one, because now she's on par with Mainz in terms of fire rate. Which makes her comparably much worse. This is due to her abnormally weak HE(worse than usual german HE damage) at 1350 per shell(heavy HE 1485 damage) vs 1700 per shell. In terms of AP, even though she has 128mm guns, she doesn't benefit from the expected short fuses(0.025 instead of the normal 0.010). Instead she has the same fuse as Mainz, while dealing 800 less damage and having half the penetration. She does have the highest AP pen of any 128mm gun mounted on german ships though interestingly.

Her smoke will help in some instances definitely, but I think the nerf was unnecessary given she was already somewhat gimmicked from the get go. In addition to the above, her speed and rudder shift is a real concern for a ultra-light cruiser.

On 2/19/2024 at 12:03 PM, Schnitchelkid01_ said:

Most likely 46 random bundles for the gambling addicts.

Did I read it correct, 15 second duration smokescreen on a cruiser?!

image.png.64e20db0d2dd090a2c0b6ec1ad82ff85.png

What exactly is a cruiser gonna do with a 15 second smoke? You dont even have time to slow down to full stop or perform a gamer turn in that time?

19 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

What exactly is a cruiser gonna do with a 15 second smoke? You dont even have time to slow down to full stop or perform a gamer turn in that time?

Plus worse cooldown. She really did get nerfed hard.

19 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

That's not the smoke itself. It's the generation time. Although I don't recall the dispersion time, 15 seconds is the same as all British smoke cruisers of the tier. It's more than enough time to make maneuvers or come to a stop even with the horrible British deacceleration, it should be enough for Wiesbaden. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unlooky said:

That's not the smoke itself. It's the generation time. Although I don't recall the dispersion time, 15 seconds is the same as all British smoke cruisers of the tier. It's more than enough time to make maneuvers or come to a stop even with the horrible British deacceleration, it should be enough for Wiesbaden. 

Gotta love WG and their constant "miscommunications", from Dev blog "Duration time" and "Duration time".....

image.thumb.png.6a974ff1f195b85ff97d5419f30d4c84.png

So I guess the action time was reduced to 15 seconds then but the duration is still 69 sec?! Im just guesstimaing here....

8 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

So I guess the action time was reduced to 15 seconds then but the duration is still 69 sec?! Im just guesstimaing here....

Seems to be that way.