Check out the Lunar New Year bundle chain.

iDuckman

WeeGee is trying something new this go-round with the Lunar NY event.  Free stuff, free stuff, free stuff, cheap stuff, free stuff, free stuff, free stuff, less cheap stuff, etc. 

A lot of the free stuff is Doubloons, so that the first 249 Db ($1) 2x Lunar NY bundle net cost is 49 Db, or 20 cents. [contents were meh, but whatever]  I stopped at the $6 ugly commander.

The prices are pretty good, too.  750 Db Lunar Warrior perma-camo for 699 (less some free Dub mitigation).  Check it out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

WeeGee is trying something new this go-round with the Lunar NY event.  Free stuff, free stuff, free stuff, cheap stuff, free stuff, free stuff, free stuff, less cheap stuff, etc. 

A lot of the free stuff is Doubloons, so that the first 249 Db ($1) 2x Lunar NY bundle net cost is 49 Db, or 20 cents. [contents were meh, but whatever]  I stopped at the $6 ugly commander.

The prices are pretty good, too.  750 Db Lunar Warrior perma-camo for 699 (less some free Dub mitigation).  Check it out.

Especially since from what it sounds like on Reddit the tiles can be in a varied order, so some people are coming out ahead on doubloons for going partway on the chain. 

I didn't get so lucky so stopped after three tiles, 100 free doubloons for later use. Not spending money on gambling containers, I only spend my money when I know exactly what I am getting. 

• Like 1

I kept getting premium time. I wonder if WG is feeling OK?

• Haha 2

Hi all,

12 hours ago, iDuckman said:

I got first 8 stages for net gain in Doubloons... the rest I will not do...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Thanks 1

I progressed far enough to where I had a net gain of 101 doubloons, and stopped there. 

• Thanks 1

HI all,

4 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

I progressed far enough to where I had a net gain of 101 doubloons, and stopped there. 

What stage was that?

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi all,

IMPORTANT!!!

Everyone got their own RND "Free" stages - not all stages are same for all!

My #1 & #2 were Free and got me 100 Doubloons (net gain +100 Doubloons)
My #3 cost 100 Doubloons (net gain 0 Doubloons)
My  #4 & #5 were Free and got me 100 Doubloons (net gain +100 Doubloons)
My #6 cost 249 Doubloons (net gain -149 Doubloons)
My #7 and #8 were Free and got me 250 Doubloons (net gain +101 Doubloons)

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Apparently there is a RND pattern - but we don't know how many patterns there are...

Edited by Leo_Apollo11
  • Like 1

Year of dragon bundles SAME crap as Rhode island. 

54 bundles where only Tianjin is worth getting,and even she is not that great, the rest are pile of dog crap.

Not worth even trying to buy. Braindead offers.

• Like 3

While it’s cool that one can game this system to end up with some free goodies/net doubloon gain, there is a reason WG has structured this event like this. The free doubloons scattered throughout the chain are designed to obfuscate the increasing costs of the bundles and inject that little bit of serotonin into your brain while you are clicking that button.

This rubs me the wrong way.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

HI all,

What stage was that?

Leo "Apollo11"

Eight.

The first bundle was 100 doubloons for free. So, I netted one doubloon and some minor things with the next seven.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
Sounds like we had the same distribution.
  • Like 2

Just went through this and stopped at Stage 10.  I spent the 400 free doubloons (and maybe another 100-200?) on Lunar containers (5 total).  Ended up with a couple days of Premium and the Fenyang from the containers. 

Edited by Slammer58
  • Like 1

I went until they asked me to pay doubloons for loot crates. Stopped there as I have a hard rule about gambling in this game.

Got a patch, some boosters I didn't need, and 100 doubloons.

Not really that interesting to be honest.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

Ended up with a couple days of Premium and the Fenyang from the containers. 

You have my condolences. :classic_laugh:

Well, as a cruiser main, she'll mostly be a port queen.  

18 hours ago, iDuckman said:

The prices are pretty good, too.

Some may still fork over real money to Wedgie. As far as I'm concerned, &, I believe, there are many others who would agree with me, Wedgie deserves not one penny more for what they've done to their own game. 

• Thanks 2
  • Bored 1

14 hours ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

I kept getting premium time. I wonder if WG is feeling OK?

No, I think they are throwing "ideas" at the proverbial marketing wall to see what "sticks..." since they have been out of First World marketing ideas since Update 8.0....

