Did WG screw up the bots again?

Kruzenstern

I just did my 4 coops for the 1500 points, and either this was a really freaky coincidence, or they tinkered with the bots again?

All battles I was top tier which is odd all by itself (3*Michelangelo and 1*Graf Zeppelin for giggles when I only needed 130 more). All battles I was middle spawn. And all battles, the bots abandoned middle and went for the flanks. Two times concentrating on the flank where the mentally challenged players were, so unneccessarily dragging out the coop. I am used to odd things happening with bot paths, but my experience so far was that most of the time, the bots abandon the flanks in favor of the middle. Seeing the opposite behaviour in such concentration is new to me. It was almost like the bots went for those on our team who were farthest ahead, which was in all cases DDs and/or subs on the flanks, middle had none of those. If I keep on seeing this crap, I guess it will again be only Marceau etc. in coop for me. But maybe it was just one of those days...

Edited by Kruzenstern
  • Like 1

No the artificial intelligence known as bots became self-aware February 2, 2024, they are rapidly taking over co-op.   

Edited by clammboy
  • Haha 1

I've done a few Coop matches yesterday and today, albeit on ASIA, but I didn't spot anything. They pretty much came directly against us. TBH,though, I played low and mid tiers only.

4 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

DDs and/or subs on the flanks, middle had none of those.

There's your answer. It doesn't happen every game, but it is the most common scenario now. Wherever the subs spawn (or, if there are no subs, the lowest-HP DD), chances are that the majority of the bots will be heading that way. This is especially true if you catch a spawn with neither a sub nor a DD, and some other spawn has one or both- if that happens, it's a near guarantee that most or all of the bots in your lane will abandon it. The game seems to prefer spawning subs on the flanks, too, even if there's only one, which only makes it worse.

But... the fact that it's so common means you can learn to recognize when it's likely to happen, and plot an intercept course if you can so that you don't get skunked. Use the match countdown break to take a close look at what your teammates are sailing, and where they spawned, so you can identify who the bots are most likely to squirrel off after and where you need to go to meet them. The lowest HP pool is the bots' most likely target, and at the beginning of the match that means a sub or a DD.

• Like 1

The spawn migrating bots have been an issue since they instituted the far flung spawns, pain in the tonsils when you go the whole game with a single target who your accompanying DD wipes with two racks and you end up with a Damage total of 8k in your T10 BB.

My gripe this morning is the number of subs and DDs I've seen this morning, 5 or 6 triangle boats seems to have been the norm this morning... most of them being bots.