People who click spam you on the mini map

EmGee42

Seems to happen more these days. People calling you out when they have no clue what battles your having. Some dude on the other side of the map will click spam the map cause your pointed the wrong direction but he failed to recognize the CV or DD or SS that is spamming attacks at you or the fact that your kiting superior forces.

Point is, I wish players would be a little more thoughtful about what might be happening.

Thanks for listening, rant over. 

Edited by EmGee42
  • Thanks 1

"Block Messages" is a wonderful tool, with "Add to Blacklist" as the backup heavy hitter if the same spammer afflicts you in multiple matches. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, EmGee42 said:

Seems to happen more these days. People calling you out when they have no clue what battles your having. Some dude on the other side of the map will click spam the map cause your pointed the wrong direction but he failed to recognize the CV or DD or SS that is spamming attacks at you or the fact that your kiting superior forces.

Point is, I wish players would be a little more thoughtful about what might be happening.

well I clicked on a dd that was hiding behind a CV, was he in a battle that nobody else seen? ( it was at the start of the game)

9 hours ago, EmGee42 said:

Well, map-ping spammers and quick-chat spammers tend get earn chat blocks from me.
As @Ensign Cthulhu pointed out.  There are some useful options to deal with vague messages which are annoying.

9 hours ago, EmGee42 said:

I will say that it is sometimes necessary to ping the map.  And, yes, it can be abused.

I will ping the map on players, not to shame but rather in an effort to get their attention, usually mid-game, where decisions made will decide if you win or lose the game.  Perhaps they have the chat feature off and reduced the volume - I just don't know.  The only option is to ping them repeatedly (one to three times) requesting support or their need to push/reposition themselves.

Too often, I will find two or three ships behind an island or, worse yet, chasing a red ship to the far edge of the map that takes them totally out of the game when they are needed to push or protect a cap.  Even then, pinging them most of the time does not work, so I have to assume that they have their mini-map reduced to the size of a postage stamp.

It's frustrating for a player in randoms who wants to win the game.  

The abusers of pings, and they do exist, also tend to be the same players who, after getting sunk, tend to fill the chat with arm-chair quarterbacking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

who, after getting sunk, tend to fill the chat with arm-chair quarterbacking  more salt than Lot's wife.

Fixed that for you. 😛

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Fixed that for you. 😛

Touché  🤣

• Haha 2

@Snargfargle  At first glance I thought those sheep were eating the salt, but it it just the opposite!

Ewe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤣

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

@Snargfargle  At first glance I thought those sheep were eating the salt, but it it just the opposite!

Ewe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

🤣

The Bing AI has difficulty interpreting Biblical stories it seems.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

She was very popular with the local sheep.

18ecabf5-1936-4672-9edf-6bb70579f58a.jpg

I feel as though someone is trying pull the wool over my eyes.  😉 

• Haha 2

Thank-Ewe-Meme-1536x864.thumb.jpg.508cb22e1c23e00d05c3d94225ded03e.jpg

@

11 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I feel as though someone is trying pull the wool over my eyes.  😉 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Thank-Ewe-Meme-1536x864.thumb.jpg.508cb22e1c23e00d05c3d94225ded03e.jpg

@

*groan*

This whole thread has become an example of woolly thinking. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

*groan*

Gives “fuzzy logic” a bad name.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

*groan*

Now, you're just spinning yarns.  😉 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Gives “fuzzy logic” a bad name.

Are we nitpicking threads, yet?  😉 

13 hours ago, EmGee42 said:

Oh I click-ping ALL the time 🙂 . Some legit, coz I tend to have RPF on most of my caps, thus providing  intel is arguably a must. At least in my view, coz unless 1v1 brawl.... wows is still a team game.  And...... sometimes people have no clue why  and I encountered people who in turn click on the corners of the map as jest, thinking it is funny and they are very smart 🙂. Also, not all people can recognize, or know the best positioning for their ship, or maps and providing guidance by pointing out those sometimes is necessary.

