when does this battle pass get over with already?

GoGo_Gadget_Secondaries

ngl i stopped playing NOV 2023 and JUST got back into the game 3 days ago, seeing that this lunar battle pass(that no one likes) is got another month.....do we know WG new strat for battle passes now? im lost on what tf there doing now lol

2 hours ago, GoGo_Gadget_Secondaries said:

ngl i stopped playing NOV 2023 and JUST got back into the game 3 days ago, seeing that this lunar battle pass(that no one likes) is got another month.....do we know WG new strat for battle passes now? im lost on what tf there doing now lol

On the discord at least, the CCs have been responding to the negative feedback threads on the battle pass. I spent tiny bit of time and filled up the update 13.1 official feedback surveys that they give out as well. 

Guess we would only know if things will change in the next update. 

2 hours ago, GoGo_Gadget_Secondaries said:

Free stuff is bad now?  

1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

Free stuff is bad now?  

its never about that

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoGo_Gadget_Secondaries said:

its never about that

Then what is your gripe?

I look at the battle pass...if it's worth it, I buy.  If not, I don't buy.   Why is this so complicated?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

Then what is your gripe?

14 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

I look at the battle pass...if it's worth it, I buy.  If not, I don't buy.   Why is this so complicated?

why are you getting offended? im confused lol

well in any case, im not even speaking about me so lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GoGo_Gadget_Secondaries said:

Check in-game it should say at the top when you click on the BP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoGo_Gadget_Secondaries said:

why are you getting offended? im confused lol

well in any case, im not even speaking about me so lol

Not offended at all, just responding.  You said you were lost.

"im lost on what tf there doing now lol"

When I feel lost, I boil things down to simple terms.  Thus, my post. 

• Like 1

As a old comp player, i liked the old battle pass. I got steel thats average to good compared to what i get slogging through a tiresome CB season. Id tend to stop playing CB after about 2/3 weeks. 

I just really dont understand the thought (if any) WG had behind the whole BattlePass thing. Only good BP imho was the first one and efter that they been quite crap, boing from bad to worse, but they have also had the free line being way better then the one you have to pay for, so im having trouble understanding what WG wants outa this since its hardly purchases and cash. Why even have a "premium" payed line if they dont put stuff in it players would pay for?! Just have one line then.

I would really love to see big stacks RB points and steel returning as rewards for the payed line because then it would probably be worth buying. But as is now everyone is just grinding the better free line for the free stuff and ignoring the worse payed line. 

18 hours ago, GoGo_Gadget_Secondaries said:

If I wanted to be pedantic, I would point out that Nov 2023 was the last time we had a battle pass. WG rolled out the new “event pass” in the NY/Christmas 2023 patch. :classic_tongue:

Regarding the reasons for the change, I suspect the main one is declining player engagement in certain game modes. I know for a fact that I was less motivated to queue up for Ranked with the extra steel that could be earned in the BP. Also:

6 hours ago, Folded_1000_Times said:

As a old comp player, i liked the old battle pass. I got steel thats average to good compared to what i get slogging through a tiresome CB season. Id tend to stop playing CB after about 2/3 weeks. 

^that appears to have applied to clan battles as well.

The old mission structure that accompanied the BP also was heavily skewed towards weekly missions, while the new event pass system is set up so that the majority of the rewards (20 pts per day) are awarded for the first 2000 BXP per day. The new “weekly missions” only award 20 total points for 10k BXP (and are pretty easy to max out over the course of a week), and the remainder of the dailies represent even more effort for less reward (10k BXP for 5 pts). The new structure gives more incentives for players to log in for a few battles every day, which not only probably looks good on some internal spreadsheet that can be shown to the execs (look, daily logins are up!), but also probably produces healthier queues during the week (especially at off hours) and slightly more time/battles overall than a weekend binge under the old system.

In hindsight it’s pretty clear that all the testing WG was doing with various BP mission setups last fall was aimed at collecting data to inform this shift in strategy. I also suspect that while the new format feels less rewarding for dedicated/long-time players, casual players are likely getting more out of the event pass with its scaling level system.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

If I wanted to be pedantic, I would point out that Nov 2023 was the last time we had a battle pass. WG rolled out the new “event pass” in the NY/Christmas 2023 patch. :classic_tongue:

Regarding the reasons for the change, I suspect the main one is declining player engagement in certain game modes. I know for a fact that I was less motivated to queue up for Ranked with the extra steel that could be earned in the BP. Also:

^that appears to have applied to clan battles as well.

The old mission structure that accompanied the BP also was heavily skewed towards weekly missions, while the new event pass system is set up so that the majority of the rewards (20 pts per day) are awarded for the first 2000 BXP per day. The new “weekly missions” only award 20 total points for 10k BXP (and are pretty easy to max out over the course of a week), and the remainder of the dailies represent even more effort for less reward (10k BXP for 5 pts). The new structure gives more incentives for players to log in for a few battles every day, which not only probably looks good on some internal spreadsheet that can be shown to the execs (look, daily logins are up!), but also probably produces healthier queues during the week (especially at off hours) and slightly more time/battles overall than a weekend binge under the old system.

In hindsight it’s pretty clear that all the testing WG was doing with various BP mission setups last fall was aimed at collecting data to inform this shift in strategy. I also suspect that while the new format feels less rewarding for dedicated/long-time players, casual players are likely getting more out of the event pass with its scaling level system.

ah ok ,ty, that does explain pretty much everything 🙂

10 hours ago, meatgrindr said:

Not offended at all, just responding.  You said you were lost.

"im lost on what tf there doing now lol"

When I feel lost, I boil things down to simple terms.  Thus, my post. 

my apologies, you never know with wows players these days.................and its 2024 almost everyone gets butt hurt these days over "opinions" lol, ur good 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoGo_Gadget_Secondaries said:

ah ok ,ty, that does explain pretty much everything 🙂

mind you im just getting back into the game, took a break last year around Nov