Godsdammit - WG have (IMO) done something positive...!

Verblonde

I apologise; this is actually going to be a positive post about something WG have done.

I must say, I'm really rather liking this new(ish) thing where you can make temporary cammo into permaflage; almost overnight, I now have a bunch of ships that are more fun to play because they no longer distress me to look at them. Yes, I really am that shallow.

For example, the two 'star' ships were fine premiums, but I had to be in the right mood for the lairy sci-fi permaflage; one minor spend later, and they now look like perfectly respectable warships. Similar things apply to some of the more tedious looking ships too.

So, yay WG, for once!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

It certainly gives more value to credits as well. 

Hoping that more camos will be made available for credits so our fleets can be customized even further without needing to use real life cash. 

• Like 4

I like being able to do this, but WG needs to fix/change where the new perma camo shows up.  Just bought the "zumge fecht" camo for my Mainz.  Thought it would now show up next to my other perma camos for Mainz in the exterior tab, but it doesn't.  Hope they fix this next release.  

Edited by Slammer58

5 hours ago, Verblonde said:

So, yay WG, for once!

The Scharn'43 was also a good move and event. Ship was/is fun to play and no grind.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

I like being able to do this, but WG needs to fix/change where the new perma camo shows up.  Just bought the "zumge fecht" camo for my Mainz.  Thought it would now show up next to my other perma camos for Mainz in the exterior tab, but it doesn't.  Hope they fix this next release.  

No idea what is that camo, but if originally is an expendable camo, then it will show up in the permacamo section, except much lower, where originally it was. Not right up.

Edit like:

CAmo-1.png

orig permacamo up in the corner, transformed permacamo lower corner

CAmo-2.png

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

I wanted to make ranked silver perma camos, but it’s not possible…

15 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Coz we have the other one.....

13 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I apologise; this is actually going to be a positive post about something WG have done.

I must say, I'm really rather liking this new(ish) thing where you can make temporary cammo into permaflage; almost overnight, I now have a bunch of ships that are more fun to play because they no longer distress me to look at them. Yes, I really am that shallow.

For example, the two 'star' ships were fine premiums, but I had to be in the right mood for the lairy sci-fi permaflage; one minor spend later, and they now look like perfectly respectable warships. Similar things apply to some of the more tedious looking ships too.

So, yay WG, for once!

You have the option of hiding weird camouflages. When you apply the camo and have that filter turned on, they look totally normal.  You have not "had" to look at any of the weird stuff for a long while. The only ones that you can not hide are the  Christmas permanent camos for some reason. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Thanks 1

No matter what rule the DEVs make... Fur Tree camo is still the worst looking camo in the game.

Yet, someone will make it to  perma camo. Comes to show, even the less fortunate camos get love.

I kinda left my Camo fetish when it became "stylish" instead of useful or practical.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Verblonde said:

So, yay WG, for once!

or you can just disable the display of those camos ingame as I have done ? it's for free ...

6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

You have the option of hiding weird camouflages. When you apply the camo and have that filter turned on, they look totally normal.  You have not "had" to look at any of the weird stuff for a long while. The only ones that you can not hide are the  Christmas permanent camos for some reason. 

3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

or you can just disable the display of those camos ingame as I have done ? it's for free ...

Naturally, I was well aware of this. However, I sometimes don't mind the weird stuff, but I do find the plain grey (or whatever) 'hidden' view a bit tedious - I'm not a purist as far as warship aesthetics go.

It's no accident that the bulk of the ships that I've give a new permaflage to were ones where the default permaflage was usually a plain flat colour...

22 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Naturally, I was well aware of this. However, I sometimes don't mind the weird stuff, but I do find the plain grey (or whatever) 'hidden' view a bit tedious - I'm not a purist as far as warship aesthetics go.

It's no accident that the bulk of the ships that I've give a new permaflage to were ones where the default permaflage was usually a plain flat colour...

That is odd, mine are show the patterns of the camo & color options that are assigned to the ship naturally.  The only ones that look plain are like the French stuff that are solid colors IIRC. Course the last time I shopped for camos for tech tree ships was before the camouflage rework. Probably around the time that the German DD line split or the introduction of Italian DDs. Somewhere around that time and only because there were free ones available. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

The only ones that you can not hide are the  Christmas permanent camos for some reason. 

One or two of the Italian BB early access one’s don’t “hide.” That of Andrea Doria, for one.

Fortunately, I never want to play it. Why give in to WG’s press to make the GC into a T6, when I can still play the real thing as a T5? And with Sansonetti, I can bring the 17.6km gun range with me, almost all the time.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

One or two of the Italian BB early access one’s don’t “hide.” That of Andrea Doria, for one.

Oh yeah, forgot about the Italians ones earned thru the events. I rarely use tech tree ships and never use the Italian tech tree stuff.  But yeah, can't hide those either even though they look ridiculous. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Oh yeah, forgot about the Italians ones earned thru the events. I rarely use tech tree ships and never use the Italian tech tree stuff.  But yeah, can't hide those either even though they look ridiculous. 

Yeah, a bunch of them do hide as expected, but the line has a couple of stragglers.

3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

That is odd, mine are show the patterns of the camo & color options that are assigned to the ship naturally.  The only ones that look plain are like the French stuff that are solid colors IIRC.

You're right of course - I picked a poor example! The lairy premiums show the default permaflage for the regular premium (no colour options, even if you've unlocked them on the regular versions).

In the specific case of the 'Stars' I have the regular versions too, so it's nice to be able to give them a different dress.

It's also not always that I don't like the original cammo e.g. what's that T10 cruiser from the Kitakami event; is it Defence? I quite like the Christmas tree cammo, but it hasn't stopped me giving her a permanent Jutland cammo as well.

Yeah, I'm a bubblehead...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WG has been f*cking up a lot lately:
-Scharny 43 for free.

-Nerf'd cv's.

-Perma camo's for credits.

-Buffed Italian BB's

-Airstrike ASW for more cruisers

-Nerf'd sub torps at short range

Its almost like they want people to enjoy the game. Weird. 

Edited by mashed68
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

[Frosty Fir] Tree camo is still the worst looking camo in the game.

I dunno.  Maybe I'm getting numb to it.  But I'd rather mount it than Volunteer.

image.thumb.png.1a50301da571bc23bb1f3fe9cc103979.png

At least I was able to sell off my FFTs.  I'm stuck with hundreds of these, plus Subscriber and Prime Gaming.

• Haha 1

I have to admit.

I mounted some on my Fav ships that I play everyday.

Mostly made them all Shadow lurker Black.

2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Yeah, I'm a bubblehead...

We tried to tell you people that breathing that recycled fart air would do that to your brain, but nooooo.

No one listens to corpsmen.  

Fair winds shipmate. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

you have to earn them and it would make the steel camo redundent  and they want you to use your resorces's

on an other note its nice to beable to spend my credits on something for a change  

Camos to Permacamos? I'm sure some camos are worth displaying, however, most offered are butt ugly, not to mention, totally unhistorical. Imo, grey is the way to go for most ships after 'War Failing' removed the minor camo bonuses. Yes, I do run some perma camos & will slowly add ships (as something is offered that looks good to me).

• Thanks 1