Personal Request of Forum Members - Aslain's Modpack

HogHammer

Aslain, as many of you are well aware, provides the WoWs community with an invaluable service with an excellent collection of mods that add special features to the game that many here enjoy.  @Aslain is always first out of the gate with updates, which are promptly rolled out.  He also listens to the community and offers a quick response.

As a third-party contributor, he receives no support from WarGaming and totally relies on individual donations to keep his efforts alive.

He left a very kind message to all "guys and gals" of DevStrike! along with a brand new update to the latest patch.

Here's the request --  Please go to his message and give him a "Thanks" emoji at the following link:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Instead of purchasing the ridiculous Battle Pass for this current update, I think donating it instead to Aslain's WoWs Modpack would go a long, long way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Hi all,

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

Aslain, as many of you are well aware, provides the WoWs community with an invaluable service with an excellent collection of mods that add special features to the game that many here enjoy.  @Aslain is always first out of the gate with updates, which are promptly rolled out.  He also listens to the community and offers a quick response.

As a third-party contributor, he receives no support from WarGaming and totally relies on individual donations to keep his efforts alive.

He left a very kind message to all "guys and gals" of DevStrike! along with a brand new update to the latest patch.

Here's the request --  Please go to his message and give him a "Thanks" emoji at the following link:

For years I am participating in Patreon for @Aslain- IMHO this is really small investment for each player and well worth while!

I wholeheartedly recommend using Parteon for supporting @Aslain and his GREAT work!!!

https://www.patreon.com/Aslain

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I wholeheartedly recommend using Parteon

PARTY ON, GARTH!!!

• Like 2

I might consider something like a donation if I have not been convinced over my career in WOWS that the primary motivation of modders in a PVP game such of this is to enable cheating.  I cannot in good conscience support someone seeking that.

• Bored 1

That’s a fascinating perspective. 

I support Aslains. He’s officially approved. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

I might consider something like a donation if I have not been convinced over my career in WOWS that the primary motivation of modders in a PVP game such of this is to enable cheating.  I cannot in good conscience support someone seeking that.

No, but WG has pretty strict guidelines on what mods are or are not allowed to do (with severe penalties for exceeding them), and Aslain has the best and longest reputation for providing mods that stay well within the limits of what WG allows.

Do I sometimes think the approved mods provide a little too much information and should be restricted to CCs casting events? Yes.

Do I prefer to run a vanilla client? Yes. 

However, from what I can tell, Aslain's mods are free to download and use; and as long as this is the case, nobody can be said to have an unfair advantage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

No, but WG has pretty strict guidelines on what mods are or are not allowed to do (with severe penalties for exceeding them), and Aslain has the best and longest reputation for providing mods that stay well within the limits of what WG allows.

Do I sometimes think the approved mods provide a little too much information and should be restricted to CCs casting events? Yes.

Do I prefer to run a vanilla client? Yes. 

However, from what I can tell, Aslain's mods are free to download and use; and as long as this is the case, nobody can be said to have an unfair advantage. 

Well, I'm not saying people can't install his mods.  Only that I can't support his work in good conscience.  It is up to each player what their conscience tells them is the right course of action.

6 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.889f44744d6ce21d60e8033824324702.jpg

• Thanks 1

On the way to join up as  Patreon.

The list is short but he's on it now.  He works hard as hell and his stuff works when WGs just tank or take forever.

That is all

• Like 3