Target Practice - and, a Practice Target Provided !

Asym

Anyone else ever take the time to zero your main guns on a Bore Sighting target???  Well, our host has provided a target  for us !

Now, if; they had a Muzzle Reference Sensor and a Bore Sighting device we could use to refer of actual sights to the bore of the weapons before we deployed, that would be........boring BUT!  Interesting.

Anyone else know you could do this ?    BTW, it looks like AR500 steel and a blackpowder round ball target !!!

image.thumb.png.3adc7b3e10ad89c89a5d5608848f848c.png

• Haha 2

Such stupid signs... At least using them for target practice makes them somewhat useful.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Asym said:

Anyone else know you could do this ? 

I never tried shooting the sign, but I did blow up a suspicious looking truck on the dock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Asym said:

Anyone else ever take the time to zero your main guns on a Bore Sighting target???  Well, our host has provided a target  for us !

Now, if; they had a Muzzle Reference Sensor and a Bore Sighting device we could use to refer of actual sights to the bore of the weapons before we deployed, that would be........boring BUT!  Interesting.

Anyone else know you could do this ?    BTW, it looks like AR500 steel and a blackpowder round ball target !!!

I'm trying to remember which map that "No BB's" sign is on.  🙂 
As I recollect, it's along a flank that would place a slow battleship in a position wherein its guns would be unable to shoot over the island and contribute to the firepower of the entire team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm trying to remember which map that "No BB's" sign is on.  🙂 
As I recollect, it's along a flank that would place a slow battleship in a position wherein its guns would be unable to shoot over the island and contribute to the firepower of the entire team.

I think it's North.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Asym said:

that would be........boring

@HogHammer Does this forum have a policy about terrible dad jokes? 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

@HogHammer Does this forum have a policy about terrible dad jokes? 🤣

OK, I'm just a simply old horse Soldier....  I'm not sure what that ^^^^^ means???  Please explain.....I'm just a simply person.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Asym said:

OK, I'm just a simply old horse Soldier....  I'm not sure what that ^^^^^ means???  Please explain.....I'm just a simply person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dad_joke

A dad joke is a joke, typically a pun, often presented as a one-liner or a question and answer, but less often a narrative.[citation needed] Generally inoffensive, dad jokes are stereotypically told with sincere humorous intent or to intentionally provoke a negative "groaning" reaction to their overly simplistic humor.

The 200 Best Dad Jokes of All-Time Guaranteed to Make You Laugh
https://www.menshealth.com/trending-news/a34437277/best-dad-jokes/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Nice definition, except it doesn't actually tell me anything. Must be very humorous.

Sometimes I show people the start of the path, and then let them explore the rest of the journey of discovery on their own.  😉 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Sometimes I show people the start of the path, and then let them explore the rest of the journey of discovery on their own.  😉 

In other words, you have no idea....  Oh-Kay, neither do I......?  If there is a joke in in what I said is one thing vis-a'-vis being the Joke of what I said is another...

29 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

usually wolf  its oh thats how its done " oh look squirl " 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Asym said:

In other words, you have no idea....  Oh-Kay, neither do I......?  If there is a joke in in what I said is one thing vis-a'-vis being the Joke of what I said is another...

I missed the joke so can't help you much there.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

usually wolf  its oh thats how its done " oh look squirl " 

giphy.gif  

• Haha 2

Accidental double-post?

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Asym said:

I have plenty of an idea.
I also provided a definition and two links for further exploration if people were inclined to do so.
https://www.devstrike.net/topic/3025-target-practice-and-a-practice-target-provided/?do=findComment&comment=37238

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I have plenty of an idea.
I also provided a definition and two links for further exploration if people were inclined to do so.
https://www.devstrike.net/topic/3025-target-practice-and-a-practice-target-provided/?do=findComment&comment=37238

Oh gosh, I research almost everyday.......so, I'll wait till the ensign replies with a translation....

