New Brawl queuing problem...

Leo_Apollo11

HI all,

And after 5+ minutes you end with teams liks this:

landoffire-5-13-01-2024-11-26-43.thumb.png.c737c4a914792c631b5c9485af98bafb.png

Leo "Apollo11"

• Haha 1

Dont play BB...Instant queve.

Its not new problem its old problem where now I see Lesta figured it out how to solve it. They reduce torpedo and secondary damage on BBs to make people take other classes.

• Like 2

It’s brawls at t7. What did you expect? Brawls is the mode where players who do not venture into PVP much at all go. Complaining about teams in brawls is like sports betting on the special Olympics. 

The solution to the queue 'problem' is quite obvious, isn't it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kruzenstern said:

The solution to the queue 'problem' is quite obvious, isn't it?

ya play a damn cruiser, legit the problem is EVERYONE wants to be a BB lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I played in the Atlanta and did quite well burning down those same BB players, granted I saw some VERY Potato BB's on my team but, the Atlanta is alive and well!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

It’s brawls at t7. What did you expect? Brawls is the mode where players who do not venture into PVP much at all go. Complaining about teams in brawls is like sports betting on the special Olympics. 

But why?

Brawls is basically the worst parts of PVP...

Or is this the playerbase aversion to planes and torpedoes?

Hi all,

You essentially have to carry each and every game... it gets tiresome...

image.png.443d7a9e69894977e711d4f7a30c8568.png

Leo "Apollo11"

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

But why?

I think you nailed it. Brawls is the game mode right now where you are guaranteed to see no subs or CVs. Players who choose not to adapt their game play flock to brawls. I only played 4 matches last night and it’s very apparent that most of the players have no idea about positioning or other WoWs  basics. The majority there just want to pew pew broadside.  Nothing wrong with that if that’s how you want to play.  Just don’t act surprised at the Queue or lack of skill from the other players. 

• Like 1

I'm finding it a nice way to experiment with cruiser play without having to worry about being spotted by planes, subs, and dds.  You can pretty much keep shooting to find the soft spots on BBs and practice angling against visible targets. It's a good training environment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe that's why there seemed to be so many subs and CV's playing. Had a few 3 sub games in tier 6 I believe last night.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Today again went after 6 victories... 11 ships killed this time around (i.e. almost 2 per game)...

image.png.a3c1fe2287fb33bd8d10697e3304c6a5.png

And yes... still 5 minutes of queuing each time...

Leo "Apollo11"

1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

And yes... still 5 minutes of queuing each time...

Yeah, that Scharnhorst is a tough one in brawls and I would play it but I just can't handle the queue times for BBs.  My queue time is less than a minute playing cruisers.

On 2/13/2024 at 4:29 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

HI all,

And after 5+ minutes you end with teams liks this:

landoffire-5-13-01-2024-11-26-43.thumb.png.c737c4a914792c631b5c9485af98bafb.png

Leo "Apollo11"

Gotta love the karma ratings.... 

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 3:47 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

New Brawl queuing problem...

It's why I was sailing a cruiser, last night.

On 2/13/2024 at 6:28 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Personally, I like a good brawl.
I've been known to sortie my CV's and Submarines in brawl modes (when allowed by the mode).

I think "1 versus 1" brawl modes are the best.

I once sank a Bismarck while sailing my Saipan. 
And, yes, we passed within a ship-length of each other at the center of the map.  I wasn't hiding in a corner sending planes.
I got up-close and personal and met them at the middle of the map as we danced around the islands.  Good game.  🙂 

Hi al,

38 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Yep... all the time like that... Karma is practically non-existent (and the same is with Karma amicability - people will report you in spite but very very very rarely they will commend you for your play))... 😞

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:
51 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Yep... all the time like that... Karma is practically non-existent (and the same is with Karma amicability - people will report you in spite but very very very rarely they will commend you for your play))... 😞

I've not installed match-maker-monitor software, so I get to play in happy ignorance of other player's karma ratings and other statistics.  🙂 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2024 at 8:58 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

You essentially have to carry each and every game... it gets tiresome...

image.png.443d7a9e69894977e711d4f7a30c8568.png

Leo "Apollo11"

Lol that is cruel to through that up there. I cant win 2 games in a row and your complaining about having to carry your team!!!!

I'm just kidding that's really nice work. 

1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi al,

Leo "Apollo11"

I basically have a rule that if I run out of reports before compliments...I have to stop playing WoWs for the day.

Reminds me to stay positive and have fun.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I basically have a rule that if I run out of reports before compliments...I have to stop playing WoWs for the day.

Reminds me to stay positive and have fun.

My rule was never to report unless chat misbehaviour... nobody has any obligation to know how to play a game, but remaining civil and not being a jerk is a basic requirement for civilized people. 

• Like 2

Yorck was my first ship to get a permanent booster and the first to reach 21 pts. I really do not like cruisers but Yorck and I get along nicely.

So in lieu of long wait times I wailed on brawls this afternoon. One loss and a string of victories, no less. [With some good teammates.]

I'd rather DD and sometimes BB but the rewards for winning in Brawls are good for me.

What I have noticed in the MM mods is many of the players do not have many random matches listed on the ships they are bringing. Mods are very useful if someone gets salty you can see if they really know what they are talking about.

Looking forward to tier IX brawls in a couple weeks. I love my Z-44 and wish to wail on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

My rule was never to report unless chat misbehaviour... nobody has any obligation to know how to play a game, but remaining civil and not being a jerk is a basic requirement for civilized people. 

Chat misbehavior means I submit a ticket to WG. I don't let WG off the hook for their duty to police the game chat by pushing a meaningless karma button.

I give compliments for really good battle performances...and I report for really, REALLY bad battle performances. You have to do really poorly to get a report from me.

6 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Chat misbehavior means I submit a ticket to WG. I don't let WG off the hook for their duty to police the game chat by pushing a meaningless karma button.

I only submited tickets if it was really unhinged, bannable stuff ... for regular a$$hatery just a karma report for the record, they don't deserve more of my time. 

• Like 1