Good build for Nakhimov?

OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

Hello,

I haven't touched Naki in about 18 months and don't know enough if this is a viable build or not. Anyone with better experience that can share theirs?

image.thumb.png.a1bf83cab610ecd62d11b3db204a0683.png

image.thumb.png.1b8ffd1b4a902c5069bf85d7cda1876f.png

14 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Hello,

I haven't touched Naki in about 18 months and don't know enough if this is a viable build or not. Anyone with better experience that can share theirs?

Speed == DPM for CVs. So I'd try putting some more points towards the bombers speeds. Swapping the two torp skills for it is what I'd do. 

- Hope this helps, Boob 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah speed is best. Personally I would skip flak reduction skill, not many ships output so much flak that it's even an issue to go past them. Or did one of the nakh squadrons attack at a flak altitude?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Hello,

as a CV player, you build around the planes you use the most.

So your build is around torpedo planes, so I hope you use them the most otherwise your build makes no sense.

Dont forget Nakhimov attack planes who deal ultra great damage also. And Skip bombers also, but with them you need good positioning when attacking.

So, your build is great if your usage of torpedo planes is more often then other planes.

You can also try to use attack planes or skip bombers so they make fire, when they dcp you can use torpedos for flooding.

• Like 1

Torp speed increase doesn't do much because it also increases torp arming distance.

Personally, I'd throw the 2pts to "patrol group leader" which gives you +1 fighter consumables for more spotting.

5 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Yeah speed is best. Personally I would skip flak reduction skill, not many ships output so much flak that it's even an issue to go past them. Or did one of the nakh squadrons attack at a flak altitude?

I find its still possible to take occasional flak dmg while in the attack phase. I've also seen few cases of entire Nakhimov squadrons explode while trying to retreat into the sky after completing an attack.

I have no idea how or why this happens, but it made me take the flak reduction armour skill to minimise such freak accidents. Someone else is welcome to elaborate on this.

• Like 1

Thanks for all ideas and suggestions! I think I will re-build a little for less torp focus. The torps do well but I feel you get more consistent damage from rockets and skip bombers.

52 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Thanks for all ideas and suggestions! I think I will re-build a little for less torp focus. The torps do well but I feel you get more consistent damage from rockets and skip bombers.

Definitly take that skill where you need less range for torps to become active.

• Like 1