Gosh, the Innovation Meter is sitting at zero of late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

Some may still fork over real money to Wedgie. As far as I'm concerned, &, I believe, there are many others who would agree with me, Wedgie deserves not one penny more for what they've done to their own game. 

I've got around 15-20,000 dubs over time for free. I have at least 7 premiums I've never spent real money on either. Just because people can buy bundles doesn't mean they are spending real money every time. 

• Bored 1

On 2/8/2024 at 4:50 AM, Wulf_Ace said:

54 bundles where only Tianjin is worth getting,and even she is not that great, the rest are pile of dog crap.

We're talking about a different bundle set. Pay close attention!

As far as the Tianjin bundle chain is concerned... yeah, grab the ship if it's first up; otherwise don't go diving for it unless you're a CC spending WG's dubs (in which case you probably get given it anyway), or you're a non-CC monetized streamer and you can write it off against the taxes on your stream earnings.

• Thanks 1

I grabbed the first 3 free but no more. the standard lunar containers shipdrop compensation is so low I would be irritated if I got a ship.

The same thing that keeps me from doing these is happening here in a huge way.

IF i got all giggly and bought all of them to get to the Sun Yat Sen, since I have it , WG would graciously compensate me with 9999 DUBS!!

Yeah she come with a Commander ( I have plenty with twice that XP and more standing by ) Don't care about the mission.

Ship is WORTH 19,300 Dubs in the Armoury.

Being the type that loves working for a reward, the rewards have been awfully thin for much too long.

• Bored 1

18 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

IMPORTANT!!!

Everyone got their own RND "Free" stages - not all stages are same for all!

My #1 & #2 were Free and got me 100 Doubloons (net gain +100 Doubloons)
My #3 cost 100 Doubloons (net gain 0 Doubloons)
My  #4 & #5 were Free and got me 100 Doubloons (net gain +100 Doubloons)
My #6 cost 249 Doubloons (net gain -149 Doubloons)
My #7 and #8 were Free and got me 250 Doubloons (net gain +101 Doubloons)

P.S.

Apparently there is a RND pattern - but we don't know how many patterns there are...

There may be something to this.  Of four accounts, I got the same sequence (one a day late).  But on my PA I got a different sequence.  Rumor is that WG was experimenting with different sequences, but that seems to be over.

Btw, on the four, the first item was a free patch. On the PA, the first item was 100 Db and the second the patch for 100 Db, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

BTW, despite the poor LNY crate results, I might well have pushed on to Sun Yat Sen and the big Doubloon bundles, but I already have the BB.

Edited by iDuckman

On 2/8/2024 at 4:50 AM, Wulf_Ace said:

Yeah I was like *what the doodle* when I saw that. I mean, it was pretty much always like that the only reward really worth anything was the big one, but the small ones at least had something useful like boosters. My first offer is 350k silver and a permacamo. Seriously?? 350K silver for 1000 dubs? Camos are basically nothing, permas can't even be sold so are worse. I wonder anyway, are there really people who shell out hard cash for useless BS like camos? From the way WG offers them for high dub prices I have to think that is the case, but I just can't wrap my head around why anyone with a working brain would so such a thing.... Oh wait, we are talking about the WoWS playerbase...

• Like 1

Seems like some members are confusing the 2 different events.  Or maybe I should ask- as my progression list could be different, but buying through stage 8 gives me some minor loot, 2 lny crates, and leaves me 101 dubs ahead of where I started.  Should be awesome for the never pay a dime crowd (that I am very close to being a member of).  Since you can actually see all 27 steps in the chain, you can set your own stop point by calculating dubs spent vs what you are getting that is valuable "to you".  I may go for 3 more stages (3 lny crates costing 499 dubs, 7500 CXP, and 350 dubs) for a net investment of 48 dubs ( I don't know, like 25 cents?).  For me, the value drops off a cliff starting at stage 12, but then I place zero value on perma camos, flags, or cartoony captains, so that's my no brainer.  Penciled out to the end, and only counting the actual dubs spent and gained, the T9 would cost me 17, 946 dubs (everybody come up with the same number?), ridiculous price for one ship. 

51 minutes ago, meatgrindr said:

the T9 would cost me 17, 946 dubs (everybody come up with the same number?), ridiculous price for one ship. 

And yet, it's still cheaper than the doubloon price for a regular T9 ship in the Armory. (I'm not saying you should smash the piggy bank and go for it, just pointing out a fact.)

• Like 1