some thought about commander skills

pepe_trueno

i have been quite critic about the commander skills rework, mostly because they lack variety or we have some silly skills that seem to only exist for a very limited number of ships but there is something i really liked and that was skills that improve based on performance like BBs Improved Repair Party Readiness.

so how about we get more of those? was thinking for cruisers:

*pack a punch: +20% secondary range, +% secondary accuracy every "x"*tier damage done with secondary guns, +% torpedo damage every "x"*tier damage done with torpedos

*Survivability Expert: +450 ship HP * ship tier, % increase DCP and repair party duration For each potential damage multiple

*AA Defense and ASW Expert: 

+25% damage from continuous AAA (flak damage removed)
+15% damage from depth charges.
+% AA range every "x*tier" damage done to planes 

While AA defenses are operating:
−50% ship consumables reload time.

• Like 1

I just want my old skills back.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

And still have those add up to 19 points.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I’d settle for just getting PM and FPE back for cruisers.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

*AA Defense and ASW Expert: 

+25% damage from continuous AAA (flak damage removed)
+15% damage from depth charges.
+% AA range every "x*tier" damage done to planes 

While AA defenses are operating:
−50% ship consumables reload time.

That -50% consumable reload is an unsung plus.  In the day and age of everyone and their borther popping off ASW just for grins, they are unwittingly reseting my Repair Party and DCP.  I like this particularly on my Vangauard becuase I have upwards of six repair parties and a 6 km AA range.  As red ASW are freebies plus ups for me, even air strike package are sometimes welcome as the damage inflicted on the run is less damaging overall than the plus up for getting my DCP or repair teams back on deck.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

And still have those add up to 19 points.

in many cases those 19 points commander were stronger than current 21 points commander

12 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

the good old days when AA /secondary builds were truly scary, every day i miss more the +40% AA range and +100% to long range AA

wowAA.thumb.jpg.99a30f717cf2c87d9d885c798c9501dc.jpg

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

in many cases those 19 points commander were stronger than current 21 points commander

the good old days when AA /secondary builds were truly scary, every day i miss more the +40% AA range and +100% to long range AA

wowAA.thumb.jpg.99a30f717cf2c87d9d885c798c9501dc.jpg

Yes, WG used that opportunity to screw up the game with surprising efficiency, much more so than we see them addressing any game bugs....

On 2/8/2024 at 2:10 PM, SoshiSone said:

That -50% consumable reload is an unsung plus.  In the day and age of everyone and their borther popping off ASW just for grins, they are unwittingly reseting my Repair Party and DCP.  I like this particularly on my Vangauard becuase I have upwards of six repair parties and a 6 km AA range.  As red ASW are freebies plus ups for me, even air strike package are sometimes welcome as the damage inflicted on the run is less damaging overall than the plus up for getting my DCP or repair teams back on deck.

its a powerfull buff but its also an akward skill

the component that increase AA damage is only useful on ships with a strong AA base so using it on ships with weak AA is kind of pointless but the cooldown reduction while planes are around you want it on the ships with weak AA that are usually the ones being focused by planes.

Few more ideas for DDs

Liquidator: +5% chance of causing flooding per flood caused

Swift in Silence:

+5% main battery reload time.
While undetected: +1% ship speed per every "x"*tier spoting damage 

Fearless Brawler:

+1 flak burst per salvo. -0.3% to main battery reload for each potential damage multiple while detected