Musashi in auction

dommo77

So, Musashi for sale. I wonder what currency this time? 

Also coal, RB points and flags to bid on.

Anyone interested? I might go for coal or RB, but will se what the price is. Most likely I won't bid at all.

• Like 2

Doubloons, starting bid 20K. Not too bad, considering that she's now a rare/banned ship and 19,300 would be her Armory price. 

Bear in mind that tech-tree Yamato is functionally identical if not better, and the only thing you get from Musashi is the same-ish guns a tier lower and she doesn't have the best AA at a tier where she can see aviation ships even without CV (Kearsarge, Delaware, Halford, DeWitt). I can't fault anyone who wants to try to get her, but all that has to be a consideration if you're going to do terrible things to your wallet. 

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Doubloons, starting bid 20K. Not too bad, considering that she's now a rare/banned ship and 19,300 would be her Armory price. 

Bear in mind that tech-tree Yamato is functionally identical if not better, and the only thing you get from Musashi is the same-ish guns a tier lower and she doesn't have the best AA at a tier where she can see aviation ships even without CV (Kearsarge, Delaware, Halford, DeWitt). I can't fault anyone who wants to try to get her, but all that has to be a consideration if you're going to do terrible things to your wallet. 

Musashi isn't going to go for anywhere near 20k doubloons though. Last year in auction it went for 40,000 doubloons. I suspect it will be higher this time around.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, dommo77 said:

Anyone interested? I might go for coal or RB, but will se what the price is. Most likely I won't bid at all.

I'm too poor to deal with the auctions.

I'd love to have her in port and missed the original fielding.  Honestly, not worth any real money anymore.  In game value, sure since many of us have billions of credits......real money:  PASS......

No way i can afford Musashi, so i'm not even trying, but i would like to get one of those Jolly Roger flags, but sadly, like the last one, it's only available for steel, so no flag for me. Curious what the winning bid for the coal will be.

7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Normally, I don't agree with Mountbatten, but he's right here:

Oh please not that clickbait guy, i refuse to give that guy any views.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Musashi isn't going to go for anywhere near 20k doubloons though. Last year in auction it went for 40,000 doubloons. I suspect it will be higher this time around.

so 130 euros for one single ship, wow.

42 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

so 130 euros for one single ship, wow.

Well, it is a rare ship...basically a tier 10 at tier 9...

...there are reasons that you might feel it good value, if you have lots of expendable money...

• Like 1

<pauses to investigate what 40K+ doubloons cost in maple syrup flavoured dollars>

Kinell!

I have Musashi: no way she's worth *that* much!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

<pauses to investigate what 40K+ doubloons cost in maple syrup flavoured dollars>

Kinell!

I have Musashi: no way she's worth *that* much!

Wasn't worth that much like ever, to be honest, the price has been artificially inflated by WG's decision to limit availability. As I was saying, wasn't worth that much to begin with, and I think we could safely subtract a zero or two these days.

• Like 2

In a world where you can grind Yamato (and even the LMU, and on top of that Yamamoto as a commander) for free, albeit you do have to put in the time, it feels a bit like a heist that WG are ""offering"" those unavailable boats for these obscene prices.

I get it, I get it - you get to lolly-slap-clap t7 n00bs/boats now and again*, but really; is it that funny? I for one doubt it....

*) and from time to time user her in ranked

Edited by ZeuSueZ1337
  • Like 1

His Vid is a hard reality but no lies detected.

$200.00 US is 🤣 unless you are a hard core collector.

I have the ship and all the things that counter it and he is correct.

Just wait till someone brings their shiney new Musashi into a random and sees how fast it gets deleted by Subs it can't see or fight or Super ships that will either melt or delete it.

Now even DDs have Airstrikes and the Middle finger AA it has is just SO FRUSTRATING!

Ranked it is a BEAST! That is the only time I take her out.

In her Day she WAS worth a lot ( still not 200 bucks though ) 

In the NEW meta , outside of Ranked,  she's sorta a damage piñata.

First thing I attack.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Col_NASTY said:

His Vid is a hard reality but no lies detected.

$200.00 US is 🤣 unless you are a hard core collector.

I have the ship and all the things that counter it and he is correct.

Just wait till someone brings their shiney new Musashi into a random and sees how fast it gets deleted by Subs it can't see or fight or Super ships that will either melt or delete it.

Now even DDs have Airstrikes and the Middle finger AA it has is just SO FRUSTRATING!

Ranked it is a BEAST! That is the only time I take her out.

In her Day she WAS worth a lot ( still not 200 bucks though ) 

In the NEW meta , outside of Ranked,  she's sorta a damage piñata.

First thing I attack.

I salivate as a tier 8 CV when I see her...pure damage pinata.

Of course, she takes like half the match to kill.

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'm too poor to deal with the auctions.

Am rather rich. For the game I mean : reality is a bit harsher...  😁
But I closed my wallet for WG, put it in a safe wrapped in concrete and let it sink in the Marianna Trench.

So no auction for me either. The ship does not interest me that much anyway.

Seriously : WG auctions are another way to attract naïve people. But, as we say in my country : "as long as they find pigeons to pay for it..." 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Of course, she takes like half the match to kill.

At least that is somewhat historically accurate, knowing how many torp and bomb hits she got 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder what the bids for the Musashi flag are going to be. I got Musashi for coal back in the day and I already have the Jolly Roger flag so the commemorative flag is all I'm interested in.

2 hours ago, KJ82 said:

At least that is somewhat historically accurate, knowing how many torp and bomb hits she got 🙂

Didn't the US make things harder by hitting her with torpedoes on both sides, effectively assisting her counter flooding?

Pretty sure they learned their lesson and during Ten-Go focused all the torpedoes on one side of the ship to prevent that from happening again.

24 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

I wonder what the bids for the Musashi flag are going to be. I got Musashi for coal back in the day and I already have the Jolly Roger flag so the commemorative flag is all I'm interested in.

The last ship flag I can recall for credits was Nelson's sometime last year. That one went for about 20 million credits IIRC, so I'd expect at least something similar, or a bit higher. 

Or the credit whales will come out in force and it will go for way above that...

21 minutes ago, Efros said:

20,000 dubs... I wonder if I can sell mine!

Historically I saved my "fun" money up and splurged on Santa Crates.  Now the wallet is closed and locked tight.  I have the Musashi and Kearsarge both of which came from Santa Crates and have never left port.  I wish WG would allow us to sell ships to other players and take a cut like an art gallery.  Of course, by not allowing trades/sales between players they can get absurd prices at their auction.  

• Like 1

The only T9 Japanese bb worth money.

I love it in ranked, all these new copypaste cruisers they add? Overmatch. 

• Bored 1

I have her since a long time but she rarely leaves port. Yes, she can be OP in ranked, but not much fun to play. She is a worse and more frustrating Yamato, especially compared to a leg mod Yamato. She is OP compared to tech tree T9 battleships, and lower grade premiums. Mine is especially unlucky, I have 10% better random WR with Yamato than Musashi.

Watch PQ’s video to see what to expect:

7 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

The only T9 Japanese bb worth money.

I love it in ranked, all these new copypaste cruisers they add? Overmatch. 

The Daisen is a fun ship.