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 10:24 AM, Asym said:

On the short trip to where usually I go shoot, there's a yield sign on a dirt road. Every time the county puts up a new sign someone shoots it again. It's on the road to a popular dove-hunting cow tank on the government so who knows who it could be. There's a gas pumping substation on that corner that's visited every day too so it could just be some bored gas field workers as well. We got four inches of snow day before yesterday but you'd never tell it cause it's 56 F now and it all melted. That road is sandy though so it shouldn't be muddy. Well, heck it's only a coupe of miles, hold on a second and I'll run out and take a snapshot.

Sorry for the focus, it was so bright I couldn't see the screen on Dad's old cell phone that I found in a drawer and charged up.

KIMG0261.jpg

I think I found the culprits too. People don't shoot road signs, shotgun shells do.

KIMG0262.jpg

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

On the short trip to where usually I go shoot, there's a yield sign on a dirt road. Every time the county puts up a new sign someone shoots it again. It's on the road to a popular dove-hunting cow tank on the government so who knows who it could be. There's a gas pumping substation on that corner that's visited every day too so it could just be some bored gas field workers as well. We got four inches of snow day before yesterday but you'd never tell it cause it's 56 F now and it all melted. That road is sandy though so it shouldn't be muddy. Well, heck it's only a coupe of miles, hold on a second and I'll run out and take a snapshot.

Sorry for the focus, it was so bright I couldn't see the screen on Dad's old cell phone that I found in a drawer and charged up.

KIMG0261.jpg

I think I found the culprits too. People don't shoot road signs, shotgun shells do.

Welcome to bored people with weapons....  Seems to be an international condition.  Shotguns in the US and AK's in the sandbox. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Asym said:

Welcome to bored people with weapons....  Seems to be an international condition.  Shotguns in the US and AK's in the sandbox. 

I've never shot at a sign, even when I was a kid. I've taken a few of them out with farm implements though. Hey, if the county is going to put the road signs so close to the road then it's their own fault if a farmer can't get his implements around a curve without knocking them down. There was one curve that was especially troublesome near the land I was farming when I was just out of high school. Every time I'd go around it I'd have to get out, take the sign off the pole, squash the pole flat with my implement, then bend the pole back sort-of straight and re-attach the sign. It's not a problem anymore with folding disks but this was back in the days of one-ways that you could only turn, well, one way and were a hassle to convert to road travel if you were only going to take them a mile or so to the next field.

This is a one-way. We usually ran two or three of them in tandem. You can only turn left with them, never right or you will wrap the cable around your tire and the discs will climb up and say "hi" to you.  Don't ask me how I know this, or why I've done it twice.

th?id=OIP.Yv_8hpX-jl7WLODkKj5UogHaFi%26p

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Asym said:

See the bold below.

On 2/17/2024 at 12:54 PM, Asym said:

Now, if; they had a Muzzle Reference Sensor and a Bore Sighting device we could use to refer of actual sights to the bore of the weapons before we deployed, that would be........boring 

The sort of play on words that makes teenage boys groan at their fathers' (or grandfathers') attempts at humour. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The sort of play on words that makes teenage boys groan at their fathers' (or grandfathers') attempts at humour. 

My four-year-old great niece combined "uncle" and my first name and then started calling me "munkle monkey," which was a pretty good "dad" joke on her own part. Of course, I was "ooking" around on the monkey bars with her at the time too. In ten minutes I was worn out and she had run a hundred yards over to the baseball field and was chasing birds out of the dugouts. I'm not sure that I ever had that much energy.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

My four-year-old great niece combined "uncle" and my first name and then started calling me "munkle monkey,"

When my son was two, he shortened "Grandmummy" (my mother in law) to "Gree", and that's what she's been called ever since. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ensign Cthulhu said:

When my son was two, he shortened "Grandmummy" (my mother in law) to "Gree", and that's what she's been called ever since. 

That's cute. My oldest niece couldn't say "grandpa" when she was a baby so she called my dad "Pawgaw," that's what she and her sister called him until they graduated from high school.

• Like 1