so when are the rest of unique and seasoned commanders going to come?

pepe_trueno

just wondering because the game is still missing a lot of them. All nations should have at least 1 unique commander and 1-2 seasoned commanders.

Even better since WG has been on a crusade to drain resources from the players why not add an option to upgrade standar / special commanders into seasoned ones using captain free exp? 

Depending on when that person lived, there may be issues with getting permission for the use of their name or likeness. I was once told off the record by a CM who shall remain nameless that this was an issue with at least one commander within living memory not being added to the game. 

From one of my favorite Broadway plays and a movie:  1776  - says it best.....

image.thumb.jpeg.dd54e3146562757bfe0ab942c4ba237c.jpeg    NEVER !   NEVER...!

Permissions are a real PITA when the subject is games....  A friend of mine wrote several history books decades ago, when the actual people being discussed were alive....  It took years to get permission(s) to use their likeness and their current thoughts....  Their estates were even harder to penetrate....

25 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Depending on when that person lived, there may be issues with getting permission for the use of their name or likeness. I was once told off the record by a CM who shall remain nameless that this was an issue with at least one commander within living memory not being added to the game. 

Could change their name like they did with the Steven Seagal commander. Perhaps add some of those prank moustache and glasses to hide his identity so they won't know it's them, lol.

40 minutes ago, Asym said:

From one of my favorite Broadway plays and a movie:  1776  - says it best.....

image.thumb.jpeg.dd54e3146562757bfe0ab942c4ba237c.jpeg    NEVER !   NEVER...!

Permissions are a real PITA when the subject is games....  A friend of mine wrote several history books decades ago, when the actual people being discussed were alive....  It took years to get permission(s) to use their likeness and their current thoughts....  Their estates were even harder to penetrate....

Nevah!

😄

I enjoyed that musical too, in a silly sort of way.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

having lines without a unique or seasoned commander because "permission problems" seems a bit silly. If permission is the big problem here then don't do historical persons.

or as said before just let us upgrade standard/special commanders into seasoned and uniques commander.

Most of the "seasoned commanders" are made-up people- all of the pairs of brothers are, anyway. There are still a few nations that don't have a set of twins, and it would be pretty easy to pad out the ranks with those, using the usual "one for free / one for pay" arrangement.

• Like 1