Winrate of nations

Prva_paroplavebná

Hi,

I have grab table from https://wows-numbers.com/ships/ and copy/paste it to Excel to calculate win rate for each nation. From total battles and win rate I calculated Win battles for each ship and I summarized it in the table below.

And the podium is:

1. Commonwealth

2. Pan-America

3. Italy

Result is little bit weird as all nations are over 50%. Anyway, I tough that Russian will be on top... 🤔

image.png.9d1c769fe6d9cc3a6a1332c3cde6e17c.png

16 minutes ago, Prva_paroplavebná said:

Hi,

I have grab table from https://wows-numbers.com/ships/ and copy/paste it to Excel to calculate win rate for each nation. From total battles and win rate I calculated Win battles for each ship and I summarized it in the table below.

And the podium is:

1. Commonwealth

2. Pan-America

3. Italy

Result is little bit weird as all nations are over 50%. Anyway, I tough that Russian will be on top... 🤔

image.png.9d1c769fe6d9cc3a6a1332c3cde6e17c.png

Na...I would like to point out... Because the Commonwealth is the 3rd lowest played ship in battles played.. I would subtract a %2 percentage point reflection the standard deviation. 

Also, the lower the total match played, the easier it is to have a higher then avg WR. In reality, it really doesn't matter what nation you choose... In the long run, %50WR is the 90th percentile of all servers in WOWS. This graph only cements the findings.

Commonwealth ships are only being played by experienced players at the moment...as they aren't out of testing.

The results can't be interpreted in any useful way to determine the "power" of a nation's ships. If you want something more useful, restrict your sample to the top 5% performers per nation. 

The "popular" OG nations (Japan, USA, Germany) draw hordes of noob/bad players that trash their stats. Other than confirming the regular Wehraboo is a subpar player, there's not much else you can get out of such a skewed sample. 

Edited by ArIskandir
  • Like 2

I'm thinking Commonwealth, Pan American & Italian are played more by more experienced players just for the differences/uniqueness factors hence the higher win rates. 

4 hours ago, Aethervox said:

I'm thinking Commonwealth, Pan American & Italian are played more by more experienced players just for the differences/uniqueness factors hence the higher win rates. 

PanAmerican is unique?

Ive almost forgotten that historical travesty of a line exists... 😉

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

With the new Commonwealth Line coming in Update 13.2, I think the overall WR will sharply fall and be more akin to the other lines. 

Commonwealth only has premium ships as well, which almost always means more experienced and veteran players playing the line. 

Really interesting data to discuss nonetheless. 

• Like 1

Commonwealth premiums all pretty good I think? Suprised anyone is winning on pan-america or italy tho. 

5 hours ago, Itwastuesday said:

Commonwealth premiums all pretty good I think? Suprised anyone is winning on pan-america or italy tho. 

Italian DDs at T8 and below are extremely effective at winning games. ITA Cruisers are solid, not very carry oriented but good on avg. BBs otoh... 

On 2/14/2024 at 5:53 PM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

PanAmerican is unique?

Ive almost forgotten that historical travesty of a line exists... 😉

Yes. They're one of my favorite new lines to play. From a gameplay perspective, the Pan American line is probably the best line they've released recently. It's unique, challenging yet rewarding, and fun to play. A ship with bad armor but amazing effective survivability is objectively unique. Historical accuracy has always been second in "World Of" games, so I couldn't care less if the line was some hypothetical Galactic Barbados Navy ship, as long as it brings interesting gameplay mechanics to the table. 

Edited by Unlooky
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1