And... some not so " legit", coz it can be quite nerve wrecking watching people do all sort of dumb crap. Just the other day in ranked  I saw a Tone doing just that, on full health  hiding and doing Cv stuff, while we were on the verge of losing. Yet a Tirpitz and me almost turned it around, but then again, Tone managed to lose it.

Here's the list of dumb things, what he did, after we have been sunk:

- he was late to turn to cap

- while kiting away from  the cap and a coming Biz under 20% health( !!), he thought is a good idea to start flying and leaving his ship unhelmed (!!!) instead of just burning him down

- missed with ALL his torp planes, missed with ALL of his torps, not even trying to spread the salvo

- when he finally realised, that he needs to turn around, coz the Biz will enter the cap (which he did) and got close, he kept firing HE. I mean at 6 km and when pointed out that he should switch to AP, he said "no coz sidearmor"Smile_amazed.gif.28479b334f88f3e0b24d84b  Well, ofc nobody suggested that he should try to citadel him, but how about his "NOSE, ya know the thing that pierces the waves"  D4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gif

So yeah, sorry, (but not really) if you do dumb things.... don't expect a hug. 

Edited by Andrewbassg

7 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Oh I click-ping ALL the time 🙂 . Some legit, coz I tend to have RPF on most of my caps, thus providing  intel is arguably a must. At least in my view, coz unless 1v1 brawl.... wows is still a team game.  And...... sometimes people have no clue why  and I encountered people who in turn click on the corners of the map as jest, thinking it is funny and they are very smart 🙂. Also, not all people can recognize, or know the best positioning for their ship, or maps and providing guidance by pointing out those sometimes is necessary.

I hope you are saying something in chat about what those pings mean.  Newbies have no clue what all that pinging is about.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I hope you are saying something in chat about what those pings mean.  Newbies have no clue what all that pinging is about.

If they question why, ofc. Also yes if they click around 🙂

And yes I do communicate what I mean, IF i'm not muted.

Edited by Andrewbassg

I don't care what battle your having, if your a full health BB sitting at the back of the map mid game while everyone else is up front fighting, I'm gonna spam you. 

7 hours ago, mashed68 said:

I don't care what battle your having, if your a full health BB sitting at the back of the map mid game while everyone else is up front fighting, I'm gonna spam you. 

In today's game...that BB may have been dueling a sub...

Happened to me once.

12 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

In today's game...that BB may have been dueling a sub...

Happened to me once.

If you hung around the back of the map so long the sub got to you, you're BB-ing wrong. If you fell back into spawn under pressure from enemy fire, you're not the person Mashed is talking about. Mashed said sitting at the back of the map. If you're duelling a sub, you are MOVING, not camping.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Some legit, coz I tend to have RPF on most of my caps, thus providing  intel is arguably a must.

👍 

I usually ping twice along the line on the map, then type "RPF bearing" in chat. 

I saw a Tone doing just that, on full health  hiding and doing Cv stuff,

Yep. The shorter your reload and the more weapons you have available, the more of a n00b trap your ship is. I've gone whole battles in the Tone where I never launched the planes, simply because the situation was too dynamic to be able to leave my hull behind and I could do more good for the team with guns and torps. Ise, Kearsarge and the US tech-tree hybrids are a different matter because you're waiting half a minute between reloads anyway and it can sync very nicely with the air drop, but even so you have to keep your wits about you regarding potential threats. 

ofc nobody suggested that he should try to citadel him, but how about his "NOSE, ya know the thing that pierces the waves" 

Or the upper casemate above the belt, which is where I frequently shoot turtleback ships anyway. 8-inch AP will get through that but stick in the ship for full pens, and you can get a salvo or two off while you wait for the BB to get into your torpedo arcs (assuming they're still intact and loaded).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

If you hung around the back of the map so long the sub got to you, you're BB-ing wrong. If you fell back into spawn under pressure from enemy fire, you're not the person Mashed is talking about. Mashed said sitting at the back of the map. If you're duelling a sub, you are MOVING, not camping.

Exactly. 

If you are running from a sub, you either aren't full health or you wont be for long. Either way the subs gone past everyone else up front to get to you, which means you've been sitting in back the whole game. And your probably in a Yamato lol