Jump to content

Personal Request of Forum Members - Aslain's Modpack


Recommended Posts

Aslain, as many of you are well aware, provides the WoWs community with an invaluable service with an excellent collection of mods that add special features to the game that many here enjoy.  @Aslain is always first out of the gate with updates, which are promptly rolled out.  He also listens to the community and offers a quick response.

As a third-party contributor, he receives no support from WarGaming and totally relies on individual donations to keep his efforts alive.

He left a very kind message to all "guys and gals" of DevStrike! along with a brand new update to the latest patch.

Here's the request --  Please go to his message and give him a "Thanks" emoji at the following link:

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi all,

  

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

Aslain, as many of you are well aware, provides the WoWs community with an invaluable service with an excellent collection of mods that add special features to the game that many here enjoy.  @Aslain is always first out of the gate with updates, which are promptly rolled out.  He also listens to the community and offers a quick response.

As a third-party contributor, he receives no support from WarGaming and totally relies on individual donations to keep his efforts alive.

He left a very kind message to all "guys and gals" of DevStrike! along with a brand new update to the latest patch.

Here's the request --  Please go to his message and give him a "Thanks" emoji at the following link:

 

For years I am participating in Patreon for @Aslain- IMHO this is really small investment for each player and well worth while!

I wholeheartedly recommend using Parteon for supporting @Aslain and his GREAT work!!!

https://www.patreon.com/Aslain

 

Leo "Apollo11"

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might consider something like a donation if I have not been convinced over my career in WOWS that the primary motivation of modders in a PVP game such of this is to enable cheating.  I cannot in good conscience support someone seeking that.

 

 

  • Bored 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I might consider something like a donation if I have not been convinced over my career in WOWS that the primary motivation of modders in a PVP game such of this is to enable cheating.  I cannot in good conscience support someone seeking that.

No, but WG has pretty strict guidelines on what mods are or are not allowed to do (with severe penalties for exceeding them), and Aslain has the best and longest reputation for providing mods that stay well within the limits of what WG allows.

Do I sometimes think the approved mods provide a little too much information and should be restricted to CCs casting events? Yes.

Do I prefer to run a vanilla client? Yes. 

However, from what I can tell, Aslain's mods are free to download and use; and as long as this is the case, nobody can be said to have an unfair advantage. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

No, but WG has pretty strict guidelines on what mods are or are not allowed to do (with severe penalties for exceeding them), and Aslain has the best and longest reputation for providing mods that stay well within the limits of what WG allows.

Do I sometimes think the approved mods provide a little too much information and should be restricted to CCs casting events? Yes.

Do I prefer to run a vanilla client? Yes. 

However, from what I can tell, Aslain's mods are free to download and use; and as long as this is the case, nobody can be said to have an unfair advantage. 

 

Well, I'm not saying people can't install his mods.  Only that I can't support his work in good conscience.  It is up to each player what their conscience tells them is the right course of action.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Aslain, as many of you are well aware, provides the WoWs community with an invaluable service with an excellent collection of mods that add special features to the game that many here enjoy.  @Aslain is always first out of the gate with updates, which are promptly rolled out.  He also listens to the community and offers a quick response.

As a third-party contributor, he receives no support from WarGaming and totally relies on individual donations to keep his efforts alive.

He left a very kind message to all "guys and gals" of DevStrike! along with a brand new update to the latest patch.

Here's the request --  Please go to his message and give him a "Thanks" emoji at the following link:

 

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.889f44744d6ce21d60e8033824324702.jpg

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.